Documentary Thread

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Mar 2017, 14:21

Does this gloss over what a shitbag he was off stage like every other major media outlet the last two day?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22069
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby the cheese » 20 Mar 2017, 14:22

Gregs Kite wrote:Does this gloss over what a shitbag he was off stage like every other major media outlet the last two day?


People tend to not speak ill of the dead until the body is cold.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17678
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby TheWolf » 20 Mar 2017, 14:24

It's probably cold now. Carry on, Kite.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 17135
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 20 Mar 2017, 14:38

No, you come out of it feeling like he was not that great of a man. It mentions his legal problems up to that point, and how he screwed over Johnnie Johnson. He gets testy with the filmmaker (who he hired to make the film).

But goddamn is the music great!
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17951
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby the cheese » 20 Mar 2017, 14:40

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No, you come out of it feeling like he was not that great of a man. It mentions his legal problems up to that point, and how he screwed over Johnnie Johnson. He gets testy with the filmmaker (who he hired to make the film).

But goddamn is the music great!



I mean, if you're a music fan and you didn't know that Chuck Berry was a tight-fisted perfectionist asshole and a sex offender, you'll probably find out in the next two weeks. Doesn't mean that we shouldn't spend a couple days understanding his place in the history of rock and roll.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17678
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Mar 2017, 14:44

the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No, you come out of it feeling like he was not that great of a man. It mentions his legal problems up to that point, and how he screwed over Johnnie Johnson. He gets testy with the filmmaker (who he hired to make the film).

But goddamn is the music great!



I mean, if you're a music fan and you didn't know that Chuck Berry was a tight-fisted perfectionist asshole and a sex offender, you'll probably find out in the next two weeks. Doesn't mean that we shouldn't spend a couple days understanding his place in the history of rock and roll.


I can almost literally buy this sort of post from anyone on the planet...

Except you. No offense.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22069
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Mar 2017, 14:44

johnny b goode is on voyager, which is cool.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29067
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Mar 2017, 14:47

Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12076
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby TheWolf » 20 Mar 2017, 14:48

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.


Two Mt. Rushmores, then? Impressive.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 17135
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Mar 2017, 14:48

MisterTambourineMan wrote:He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.


Marvin framed him.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30267
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby the cheese » 20 Mar 2017, 14:49

Gregs Kite wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No, you come out of it feeling like he was not that great of a man. It mentions his legal problems up to that point, and how he screwed over Johnnie Johnson. He gets testy with the filmmaker (who he hired to make the film).

But goddamn is the music great!



I mean, if you're a music fan and you didn't know that Chuck Berry was a tight-fisted perfectionist asshole and a sex offender, you'll probably find out in the next two weeks. Doesn't mean that we shouldn't spend a couple days understanding his place in the history of rock and roll.


I can almost literally buy this sort of post from anyone on the planet...

Except you. No offense.


Hey, if you came here to read my honest thoughts on the matter, and engage in a thoughtful discussion about historical figures and the multiple levels upon which they exist in popular culture, you've got another thing coming. That's not what I do here. It's boring to me. If you, gregs kite, try to be a turd in a punch bowl, I'm going to disagree with you no matter your position. That's fun to me. I have fun.

Unless you're talking about children's television or grocery shopping, in which case I'm going to play it as it lays.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17678
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Mar 2017, 14:53

TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.


Two Mt. Rushmores, then? Impressive.


The Mt. Rushmore of musical sexual deviants, hmmm.....Gary Glitter, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, annnnnnnnnd I guess you gotta go Jerry Lee Lewis there. But is it bad if you consensually marry your 13 year old cousin? Yes, yes it is.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12076
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby SouthernYokel » 20 Mar 2017, 15:02

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.


Two Mt. Rushmores, then? Impressive.


The Mt. Rushmore of musical sexual deviants, hmmm.....Gary Glitter, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, annnnnnnnnd I guess you gotta go Jerry Lee Lewis there. But is it bad if you consensually marry your 13 year old cousin? Yes, yes it is.


Glitter and MJ are locks but i feel like we can do better than both Lewis and Berry if we're including musicians as "famous" as Gary Glitter in this. that casts a really wide net.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29067
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby chrisco » 20 Mar 2017, 15:59

SouthernYokel wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.


Two Mt. Rushmores, then? Impressive.


The Mt. Rushmore of musical sexual deviants, hmmm.....Gary Glitter, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, annnnnnnnnd I guess you gotta go Jerry Lee Lewis there. But is it bad if you consensually marry your 13 year old cousin? Yes, yes it is.


Glitter and MJ are locks but i feel like we can do better than both Lewis and Berry if we're including musicians as "famous" as Gary Glitter in this. that casts a really wide net.

Which member of Blind Faith are you crediting for putting a topless teen holding a dildo shaped jet on the cover of their album?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 11563
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby mister bacon » 21 Mar 2017, 00:43

chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Along with Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, and Buddy Holly, Chuck is on the Mt. Rushmore of Rock'n'Roll forefathers.

He's also an unparalleled sexual deviant.


Two Mt. Rushmores, then? Impressive.


The Mt. Rushmore of musical sexual deviants, hmmm.....Gary Glitter, Michael Jackson, Chuck Berry, annnnnnnnnd I guess you gotta go Jerry Lee Lewis there. But is it bad if you consensually marry your 13 year old cousin? Yes, yes it is.


Glitter and MJ are locks but i feel like we can do better than both Lewis and Berry if we're including musicians as "famous" as Gary Glitter in this. that casts a really wide net.

Which member of Blind Faith are you crediting for putting a topless teen holding a dildo shaped jet on the cover of their album?


R Kelly gotta be in there imo
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25563
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest