Documentary Thread

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Mar 2017, 14:21

Does this gloss over what a shitbag he was off stage like every other major media outlet the last two day?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 20 Mar 2017, 14:22

Gregs Kite wrote:Does this gloss over what a shitbag he was off stage like every other major media outlet the last two day?

People tend to not speak ill of the dead until the body is cold.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 20 Mar 2017, 14:24

It's probably cold now. Carry on, Kite.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Mar 2017, 14:38

No, you come out of it feeling like he was not that great of a man. It mentions his legal problems up to that point, and how he screwed over Johnnie Johnson. He gets testy with the filmmaker (who he hired to make the film).

But goddamn is the music great!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 20 Mar 2017, 14:40

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No, you come out of it feeling like he was not that great of a man. It mentions his legal problems up to that point, and how he screwed over Johnnie Johnson. He gets testy with the filmmaker (who he hired to make the film).

I mean, if you're a music fan and you didn't know that Chuck Berry was a tight-fisted perfectionist asshole and a sex offender, you'll probably find out in the next two weeks. Doesn't mean that we shouldn't spend a couple days understanding his place in the history of rock and roll.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Mar 2017, 14:44

the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No, you come out of it feeling like he was not that great of a man. It mentions his legal problems up to that point, and how he screwed over Johnnie Johnson. He gets testy with the filmmaker (who he hired to make the film).

I mean, if you're a music fan and you didn't know that Chuck Berry was a tight-fisted perfectionist asshole and a sex offender, you'll probably find out in the next two weeks. Doesn't mean that we shouldn't spend a couple days understanding his place in the history of rock and roll.

I can almost literally buy this sort of post from anyone on the planet...

Except you. No offense.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Mar 2017, 14:44

johnny b goode is on voyager, which is cool.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Mar 2017, 14:47

Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 20 Mar 2017, 14:48

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

Two Mt. Rushmores, then? Impressive.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Mar 2017, 14:48

MisterTambourineMan wrote:He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.

Marvin framed him.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 20 Mar 2017, 14:49

Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:

I can almost literally buy this sort of post from anyone on the planet...

Except you. No offense.

Hey, if you came here to read my honest thoughts on the matter, and engage in a thoughtful discussion about historical figures and the multiple levels upon which they exist in popular culture, you've got another thing coming. That's not what I do here. It's boring to me. If you, gregs kite, try to be a turd in a punch bowl, I'm going to disagree with you no matter your position. That's fun to me. I have fun.

Unless you're talking about children's television or grocery shopping, in which case I'm going to play it as it lays.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Mar 2017, 14:53

TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

The Mt. Rushmore of musical sexual deviants, hmmm.....Gary Glitter, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, annnnnnnnnd I guess you gotta go Jerry Lee Lewis there. But is it bad if you consensually marry your 13 year old cousin? Yes, yes it is.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Mar 2017, 15:02

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

The Mt. Rushmore of musical sexual deviants, hmmm.....Gary Glitter, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, annnnnnnnnd I guess you gotta go Jerry Lee Lewis there. But is it bad if you consensually marry your 13 year old cousin? Yes, yes it is.

Glitter and MJ are locks but i feel like we can do better than both Lewis and Berry if we're including musicians as "famous" as Gary Glitter in this. that casts a really wide net.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 20 Mar 2017, 15:59

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Glitter and MJ are locks but i feel like we can do better than both Lewis and Berry if we're including musicians as "famous" as Gary Glitter in this. that casts a really wide net.

Which member of Blind Faith are you crediting for putting a topless teen holding a dildo shaped jet on the cover of their album?
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mister bacon » 21 Mar 2017, 00:43

chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

Which member of Blind Faith are you crediting for putting a topless teen holding a dildo shaped jet on the cover of their album?

R Kelly gotta be in there imo
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Movies