Bill Did It

Discuss the columns here!

Bill Did It

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Sep 2017, 16:18

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Re: Bill Did It

Postby Dthefritz » 29 Sep 2017, 18:06

On Thursday night in Lambeau, when Davante Adams got coldcocked by a helmet-to-helmet hit and looked dead — not injured, DEAD — everyone processed the moment through a more sophisticated lens. You hoped that he hadn’t died. You winced at the three replays. You waited for the thumbs-up. (It came.) Then you thought about the fact that, 30 years from now, Davante Adams might not remember why he can’t remember anything. That’s football in 2017.

Honestly, I don't wanna come off like a mouthbreather spouting "HURR FOOTBALL'S ALWAYS BEEN DANGEROUS", but I remember a Jets-Lions game from like 96 or 97, last game of the regular season, when a Lions D-linemen looked legit like he could be dead and they stopped the game for a good 20-30 min to get him off the

Bill's missing the point here. What's changed in recent years is not that, but the knowledge that more routine hits can build up and have horrific consequences. The occasional life-threatening situation has been a constant.

ETA:
Ever watch a game with anyone between the ages of 15 and 25? What happens once the game goes to commercial? Their heads pivot down. They start scrolling and texting and reading and watching. Shit, they might be looking down during the game.

Yeah, cause no mature, stoic, 26 or 40 year old would ever interrupt the sanctified act of watching sports on television to check their phone. It was simply not part of the value system of that generation!
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 30 Sep 2017, 12:03

If only ESPN owned a website that explored the intersections between sports, culture, and race, maybe they could have thoughtfully explored that hypocrisy. (Sorry, I had to.)

We’re placing $550 to win $500 on each game. Whatever.

Lol. This dude is such a tool.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Incogneetus69 » 30 Sep 2017, 13:24

For someone who is in the 99th percentile of NFL fans he sure doesn't like the NFL at all.

You can tell sal is like quit being a sandy vagina cmon man drop the midlife crisis let's go
Incogneetus69
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Briandong79 » 01 Oct 2017, 08:19

ctz31 wrote:
If only ESPN owned a website that explored the intersections between sports, culture, and race, maybe they could have thoughtfully explored that hypocrisy. (Sorry, I had to.)

We’re placing $550 to win $500 on each game. Whatever.

Lol. This dude is such a tool.

For what it's worth, that first paragraph isn't a Grantland dig. It's the description they used for The Undefeated, which they do in fact own.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Return to Stop Clicking Refresh