The Bike Thread

Re: The Bike Thread

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 14:39

chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:In a sign that I am nearly finished with my transition into a bored suburban housewife, I bought a Peloton yesterday. I’m actually finding more and more of my friends buying them and raving about them. I’m still not completely sure I made a great purchase. Will be nice to have something I can use that doesn’t require the 15-minute each way drive to and from the gym.

I'm subscribing for updates on this one, more as a product manager than someone who wants to ride a fake bike but that doesn't mean I won't get on a fake bike one day.

I am also subscribing for updates on this one, as the wife has mentioned wanting one and the spin class I went to the other day seemed fun.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Jan 2018, 14:53

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:In a sign that I am nearly finished with my transition into a bored suburban housewife, I bought a Peloton yesterday. I’m actually finding more and more of my friends buying them and raving about them. I’m still not completely sure I made a great purchase. Will be nice to have something I can use that doesn’t require the 15-minute each way drive to and from the gym.

I'm subscribing for updates on this one, more as a product manager than someone who wants to ride a fake bike but that doesn't mean I won't get on a fake bike one day.

I am also subscribing for updates on this one, as the wife has mentioned wanting one and the spin class I went to the other day seemed fun.

I will keep you both in the loop, but it is a week and a half away from delivery.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby ctz31 » 12 Jan 2018, 16:07

My (fat) BIL recently bought a bike and raves about it. He says he rides it every night as he video games, like balls. He works out w me and is actually strong, but he's fat. he's imploring me to get one. I'm like, that's cool if you like it, but at night i just wanna relax. he doesn't drink like me though so that probably makes a difference. anyway, i work out during the day, sometimes twice. I'm not getting a bike to ride while i watch tv, or play video games like a child. that's all.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Theny » 12 Jan 2018, 16:19

I got a road bike recently and have been going out pretty much every day. Rode to the beach and back this morning, so I had to climb two bridges there and back. Legs are Jello rn.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby bosux » 12 Jan 2018, 22:30

great thing about a bike is once you buy it that's it for money outlay other than real basic maintenance...no lift tickets, no greens fees, gym dues etc
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Frank the Tank » Yesterday, 15:03

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

I will keep you both in the loop, but it is a week and a half away from delivery.

Update: got the delivery call last night that it would come between 2:30pm and 5:30pm and that the truck would call 30 minutes before delivery. So, of course, they show up unannounced at 1:30pm. Then they take a little time putting it together and leave. I set it up, download updates, and start doing the little quick training video. I rotate the pedals 10-15 times total before the right pedal comes off. I look at it and it seems they never put it all the way in and just cross-threaded the fuck out of it during installation. I tried to clean out the metal detritus from the threads but to no avail. Wait for online help, send photos of the damage, and they say I'll hear from them within 48 hours.

So far, the Peloton experience gets an F-double-minus.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » Yesterday, 15:45

Just the universe trying to tell you you should accept your natural body shape.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Theny » Yesterday, 15:54

Frank the Tank wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

Update: got the delivery call last night that it would come between 2:30pm and 5:30pm and that the truck would call 30 minutes before delivery. So, of course, they show up unannounced at 1:30pm. Then they take a little time putting it together and leave. I set it up, download updates, and start doing the little quick training video. I rotate the pedals 10-15 times total before the right pedal comes off. I look at it and it seems they never put it all the way in and just cross-threaded the fuck out of it during installation. I tried to clean out the metal detritus from the threads but to no avail. Wait for online help, send photos of the damage, and they say I'll hear from them within 48 hours.

A-holes. Are these delivery guys from Peloton?

ETA: I got a KOM on Strava (for 2018) yesterday for one of the sprints by my house. Need to get 7 seconds faster to break the all time KOM.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby TheWolf » Yesterday, 19:27

Theny wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:

ETA: I got a KOM on Strava (for 2018) yesterday for one of the sprints by my house. Need to get 7 seconds faster to break the all time KOM.

Can someone please translate this to white fat ass English?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » Yesterday, 20:51

King of the mountain. He had a fast time on the gps. Strava is an app that times your hike/bike/etc
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » Yesterday, 20:57

SouthernYokel wrote:King of the mountain. He had a fast time on the gps. Strava is an app that times your hike/bike/etc

Thank you. Sounds exhausting.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 minutes ago

Theny wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Update: got the delivery call last night that it would come between 2:30pm and 5:30pm and that the truck would call 30 minutes before delivery. So, of course, they show up unannounced at 1:30pm. Then they take a little time putting it together and leave. I set it up, download updates, and start doing the little quick training video. I rotate the pedals 10-15 times total before the right pedal comes off. I look at it and it seems they never put it all the way in and just cross-threaded the fuck out of it during installation. I tried to clean out the metal detritus from the threads but to no avail. Wait for online help, send photos of the damage, and they say I'll hear from them within 48 hours.

No, they contract delivery and physical installation to XPO Logistics. They put the screen on and a little bit of other stuff, then plug it in. WiFi connection and technical support is completely out of their hands after that. It takes a little while to configure so I didn't have a chance to get everything set up and test it before they left.

I heard from them and they've agreed to send replacement parts via UPS (didn't say which parts they thought needed replacing, so I don't know if I'm just getting a new pedal or a whole new crank assembly too) and then I'll hear from someone within 3 business days who will eventually come and perform the service. I will wait for the process to play out before I go back and demand compensation in the form of a shipping cost refund (something a friend had success with) or several months of free service added on, etc.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Previous

Return to Other Sports