The Bike Thread

Re: The Bike Thread

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 14:39

chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:In a sign that I am nearly finished with my transition into a bored suburban housewife, I bought a Peloton yesterday. I’m actually finding more and more of my friends buying them and raving about them. I’m still not completely sure I made a great purchase. Will be nice to have something I can use that doesn’t require the 15-minute each way drive to and from the gym.

I'm subscribing for updates on this one, more as a product manager than someone who wants to ride a fake bike but that doesn't mean I won't get on a fake bike one day.

I am also subscribing for updates on this one, as the wife has mentioned wanting one and the spin class I went to the other day seemed fun.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Jan 2018, 14:53

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:In a sign that I am nearly finished with my transition into a bored suburban housewife, I bought a Peloton yesterday. I’m actually finding more and more of my friends buying them and raving about them. I’m still not completely sure I made a great purchase. Will be nice to have something I can use that doesn’t require the 15-minute each way drive to and from the gym.

I'm subscribing for updates on this one, more as a product manager than someone who wants to ride a fake bike but that doesn't mean I won't get on a fake bike one day.

I am also subscribing for updates on this one, as the wife has mentioned wanting one and the spin class I went to the other day seemed fun.

I will keep you both in the loop, but it is a week and a half away from delivery.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby ctz31 » 12 Jan 2018, 16:07

My (fat) BIL recently bought a bike and raves about it. He says he rides it every night as he video games, like balls. He works out w me and is actually strong, but he's fat. he's imploring me to get one. I'm like, that's cool if you like it, but at night i just wanna relax. he doesn't drink like me though so that probably makes a difference. anyway, i work out during the day, sometimes twice. I'm not getting a bike to ride while i watch tv, or play video games like a child. that's all.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Theny » 12 Jan 2018, 16:19

I got a road bike recently and have been going out pretty much every day. Rode to the beach and back this morning, so I had to climb two bridges there and back. Legs are Jello rn.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby bosux » 12 Jan 2018, 22:30

great thing about a bike is once you buy it that's it for money outlay other than real basic maintenance...no lift tickets, no greens fees, gym dues etc
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Previous

Return to Other Sports