Bill Simmons Sports Column. 1/12/2018. Enjoy!

Discuss the columns here!

Re: Bill Simmons Sports Column. 1/12/2018. Enjoy!

Postby Rufus » 12 Jan 2018, 15:55

JichaelDick wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
2. I see Saints-Vikes becoming the signature game of the week: a back-and-forth nail-biter playing out like the 2015 season’s Cards-Packers classic (maybe without the Hail Mary). I like that New Orleans played a legitimate playoff game against an on-fire Cam Newton last week. Great test for a team that loves playing in domes, obviously. They’ll be ready. One of these two teams will make the Super Bowl.


All of the sudden, I'm feeling good about my Falcons chances of losing another Superb Owl.

Is Matt Ryan playing?


Yup. Third highest rated passer in NFL Postseason history. Just don't look at #8

Holy crap, Eli and Peyton have the exact same rating. That is fantastic.
Rufus
Wiffle Ball King
 
Posts: 85
Joined: 22 May 2009, 03:30

Re: Bill Simmons Sports Column. 1/12/2018. Enjoy!

Postby ctz31 » 12 Jan 2018, 15:59

Rufus wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
2. I see Saints-Vikes becoming the signature game of the week: a back-and-forth nail-biter playing out like the 2015 season’s Cards-Packers classic (maybe without the Hail Mary). I like that New Orleans played a legitimate playoff game against an on-fire Cam Newton last week. Great test for a team that loves playing in domes, obviously. They’ll be ready. One of these two teams will make the Super Bowl.


All of the sudden, I'm feeling good about my Falcons chances of losing another Superb Owl.

Is Matt Ryan playing?


Yup. Third highest rated passer in NFL Postseason history. Just don't look at #8

Holy crap, Eli and Peyton have the exact same rating. That is fantastic.


And both have an above .500 record in the playoffs against tom. :lol:
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 10172
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Bill Simmons Sports Column. 1/12/2018. Enjoy!

Postby chrisco » 12 Jan 2018, 16:06

ctz31 wrote:
Rufus wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
2. I see Saints-Vikes becoming the signature game of the week: a back-and-forth nail-biter playing out like the 2015 season’s Cards-Packers classic (maybe without the Hail Mary). I like that New Orleans played a legitimate playoff game against an on-fire Cam Newton last week. Great test for a team that loves playing in domes, obviously. They’ll be ready. One of these two teams will make the Super Bowl.


All of the sudden, I'm feeling good about my Falcons chances of losing another Superb Owl.

Is Matt Ryan playing?


Yup. Third highest rated passer in NFL Postseason history. Just don't look at #8

Holy crap, Eli and Peyton have the exact same rating. That is fantastic.


And both have an above .500 record in the playoffs against tom. :lol:

Yet you can put their rings together and they still come up short.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12575
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Bill Simmons Sports Column. 1/12/2018. Enjoy!

Postby Jew Jitsu » 12 Jan 2018, 16:17

chrisco wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Rufus wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
PhillyJim76 wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
2. I see Saints-Vikes becoming the signature game of the week: a back-and-forth nail-biter playing out like the 2015 season’s Cards-Packers classic (maybe without the Hail Mary). I like that New Orleans played a legitimate playoff game against an on-fire Cam Newton last week. Great test for a team that loves playing in domes, obviously. They’ll be ready. One of these two teams will make the Super Bowl.


All of the sudden, I'm feeling good about my Falcons chances of losing another Superb Owl.

Is Matt Ryan playing?


Yup. Third highest rated passer in NFL Postseason history. Just don't look at #8

Holy crap, Eli and Peyton have the exact same rating. That is fantastic.


And both have an above .500 record in the playoffs against tom. :lol:

Yet you can put their rings together and they still come up short.

Scottie puppet got more rings than Duncan or Shaq
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8945
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: Bill Simmons Sports Column. 1/12/2018. Enjoy!

Postby JichaelDick » 12 Jan 2018, 16:18

Image

He's gotta get two more to tie my boy, doe. That's the face of a goddamn winner, IMO.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26468
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: Bill Simmons Sports Column. 1/12/2018. Enjoy!

Postby Dthefritz » 12 Jan 2018, 16:53

Made it several paragraphs. What a collossal prick he is for invoking David Halberstam to disingenuously discredit an espn.com piece. Careful where you aim that shotgun, Bill, the recoil might knock your ass back halfway across the Pacific.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7891
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Previous

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests