Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby the cheese » 11 Jan 2018, 10:23

TheWolf wrote:Hidden Figures. Another reminder of just how shitty white people are/were. It's crazy to think that shit like separate bathrooms were real and honestly not even that long ago.

Anyway, decent flick. Space stuff can be boring because nothing really happens, but I thought the story was solid enough to keep things interesting.

That one black chick, the skinny one, she's pretty hot.

I was talking about this movie with my mom, a former math teacher who geeks about math shit, who was also alive in the Jim Crow South-adjacent Oklahoma during the Civil Rights movement about a month ago. She actually talked about living through sit-ins and protests and integration at length, and how her parents responded (poorly) and how she and her friends basically counter-protested integration and the Oklahoma City bussing plan. It was fucking wild. She kept saying how ashamed she was of her actions. I was like, damn Mom.

Haven't seen the movie though.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Jan 2018, 10:53

I know Oklahoma is behind the times, but you only got the civil rights movement a month ago? /anus
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby the cheese » 11 Jan 2018, 11:00

Rodney Farva wrote:I know Oklahoma is behind the times, but you only got the civil rights movement a month ago? /anus

That one bounced around the rim but still went in.

OKC Public Schools are debating closing the black high school on the east side of town that my uncle got bussed to in 68. His comments on it are mildly humorous in an old white democrat who is woke now but used to be semi-racist as shit way
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Goose » 11 Jan 2018, 11:35

I seen Gone Girl the other day and caught a few minutes of Jack Reacher the other night. Now Rosamund Pike was pretty hot in Gone Girl (pre-uglifying herserlf), but her boobs looked significantly smaller than in Jack Reacher. Now I've got a theory for that. In Reacher her boobs were Tom Cruise adjacent for a lot of the movie and since he's such a little man they looked huge.

Reacher:

Gone Girl:

Or it could be that she's lost a lot of weight, she had the perfect bra/sweater combo during Reacher, high quality-CGI or maybe it really was a reverse Lord of the Rings type forced perspective (by making Tom Cruise look like a normal sized human they also had to make her breasts look really big).

Either way, it's kind of sad to notice that in the Year of Our Lord 2018. Rosamund Pike does not have big breasts.

However, and I'm sure Balls would agree, it was kind of hot in GG when she:

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
murked Doogie while they were banging.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 12 Jan 2018, 20:12

It’s official that Leo is on board for the Tarantino Manson film, as I predicted.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby ctz31 » 16 Jan 2018, 10:05

I was perusing for a comedy on the home box office last night and came across something called Big Trouble from aught two. It was only an hour 26, so i figured what the who. Holy shit the murderer's row cast on this thing. Tim Taylor, Rene Russo, Dennis Farina (one of the GOAT, were we aware he had perished?), the girl from Elf, The dude from My name is earl, janine garrapolo, Puddy, Omar Epps, the chick w the big cans from that sitcom people pretend to like with al bundy and the two gay lovers, noted sex offender tom sizemore, jon knoxville, the skinny twink that fucks that fat black chick in road trip, heavy D, the guy from the hunger games that looks like matt lauer a bit. i can't remember his role in HG but Imdb says he played ceasar. Good film btw, would rec. its about a girl who gets put in a bubble and has to fight for her life against a bunch of other people in a dysentery america.

Anyway, i feel like i may be missing some people too. How have i never heard of a film w such an allstar cast. The film was just ok. a few chuckles, and interesting premises. Can't really recall how it ends. It centers around a suitcase. Ok. I would give a rec, just on the cast but it isn't winning any emmy's.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2018, 10:12

ctz31 wrote:I was perusing for a comedy on the home box office last night and came across something called Big Trouble from aught two. It was only an hour 26, so i figured what the who. Holy shit the murderer's row cast on this thing. Tim Taylor, Rene Russo, Dennis Farina (one of the GOAT, were we aware he had perished?), the girl from Elf, The dude from My name is earl, janine garrapolo, Puddy, Omar Epps, the chick w the big cans from that sitcom people pretend to like with al bundy and the two gay lovers, noted sex offender tom sizemore, jon knoxville, the skinny twink that fucks that fat black chick in road trip, heavy D, the guy from the hunger games that looks like matt lauer a bit. i can't remember his role in HG but Imdb says he played ceasar. Good film btw, would rec. its about a girl who gets put in a bubble and has to fight for her life against a bunch of other people in a dysentery america.

Anyway, i feel like i may be missing some people too. How have i never heard of a film w such an allstar cast. The film was just ok. a few chuckles, and interesting premises. Can't really recall how it ends. It centers around a suitcase. Ok. I would give a rec, just on the cast but it isn't winning any emmy's.

I seen that film. Pretty entertaining but not great. I agree with your preview. I think it's based on an Elmore Leonard novel, whoever that is, which I also read. I don't think the book has the same title as the movie, doe.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Jan 2018, 10:30

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I was perusing for a comedy on the home box office last night and came across something called Big Trouble from aught two. It was only an hour 26, so i figured what the who. Holy shit the murderer's row cast on this thing. Tim Taylor, Rene Russo, Dennis Farina (one of the GOAT, were we aware he had perished?), the girl from Elf, The dude from My name is earl, janine garrapolo, Puddy, Omar Epps, the chick w the big cans from that sitcom people pretend to like with al bundy and the two gay lovers, noted sex offender tom sizemore, jon knoxville, the skinny twink that fucks that fat black chick in road trip, heavy D, the guy from the hunger games that looks like matt lauer a bit. i can't remember his role in HG but Imdb says he played ceasar. Good film btw, would rec. its about a girl who gets put in a bubble and has to fight for her life against a bunch of other people in a dysentery america.

I seen that film. Pretty entertaining but not great. I agree with your preview. I think it's based on an Elmore Leonard novel, whoever that is, which I also read. I don't think the book has the same title as the movie, doe.

Nope it's a Dave Berry book.

Regarding the bolded part above, it was scheduled to come out the week after 9/11 and got pushed back and buried.

Thanks Wikipedia.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2018, 10:35

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Regarding the bolded part above, it was scheduled to come out the week after 9/11 and got pushed back and buried.

Thanks Wikipedia.

TY for clarifying. I did read the book, but apparently didn't know which one it was. OK.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JT99 » 16 Jan 2018, 11:01

"dysentery america" was great.

Kudos
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 16 Jan 2018, 11:02

JT99 wrote:"dysentery america" was great.

Kudos

I got a good chuckle out of that one, too. Speaking of, I watched part of one of the Hunger Games movies the other night. Think it was the second one. Those are enjoyable flicks, SNS.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Jan 2018, 11:24

TheWolf wrote:
JT99 wrote:"dysentery america" was great.

Kudos

I got a good chuckle out of that one, too. Speaking of, I watched part of one of the Hunger Games movies the other night. Think it was the second one. Those are enjoyable flicks, SNS.

Did you drink wine during it? Haaaaaayyyy
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 16 Jan 2018, 11:45

Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Thanks Wikipedia.

I guess the terrorists did win after all.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dthefritz » 16 Jan 2018, 20:10

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Thanks Wikipedia.

There are those movies here and there. Star-studded cast, big hype, but then it's just meh. Not good enough to stand the test of time, but not bad/weird enough to be a cult-hit like Demolition Man. I'd put this one alongside fellow Gene's Pick "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead."
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby MisterTambourineMan » Yesterday, 09:07

Dthefritz wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Thanks Wikipedia.

There are those movies here and there. Star-studded cast, big hype, but then it's just meh. Not good enough to stand the test of time, but not bad/weird enough to be a cult-hit like Demolition Man. I'd put this one alongside fellow Gene's Pick "Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead."

Whoa, I got like several bones to pick here, like at least 3. 1) Big hype of a Tim Allen vehicle written by the creator of Dave's World? Let's slow our roll here. DAVE BARRY NEARLY RUINED HARRY ANDERSON'S CAREER. 2) Do NOT compare this tripe to Things to Do in Denver When You're Dead. That was actually a good movie, calling it a Gene's Pick is....which actually leads me to 3) I have no idea if Gene31 would like this one. It's got a coupe of actors he'd like, Walken the GOAT, etc. But it's good, so. That's a coin flip, I never really know when 31 is going to like or dislike a movie. Either way, that one is good, and should in no way be lumped in with Big Trouble.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Movies