Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Dthefritz » 18 Apr 2017, 17:43

chrisco wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Goose wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I came across A Bronx Tale on Friday evening on TV. I had never seen it. I watched it. It was pretty good. It was essentially a less drawn-out, more succinct version of Goodfellas. I liked ABT better than G. It was kinda weird seeing De Niro as the straight laced guy.

The thing that bothers me about these gangster movies is that they fucking feel the extreme need to overdo it with the soundtrack. They make you feel like youre really there! We get it. Knock it off.

I give it 3.5/5. Would rec.

I am glad you enjoyed my recommendation to you. I watched a film last even called.....shit, i can't remember. it had the fat kid from superbad, sarah marshall etc, and another dude. They played arms runners for the US gov't. It was on hbo. It was decent. I don't really have anything else to say about it really. Flaccid rec.

War Dogs. The piece it's based off of was in Rolling Stone and was really good. Thank you for the review.

I saw this several months ago and may have even reviewed it a few pages back, but who's going to bother to look. Jonah Hill was good, the second lead kid was terrible and the girl who wasn't Sarah Marshall (I don't think Sarah Marshall was in it) was pretty smoking.

It was a pretty good film that I probably would never watch again.

Yes, i was mentally prepared to mention the hot chick in my review but whiffed on it.

I prolly posted a review of this flick in between 3 other plane films. I was a fan of said film, bigger fan of posted girl. Its about time Jonah Hill carried a film.

I too saw this film on a plane. Was also a big fan of posted girl, but thought the movie blew goat balls. They took a really interesting true story and plugged it into the "let's make Hungover part 12" machine and the result was dismal and phony. ZOMG WHAT IF GEEKY WHITE PEOPLE BECAME CRIMINALS AND STUF????????? Honestly, we really need to reinstitute the draft.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Apr 2017, 09:41

Seen a few movies on the plane rides to/from Europe:

Deadpool - Holy shit this movie is fantastic. I agree this one should've been nominated for an Academy Award. A+

Any Given Sunday - I'd never seen this from beginning to end. Overall good movie with standout performances from Pacino, Foxx, LT, and Woods. B+

Rogue One - Watched it again as I had seen it in the theater when it was released. Still an A.

Office Christmas Party - Good lord this was awful. Olivia Munn as a tech genius? Nope. D-

Ex Machina - Solid flick--nice little twist at the end. Some unanswered questions about what happened to the characters remaining at the end but still very good. B+
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:03

CourtesyFlush wrote:Seen a few movies on the plane rides to/from Europe:

Deadpool - Holy shit this movie is fantastic. I agree this one should've been nominated for an Academy Award. A+

Any Given Sunday - I'd never seen this from beginning to end. Overall good movie with standout performances from Pacino, Foxx, LT, and Woods. B+

Rogue One - Watched it again as I had seen it in the theater when it was released. Still an A.

Office Christmas Party - Good lord this was awful. Olivia Munn as a tech genius? Nope. D-

Ex Machina - Solid flick--nice little twist at the end. Some unanswered questions about what happened to the characters remaining at the end but still very good. B+

Nice. The only redeemable movie on your list gets a D-. Well done.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby JT99 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:05

CourtesyFlush wrote:Seen a few movies on the plane rides to/from Europe:

CourtesyFlush wrote:Any Given Sunday - I'd never seen this from beginning to end. Overall good movie with standout performances from Pacino, Foxx, LT, and Woods. B+

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Apr 2017, 10:13

You watched Ex Machina on a plane? Thats awesome. That's soft p0rn.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Apr 2017, 10:23

Ex Machina ruled. Oscar deserved an Oscar.

Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Apr 2017, 10:25

JT and 31--I stand by my ratings.

JT--what's your disagreement with Any Given Sunday? Rated too high or low?

I especially stand by my ranking of Office Christmas Party in light of 31's disagreement.

Balls--they edited out the nudity and swearing in the plane version. Still got enough of the plot but would definitely like to see more of the Asian girl and Ava.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JT99 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:42

CourtesyFlush wrote:JT--what's your disagreement with Any Given Sunday? Rated too high or low?

Too high; jumbled piece of garbage with spastic quick cuts that make it nearly unwatchable.

Cameron Diaz as the owner? ok.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Jew Jitsu » 20 Apr 2017, 10:52

JT99 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:JT--what's your disagreement with Any Given Sunday? Rated too high or low?

Too high; jumbled piece of garbage with spastic quick cuts that make it nearly unwatchable.

It's whatever on the Diaz front but the movie is shit. I saw it a while back on HBO and it was not good. I saw it when it first came out and I liked it but then again I was like 15.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 20 Apr 2017, 10:54

Jew Jitsu wrote:
JT99 wrote:

It's whatever on the Diaz front but the movie is shit. I saw it a while back on HBO and it was not good. I saw it when it first came out and I liked it but then again I was like 15.

UEM can be my movie reviewer, as that hits the low marks of the movie. Cameron Diaz does look good with long hair doe.

I remember being excited to watch this movie in the theater and I thought it was awful and I had a little motion sickness.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Jew Jitsu » 20 Apr 2017, 11:07

I don't get the criticism of Cameron Diaz, she's in the movie in like four scenes tops and one of them involves huge black dongs. How bad could she possibly be?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 Apr 2017, 13:05

if someone said to you, "oliver stone doing a movie about the nfl," would you think that was a good idea? i wouldn't. i thought the movie blew goats.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Apr 2017, 13:08

Rodney Farva wrote:if someone said to you, "oliver stone doing a movie about the nfl," would you think that was a good idea? i wouldn't. i thought the movie blew goats.

He was godawful as the announcer btw.

The movie was fine--nothing spectacular but a decent way to waste a couple hours.

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Apr 2017, 13:12

CourtesyFlush wrote:The movie was fine--nothing spectacular but a decent way to waste a couple hours.

Fuck all this.

Did you join the Mile High Club or what?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby CourtesyFlush » 20 Apr 2017, 13:37

Gregs Kite wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:The movie was fine--nothing spectacular but a decent way to waste a couple hours.

Fuck all this.

Did you join the Mile High Club or what?

:lol:

CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Movies