Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby chrisco » 10 Apr 2017, 09:58

I just caught Rogue One. Tough run for Imperial defense contracting, but a good movie. I'm enjoying the grittier style of the new movies.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby chrisco » 10 Apr 2017, 12:21

Double posting because it looks like no one else is watching multiple movies this afternoon.

I seen that McConaughey movie called Gold about the Bre-X mining scandal. I made a rare posting in upcoming movies about this movie, never realized it hit theaters, and now it's on Delta so that's promising.

Anyway decent telling of the story, but it's a Saturday afternoon with nothing else on movie. The true story here is so over the top that it carries the by the numbers production. I'm going to recommend this to 31 as a good selection on the fire stick.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 10 Apr 2017, 12:52

chrisco wrote:Double posting because it looks like no one else is watching multiple movies this afternoon.

I seen that McConaughey movie called Gold about the Bre-X mining scandal. I made a rare posting in upcoming movies about this movie, never realized it hit theaters, and now it's on Delta so that's promising.

Anyway decent telling of the story, but it's a Saturday afternoon with nothing else on movie. The true story here is so over the top that it carries the by the numbers production. I'm going to recommend this to 31 as a good selection on the fire stick.

The fire stick is what I call my...eh, why do I even.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 10 Apr 2017, 13:23

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:Double posting because it looks like no one else is watching multiple movies this afternoon.

The fire stick is what I call my...eh, why do I even.

...is what cheesette calls....
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 10 Apr 2017, 13:31

LMBO that never hit the theaters? MM was on Stern last year promoting it, and I thought it sounded shitty.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mj3528 » 10 Apr 2017, 13:41

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:LMBO that never hit the theaters? MM was on Stern last year promoting it, and I thought it sounded shitty.

I saw commercials for it and it sounded good, but it was in and out of theatres so not a good sign.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Apr 2017, 10:19

The boy got a movie as a gift at his birthday party. So, yesterday afternoon i was treated to a private showing of the epic film "Monster Trucks." I believe this is the one where the concept was developed by a big time producer's small child and they spent $125 million making it. it's pretty terrible. I will give you the highlights:

-watching barry pepper try to 'serious actor' as the step-dad sheriff who is suspicious of the big oil company and trying to protect his standoffish step son.
-Jane Levy is in her twenties and has already been divorced once, so even though she is playing a high school girl in this movie i do not feel bad about wanting to plow her

-the guy who always plays an asshole special forces dude plays an asshole special forces dude

that's about it. my kid loves it obviously so i'll have to watch it 1000 more times.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 17 Apr 2017, 10:32

I love Jane Levy. Based on the SOTSG shoutbox discussion from last week, she might crack my top 5 of actresses I've never seen naked who I would enjoy seeing naked. (AINSNWIWESN)
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Apr 2017, 12:45

I came across A Bronx Tale on Friday evening on TV. I had never seen it. I watched it. It was pretty good. It was essentially a less drawn-out, more succinct version of Goodfellas. I liked ABT better than G. It was kinda weird seeing De Niro as the straight laced guy.

The thing that bothers me about these gangster movies is that they fucking feel the extreme need to overdo it with the soundtrack. They make you feel like youre really there! We get it. Knock it off.

I give it 3.5/5. Would rec.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 18 Apr 2017, 13:36

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I came across A Bronx Tale on Friday evening on TV. I had never seen it. I watched it. It was pretty good. It was essentially a less drawn-out, more succinct version of Goodfellas. I liked ABT better than G. It was kinda weird seeing De Niro as the straight laced guy.

The thing that bothers me about these gangster movies is that they fucking feel the extreme need to overdo it with the soundtrack. They make you feel like youre really there! We get it. Knock it off.

I am glad you enjoyed my recommendation to you. I watched a film last even called.....shit, i can't remember. it had the fat kid from superbad, sarah marshall etc, and another dude. They played arms runners for the US gov't. It was on hbo. It was decent. I don't really have anything else to say about it really. Flaccid rec.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Briandong79 » 18 Apr 2017, 13:37

ctz31 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I came across A Bronx Tale on Friday evening on TV. I had never seen it. I watched it. It was pretty good. It was essentially a less drawn-out, more succinct version of Goodfellas. I liked ABT better than G. It was kinda weird seeing De Niro as the straight laced guy.

I am glad you enjoyed my recommendation to you. I watched a film last even called.....shit, i can't remember. it had the fat kid from superbad, sarah marshall etc, and another dude. They played arms runners for the US gov't. It was on hbo. It was decent. I don't really have anything else to say about it really. Flaccid rec.

War Dogs. The piece it's based off of was in Rolling Stone and was really good. Thank you for the review.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Goose » 18 Apr 2017, 14:14

Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

War Dogs. The piece it's based off of was in Rolling Stone and was really good. Thank you for the review.

I saw this several months ago and may have even reviewed it a few pages back, but who's going to bother to look. Jonah Hill was good, the second lead kid was terrible and the girl who wasn't Sarah Marshall (I don't think Sarah Marshall was in it) was pretty smoking.

It was a pretty good film that I probably would never watch again.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
OG's sponsor

Postby ctz31 » 18 Apr 2017, 14:20

Goose wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

I saw this several months ago and may have even reviewed it a few pages back, but who's going to bother to look. Jonah Hill was good, the second lead kid was terrible and the girl who wasn't Sarah Marshall (I don't think Sarah Marshall was in it) was pretty smoking.

Yes, i was mentally prepared to mention the hot chick in my review but whiffed on it.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 18 Apr 2017, 14:35

Gooses posts need a warning label.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby chrisco » 18 Apr 2017, 16:08

ctz31 wrote:
Goose wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

Yes, i was mentally prepared to mention the hot chick in my review but whiffed on it.

I prolly posted a review of this flick in between 3 other plane films. I was a fan of said film, bigger fan of posted girl. Its about time Jonah Hill carried a film.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Movies