NBA STONG TAEKS

Re: NBA STONG TAEKS

Postby Rodney Farva » 08 Nov 2017, 23:11

there’s a young guy on Sacramento, Skal Labisiere. at some point this season someone on another team is going to haul off and slug him. he’s one of those guys who is annoying to play against because he always grabs and pushes all over the floor.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SGFan » 14 Nov 2017, 16:46

My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.
SGFan
Hope College Alum

Postby Dthefritz » 14 Nov 2017, 19:07

SGFan wrote:My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.

TAEKS are always welcome in this thread, but I really don't agree with you at all. There's always time for pickup. IDK how you could watch guys like Curry or Harden and not think they played a ton of pickup over the years.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mj3528 » 14 Nov 2017, 19:12

Dthefritz wrote:
SGFan wrote:My hot take theory on the all-star game is that a lot the players haven't played very much pickup. With youth leagues, development, aau, etc., I'm guessing they have been in organized leagues or training non-stop since they were kids and there hasn't been much time for pickup games. They still want to market it as the greatest pickup game in the world, but they can't because the game looks like the time when everyone decides to quit if it was an actual pickup game. They have to say it's a pickup game with the greatest players in the world.

TAEKS are always welcome in this thread, but I really don't agree with you at all. There's always time for pickup. IDK how you could watch guys like Curry or Harden and not think they played a ton of pickup over the years.

Plus NBA guys play pick up all the time in the summer.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 14 Nov 2017, 19:19

You guys can say the ASG looks pickup-ish, but ion agree. How many pickup games run any plays other than a scrub (me) setting a pick for someone who doesn’t suck?

I know it’s a ton of dunks and dicking around, but it’s still way more organized than a pickup game. IMHO
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Previous

Return to NBA