The Good Place

Re: The Good Place

Postby Frank the Tank » 12 Jan 2018, 13:24

A slow episode, but understandably necessary. I’m done doubting this writing team when they throw out big changes. I thought there was nowhere they could go after season 1’s finale and I was dead wrong. I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Jan 2018, 13:32

Frank the Tank wrote:I thought there was nowhere they could go after season 1’s finale and I was dead wrong. I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

1. What is Bobby Knight's take on rape, Alex?
2. Said it last night but Michael Schur might be my hero. He's the tits. Trust his process.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby the cheese » 12 Jan 2018, 14:40

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:I thought there was nowhere they could go after season 1’s finale and I was dead wrong. I’m just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

1. What is Bobby Knight's take on rape, Alex?
2. Said it last night but Michael Schur might be my hero. He's the tits. Trust his process.

We started watching Brooklyn 99 season three on Wednesday after stopping after season two. It is even funnier than I remember. Also, Hulu plus is legit.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Jan 2018, 16:22

Finally started this show last night. I agree, it's funny af. 5 episodes and I am fully invested and also my opinion of Kristen bell has flipped a 180, I used to think she was eminently replaceable, now suddenly I really like her.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Jan 2018, 16:33

SouthernYokel wrote:Finally started this show last night. I agree, it's funny af. 5 episodes and I am fully invested and also my opinion of Kristen bell has flipped a 180, I used to think she was eminently replaceable, now suddenly I really like her.

I agree with this taek. I really didn’t know her much given that I never watched Veronica Mars. I hadn’t seen her in much besides Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I’ve still managed to avoid seeing Frozen since my kids are boys and older. This is the first thing she’s been in that I’ve seen and thought was really awesome.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby chrisco » 16 Jan 2018, 19:52

Frank the Tank wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Finally started this show last night. I agree, it's funny af. 5 episodes and I am fully invested and also my opinion of Kristen bell has flipped a 180, I used to think she was eminently replaceable, now suddenly I really like her.

I agree with this taek. I really didn’t know her much given that I never watched Veronica Mars. I hadn’t seen her in much besides Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I’ve still managed to avoid seeing Frozen since my kids are boys and older. This is the first thing she’s been in that I’ve seen and thought was really awesome.

She was strong in Veronica Mars.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 17 Jan 2018, 09:33

chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

She was strong in Forgetting Sarah Marshall too.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Jan 2018, 08:44

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

She was strong in last night’s episode. Damn that disguise was good.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 19 Jan 2018, 08:45

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

She gets her ass beat in Deadwood.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Jan 2018, 08:49

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:

She gets her ass beat in Deadwood.

I'm listening.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Frank the Tank » 19 Jan 2018, 14:12

ELEANOR SHELLSTROP is an anagram of “HELL’S PORTAL OR LENS”. Maybe she’s the gate keeper and Michael is the key master or something.

Yes, I do have work to be doing. Why do you ask?

ETA: and Chidi Anagonye is an anagram of “YA GONNA DIE, CHI.” Or “Y’GONNA DIE, CHIA”, maybe forecasting the decline in popularity of Chia Pets?

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby the cheese » 19 Jan 2018, 14:18

Frank the Tank wrote:ELEANOR SHELLSTROP is an anagram of “HELL’S PORTAL OR LENS”. Maybe she’s the gate keeper and Michael is the key master or something.

Yes, I do have work to be doing. Why do you ask?

Yeah, they keep blowing up their spot in decreasing amounts of time. The half-life of this show is remarkably fast. I wonder how much of that is Shur's experience with NBC threatening to cancel Parks and Rec at the end of every season so he wrote each season finale as a series finale. Either way, interested to see how they figure this shit out. This show is so good it's even got my wife interested in it and wanting to watch every episode immediately after it airs.

Also, I would like to see Tahani's boobies.
the cheese
The Douche

Previous

Return to TV