Best Movie Villain:Non-sports related included

Postby jack_daniels » 25 Jan 2005, 18:17

Or the babysitter from The Hand that Rocks the Cradle.

Man in Bambi. Textbook villain.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Big Scary Monster » 26 Jan 2005, 14:52

JohnnyDamon wrote:I'm partial to Colonel Tavington in the Patriot, especially when he put all of the townspeople in the church and threatened to kill all of them if someone didn't speak out against the "Ghost," then left, locked the church, and burned it to the ground.

You have to give it to Jason Isaacs. Nobody plays a more over the top bad guy than him. Colonel Tavington, Lucious Malfoy... he even played Captain Hook in that shitty Peter Pan remake they just did.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Ubertrout » 27 Jan 2005, 12:52

Virtually any Gary Oldman character ever, though Zorg and his character from The Professional were the top two.

Isaacs was great as Tavington. He single-handedly made that movie watchable.

I actually thought Dustin Hoffman in Hook was great. Not the best movie, but Hoffman was phenomenal. This is completely me being partial, though; I was 6 when that movie came out, and he scared the living crap out of me.

The best might actually be Edward Norton in Primal Fear. If you haven't seen it, go see that movie right now. Not the best movie, but his performance...wow.

How about a classic: Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter? Just those eyes...*shudder*

James Woods in Ghosts of Mississippi deserves an honorable mention. I've never been scared of an old man before seeing that movie.

Tom Berenger as Barnes in Platoon is another one. "Barnes is the only thing that can kill Barnes...", "Now I got no problem with any man does what he's told, but when he don't, the machine breaks down. And when the machine breaks down, WE break down. And I'm not gonna allow that, from any of you. Not one."

For that matter, Willem Dafoe as the Green Goblin in the Spider Man movie. I can't stand the movie, but Dafoe was just phenomenal considering they gave him a crappy power ranger suit and he had to convey evil using only his voice.

Kevin Spacey as John Doe in Se7en always got me.

Mark Madsen was great in Reservoir Dogs. I mean, talking to the guy's ear after he's just cut it off? How much more evil can you get? Too bad he's soiled himself with Tilt...

DeNiro as Al Capone in the Untouchables was also really good.

Here's another one: Ralph Fiennes as Amon Goeth in Schindler's List. Can't get much worse than rape, torture, murder, and outright genocide, I don't think.

But I can't believe you haven't mentioned maybe the greatest villain ever. It's so obvious...Darth Vader. Yeah, I know he changed sides, but...the guy was just the height of badass evil in the first two movies. He wasn't crazy-fucked-up-scary like Oldman in the Professional, or like Hopkins as Lecter, but...he was Darth Vader. I mean, the name's just synonymous with bad guy, with dark uncompromising evil. He has to at least get a mention.
"I don't care if the Yankees are playing a team consisting of Saddam Hussein, Hitler, and Josef Stalin; I still want them to lose." -My Uncle
Ubertrout
Farva's Driver

Postby Tecmo Bo » 27 Jan 2005, 13:36

If you want to talk dark, uncompromising evil, there's only one name to drop.
Jar Jar Binks

Jabba the hutt was pretty nasty too though, especially in that bit where he's trying to tongue Leia's whole face. Although, back then, everyone would have liked to give Carrie Fisher a lick...
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby WampaOne » 27 Jan 2005, 14:36

how about the Duke of New York "you?re A number 1"
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 14:38

Or the girlfriend in This is Spinal Tap
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Ubertrout » 27 Jan 2005, 14:43

I think Jar Jar's more synonymous with "dark, uncompromising stupid" than "dark, uncompromising evil."
"I don't care if the Yankees are playing a team consisting of Saddam Hussein, Hitler, and Josef Stalin; I still want them to lose." -My Uncle
Ubertrout
Farva's Driver

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 14:48

Ubertrout wrote:I think Jar Jar's more synonymous with "dark, uncompromising stupid" than "dark, uncompromising evil."

I hate that thing almost as much as those fucking Ewoks, we really need a "shittiest character in a movie" thread
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby MoreCowbell » 27 Jan 2005, 15:01

howboutafrescahmmm wrote:I hate that thing almost as much as those fucking Ewoks, we really need a "shittiest character in a movie" thread

You take that back!!!! The Ewoks fucking kick ass, they saved the day in Return of the Jedi!!!
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 15:04

MoreCowbell wrote:
howboutafrescahmmm wrote:I hate that thing almost as much as those fucking Ewoks, we really need a "shittiest character in a movie" thread

You take that back!!!! The Ewoks fucking kick ass, they saved the day in Return of the Jedi!!!

Ewoks are the things Wookies crap out after a long night of drinking
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tecmo Bo » 27 Jan 2005, 15:12

You always get knocked for busting on the Ewoks, huh Fresca?
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 15:14

I know, what the hell is wrong with people? Its just like that blood sausage deal you've been preaching.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby WampaOne » 27 Jan 2005, 15:25

I love the smell of burnt Ewok fur in the morning.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 27 Jan 2005, 15:52

WampaOne wrote:I love the smell of burnt Ewok fur in the morning.

I'm glad there is another sane person on this board
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Snake » 27 Jan 2005, 16:59

What about Gretchen Mol from Rounders? While she wasn't the storyline villain (And John Malkovich was brilliant in that role), she was definitely the one you hate at the end of the flick.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

PreviousNext

Return to Movies