Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby JT99 » 12 Feb 2018, 09:54

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:Saw The Post on Sunday. It was outstanding, Streep deserves her nomination.

Not a ton of chill scenes, but really well-laid out story.


Alone? Where did you sit? Did you enjoy any treats?


Yes. Upper left corner as you look out from the screen. Popcorn and diet cola.

Thank you for your interest.

Tom Hanks was also in the movie. He was good.


Butter on the popped corn?

Tom Hanks is really just a pro's pro.


I mean, I wouldn't call it butter, per se, but buttery stuff.

Eric from Billy Madison was in the movie, too.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 10336
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Feb 2018, 09:58

JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:Saw The Post on Sunday. It was outstanding, Streep deserves her nomination.

Not a ton of chill scenes, but really well-laid out story.


Alone? Where did you sit? Did you enjoy any treats?


Yes. Upper left corner as you look out from the screen. Popcorn and diet cola.

Thank you for your interest.

Tom Hanks was also in the movie. He was good.


Butter on the popped corn?

Tom Hanks is really just a pro's pro.


I mean, I wouldn't call it butter, per se, but buttery stuff.

Eric from Billy Madison was in the movie, too.


Eric was in the film I saw, too! It was called "Get Out". I thought it was overrated, in my opinion. I viewed this at home, so my snacks were in beer form LOL.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24995
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby JT99 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:01

Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:Saw The Post on Sunday. It was outstanding, Streep deserves her nomination.

Not a ton of chill scenes, but really well-laid out story.


Alone? Where did you sit? Did you enjoy any treats?


Yes. Upper left corner as you look out from the screen. Popcorn and diet cola.

Thank you for your interest.

Tom Hanks was also in the movie. He was good.


Butter on the popped corn?

Tom Hanks is really just a pro's pro.


I mean, I wouldn't call it butter, per se, but buttery stuff.

Eric from Billy Madison was in the movie, too.


Eric was in the film I saw, too! It was called "Get Out". I thought it was overrated, in my opinion. I viewed this at home, so my snacks were in beer form LOL.


Hmmmm, YOU'RE pushing back against "Get Out"?!?!?!

No way.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 10336
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Feb 2018, 10:04

JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
JT99 wrote:Saw The Post on Sunday. It was outstanding, Streep deserves her nomination.

Not a ton of chill scenes, but really well-laid out story.


Alone? Where did you sit? Did you enjoy any treats?


Yes. Upper left corner as you look out from the screen. Popcorn and diet cola.

Thank you for your interest.

Tom Hanks was also in the movie. He was good.


Butter on the popped corn?

Tom Hanks is really just a pro's pro.


I mean, I wouldn't call it butter, per se, but buttery stuff.

Eric from Billy Madison was in the movie, too.


Eric was in the film I saw, too! It was called "Get Out". I thought it was overrated, in my opinion. I viewed this at home, so my snacks were in beer form LOL.


Hmmmm, YOU'RE pushing back against "Get Out"?!?!?!

No way.


Yeah, I mean what are the odds?!?!

But seriously, it was a fine suspense movie. Nothing I feel like I have to over-compliment for unknown reason.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24995
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 10:06

Guys. GUYS! I watched an episode of Brooklyn 99 last night, the one where the Peraltas and Santiagos have Thanksgiving dinner together. Guess who plays Peralta's dad on that show.

Also... Get Out was good, but it wasn't Best Picture good. People need to calm down about this movie. And I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy and the Academy always gets yelled at if they don't nominate black guys, because I'm the real racist if I point out that this movie is overrated.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19971
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Feb 2018, 10:17

TheWolf wrote:Guys. GUYS! I watched an episode of Brooklyn 99 last night, the one where the Peraltas and Santiagos have Thanksgiving dinner together. Guess who plays Peralta's dad on that show.

Also... Get Out was good, but it wasn't Best Picture good. People need to calm down about this movie. And I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy and the Academy always gets yelled at if they don't nominate black guys, because I'm the real racist if I point out that this movie is overrated.

It was no English Patient, which did win Best Picture.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31791
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:28

TheWolf wrote:Guys. GUYS! I watched an episode of Brooklyn 99 last night, the one where the Peraltas and Santiagos have Thanksgiving dinner together. Guess who plays Peralta's dad on that show.

Also... Get Out was good, but it wasn't Best Picture good. People need to calm down about this movie. And I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy and the Academy always gets yelled at if they don't nominate black guys, because I'm the real racist if I point out that this movie is overrated.


I don't disagree. I think the original overhype came more from the fact it was one of the Key and Peele guys and then it just became a wagon from there. I suspect I'd probably enjoy Get Out a lot more than most of the other nominated movies, but I don't think it's a world changer. I thought it was somewhere between good and really good, or a meh + as the millenials say.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31615
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 10:33

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Guys. GUYS! I watched an episode of Brooklyn 99 last night, the one where the Peraltas and Santiagos have Thanksgiving dinner together. Guess who plays Peralta's dad on that show.

Also... Get Out was good, but it wasn't Best Picture good. People need to calm down about this movie. And I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy and the Academy always gets yelled at if they don't nominate black guys, because I'm the real racist if I point out that this movie is overrated.


I don't disagree. I think the original overhype came more from the fact it was one of the Key and Peele guys and then it just became a wagon from there. I suspect I'd probably enjoy Get Out a lot more than most of the other nominated movies, but I don't think it's a world changer. I thought it was somewhere between good and really good, or a meh + as the millenials say.


Solid take. I can see it being overhyped because everyone was like, "Wait, this sketch comedy dude can make real movies?" And I'm sure I'd enjoy it more than most of the other nominees because I typically hate all that Oscar-bait nonsense. But I still don't see why this thing should be winning awards.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19971
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Feb 2018, 10:37

I enjoyed mister bacon, TSA agent.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18758
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Feb 2018, 10:37

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Guys. GUYS! I watched an episode of Brooklyn 99 last night, the one where the Peraltas and Santiagos have Thanksgiving dinner together. Guess who plays Peralta's dad on that show.

Also... Get Out was good, but it wasn't Best Picture good. People need to calm down about this movie. And I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy and the Academy always gets yelled at if they don't nominate black guys, because I'm the real racist if I point out that this movie is overrated.


I don't disagree. I think the original overhype came more from the fact it was one of the Key and Peele guys and then it just became a wagon from there. I suspect I'd probably enjoy Get Out a lot more than most of the other nominated movies, but I don't think it's a world changer. I thought it was somewhere between good and really good, or a meh + as the millenials say.


Solid take. I can see it being overhyped because everyone was like, "Wait, this sketch comedy dude can make real movies?" And I'm sure I'd enjoy it more than most of the other nominees because I typically hate all that Oscar-bait nonsense. But I still don't see why this thing should be winning awards.


Since you two are dancing around it, I'll be the asshole and say it. It was a good movie directed by a black man, starring a black actor with the prevailing theme of racism and racist whites looking to capitalize on black "traits". That's why it was overhyped, in my opinion.

If we were to judge this movie based solely on the film's merits, (imagine that, isn't that what everyone is whining about?) then it would be a solid popcorn film at best.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 24995
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 10:39

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Guys. GUYS! I watched an episode of Brooklyn 99 last night, the one where the Peraltas and Santiagos have Thanksgiving dinner together. Guess who plays Peralta's dad on that show.

Also... Get Out was good, but it wasn't Best Picture good. People need to calm down about this movie. And I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy and the Academy always gets yelled at if they don't nominate black guys, because I'm the real racist if I point out that this movie is overrated.


I don't disagree. I think the original overhype came more from the fact it was one of the Key and Peele guys and then it just became a wagon from there. I suspect I'd probably enjoy Get Out a lot more than most of the other nominated movies, but I don't think it's a world changer. I thought it was somewhere between good and really good, or a meh + as the millenials say.


Solid take. I can see it being overhyped because everyone was like, "Wait, this sketch comedy dude can make real movies?" And I'm sure I'd enjoy it more than most of the other nominees because I typically hate all that Oscar-bait nonsense. But I still don't see why this thing should be winning awards.


Since you two are dancing around it, I'll be the asshole and say it. It was a good movie directed by a black man, starring a black actor with the prevailing theme of racism and racist whites looking to capitalize on black "traits". That's why it was overhyped, in my opinion.

If we were to judge this movie based solely on the film's merits, (imagine that, isn't that what everyone is whining about?) then it would be a solid popcorn film at best.


I didn't mean to dance around it. I thought that was pretty clear when I said I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy. But thank you for making it even more clear. Glad I'm not the only racist honest person here.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 19971
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby mister bacon » 12 Feb 2018, 10:40

ctz31 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:finally got to see Paddington 2 today. it was awesome. highly recommend.



i seen this last week. there's a scene where Paddington is trapped in a train car sinking in the Thames river and Mrs Brown tries to save him and fails. it was dead silent in the theatre. my white, who cries at the drop of a hat, is welling up with tears when all of a sudden my son belts out "WELL I GUESS THERE WON'T BE A PADDINGTON 3" at the top of his lungs.

she admonished him for his insensitivity.
i had to stifle my laughter. there was a loud guffaw from a couple rows behind us.

yelling at the movie screen is probably the blackest thing my son has ever done. i was so proud.


Did you just spoil the star of this movie perishing? I don't care because i'll never see a movie called paddington bear, but think of the kids. Also, Rodney, who did you peruse this movie with? Aren't your kids in high school?


this movie was much too highbrow for you anyway gene so don't worry about it.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 27116
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:40

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Guys. GUYS! I watched an episode of Brooklyn 99 last night, the one where the Peraltas and Santiagos have Thanksgiving dinner together. Guess who plays Peralta's dad on that show.

Also... Get Out was good, but it wasn't Best Picture good. People need to calm down about this movie. And I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy and the Academy always gets yelled at if they don't nominate black guys, because I'm the real racist if I point out that this movie is overrated.


I don't disagree. I think the original overhype came more from the fact it was one of the Key and Peele guys and then it just became a wagon from there. I suspect I'd probably enjoy Get Out a lot more than most of the other nominated movies, but I don't think it's a world changer. I thought it was somewhere between good and really good, or a meh + as the millenials say.


Solid take. I can see it being overhyped because everyone was like, "Wait, this sketch comedy dude can make real movies?" And I'm sure I'd enjoy it more than most of the other nominees because I typically hate all that Oscar-bait nonsense. But I still don't see why this thing should be winning awards.


Since you two are dancing around it, I'll be the asshole and say it. It was a good movie directed by a black man, starring a black actor with the prevailing theme of racism and racist whites looking to capitalize on black "traits". That's why it was overhyped, in my opinion.

If we were to judge this movie based solely on the film's merits, (imagine that, isn't that what everyone is whining about?) then it would be a solid popcorn film at best.


I didn't mean to dance around it. I thought that was pretty clear when I said I have to pretend it's not being over-complimented because it was made by a black guy. But thank you for making it even more clear. Glad I'm not the only racist honest person here.


I think the Oscar nomination is centered pretty heavily on the racial side of things. My point was the original overhyping was more from the Key & Peele aspect than the black thing, because there are plenty of black movies that don't gain that kind of traction. K&P was the initial "in."
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31615
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 Feb 2018, 22:20

doubled down.

found the first Paddington on the flix. not as good as 2 but still entertaining.

one major redeeming feature was nicole kidman in one of her few recent outings where she looks hit. she was the villain. blonde bob, looked chesty, occasionally dressed in a vaguely nazi manner.

19A4445A-F36C-4DAE-B4E1-10B6ED1A1AE8.jpeg
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 25569
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Briandong79 » 19 Feb 2018, 09:13

Watched some pretty exciting flicks over the weekend. Let's dig in.

Honey I Shrunk The Kids: Still holds up! Rick Moranis has sneaky one of the toughest top 5 movie lists out there. The daughter in this flick was one of the early Dong crushes back in the day. Upon rewatching it, the mom is pretty hot too. In any case, the effects are still fairly entertaining, moved at a brisk pace which kept the kids very entertained, which led us to....

Honey I Blew Up The Kids: ...which my middle child referred to repeatedly as Honey I Blew the Kids, so I got him a Penn State application just in case. A lot duller but the effects are better, was a bit touch and go keeping the kids engaged at least until the end when the baby goes on a rampage through Las Vegas. The daughter from the first one is out in like the first 5 minutes because apparently she's in college now but this movie does feature Keri Russell in a bikini at I'm sure an inappropriate age to comment further.

The House: Wife and I watched this on Saturday night. What a strange movie. It was like they had the idea of "what if someone had a casino in a house" and then never bothered to figure out a plot really. In any case, had some chuckles, lots of familiar faces, was a decent way to kill off 90 minutes.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31615
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests