"You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: "You're Only As Good As Your Dumbest Kid" - Parenting

Postby nerf66 » 06 Feb 2017, 11:05

Goose wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Theny wrote:My 5 year old puked on me today. Luckily it was only once. And only the second time she's ever vomited. #ironstomachs

My 2 year old puked all over me last week. It caught me so off guard that I almost dropped him. Then that night he puked in his bed 3 times. Fun stuff.

My 2 year old did that a couple weeks ago, I literally tossed him off me. Onto the couch. Which he then puked on and that was a bitch to get cleaned up. Moral of the story: should have just kept getting puked on.

My wife's always into that. "when a kid starts puking, don't run with him. You just end up with a trail of puke to clean."

All three of my kids went through a puking run over the last week: the oldest threw up Tuesday night and a couple of times on Wed and Thursday. The youngest kid did Wednesday night through Friday and the middle kid did Thursday night and Friday. They all had fevers and missed a bunch of school. I didn't get sick, but did manage to get woken up each of those nights (my wife is a much deeper sleeper than I am) by puking, crying kids. Luckily they all made it to the toilet so no post-puke cleanup to be done.

All you fuckers get flu shots or no?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby TVF wannabe » 06 Feb 2017, 11:10

nerf66 wrote:
Goose wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Theny wrote:My 5 year old puked on me today. Luckily it was only once. And only the second time she's ever vomited. #ironstomachs

My 2 year old puked all over me last week. It caught me so off guard that I almost dropped him. Then that night he puked in his bed 3 times. Fun stuff.

My 2 year old did that a couple weeks ago, I literally tossed him off me. Onto the couch. Which he then puked on and that was a bitch to get cleaned up. Moral of the story: should have just kept getting puked on.

My wife's always into that. "when a kid starts puking, don't run with him. You just end up with a trail of puke to clean."

All three of my kids went through a puking run over the last week: the oldest threw up Tuesday night and a couple of times on Wed and Thursday. The youngest kid did Wednesday night through Friday and the middle kid did Thursday night and Friday. They all had fevers and missed a bunch of school. I didn't get sick, but did manage to get woken up each of those nights (my wife is a much deeper sleeper than I am) by puking, crying kids. Luckily they all made it to the toilet so no post-puke cleanup to be done.

My kids did, I didn't this year.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Goose » 06 Feb 2017, 11:50

TVF wannabe wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
Goose wrote:
TVF wannabe wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

My kids did, I didn't this year.

I did. My kids and wife did not.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Magnum » 06 Feb 2017, 15:47

There's a nasty norovirus thing going around. My white and I both had it in December and we had flu shots. Ok.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Theny » 06 Feb 2017, 16:36

Magnum wrote:There's a nasty norovirus thing going around. My white and I both had it in December and we had flu shots. Ok.

There's a nasty novavirus circulating our nations capital. :corn:
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Rodney Farva » 10 Feb 2017, 22:44

first day of varsity tournament went well. my daughter played good D and rebounded well, made a few shots. her team is out of its depth and could have been shut out in first game but other coach was humane and stopped press after first quarter. second game they were within 4 at half and lost by 15 which is probably high end of expectations. boys' tournament being ruined by one douchebag coach who is out of control.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby babylurch » 10 Feb 2017, 22:52

Rodney Farva wrote:first day of varsity tournament went well. my daughter played good D and rebounded well, made a few shots. her team is out of its depth and could have been shut out in first game but other coach was humane and stopped press after first quarter. second game they were within 4 at half and lost by 15 which is probably high end of expectations. boys' tournament being ruined by one douchebag coach who is out of control.

Glad to hear that the girl's tourney is going well. Not so happy to hear about d-bag coach. Doesn't take much, unfortunately.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Feb 2017, 12:11

day two. first game of the day was the best i've seen our girls play since we've been here. stayed tight with the #2 team in the league, ended up losing by 8. my daughter played pretty well, scored 6, all within about a minute early in 4th quarter. second game was against the top team in the league and it was pretty ugly. clearly both coaches knew the outcome ahead of time, and at the end of day 2 with the playoff round the next day they were clearly trying to get it over as soon as possible. other team mostly played their bench, neither coach used a time out the entire game. two of our starters didn't play because they weren't feeling well, for a while it looked like we would score only 4 points. ended up 50-11. i don't think my daughter scored. she got a lot more minutes than she's used to and was pretty gassed early.

big concerns heading into the day on the boys' side since today it was their turn in our secondary gym which has a narrower court than regulation and very little space along the baselines and almost none on the sidelines. to give you an idea, this is one sideline, the other sideline is even tighter:

between the asshole coaches, a very physical level of play and officials who don't want to call the games tight, we were all worried about what would happen. i spent part of the game with the worst asshole coaches against a team that is super athletic and constantly runs, and it was a bit nasty. the athletic team's point guard, who is really good but sometimes throws his body around out of control, got ridden out of bounds on a layup and ended up having to go to the hospital for stitches with a deep cut on the inside of his lip and another on his gums. the asshole coach tried to control himself by having his assistant standing instead of him (only one coach allowed to stand and to talk to refs under FIBA rules), but soon couldn't control himself and the two of them were up screaming the whole time but the refs are too timid to warn them or T them up. the other site coordinator had to go sit next to a couple parents from the athletic team who were out for the ref's blood. they were riding the ref and he smiled at them when they heckled him, which they (being of arabic extraction) took as great disrespect, while for indians it's how they avoid being confronted as a precursor to the head bobbing. the athletic team had a couple of breakaway dunks which for our (mostly white) conference is a treat. i had to leave before the half to go back to the girls' games, but apparently the asshole coaches' team won in OT, probably because the point guard was missing. i'm pretty sure they got through the day up there without any other injuries or kerfuffles. anyhoo, third and final day tomorrow.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 Feb 2017, 11:46

final day. daughter's team played once and blown out, they couldn't break the press and just had nothing. the refs were awful today, particularly when operating the clocks and scoreboard, and one of them told a coach he was making the calls he made because the game was a blowout (not my daughter's game). but thankfully no blowups. the asshole coach in the boys' tourney and his assistant coach each got Ted up in the same game after which they behaved better. talked with him later about other stuff and seems to be a nice guy when not coaching, which happens sometimes. season done, banquet on friday night, softball season starts with tryouts next weekend.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2017, 11:00

I don't like being on my kids preschool mailing list. Right now we are dealing with a rash of missing sweaters. There have been two already this week!
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 14 Feb 2017, 11:04

chrisco wrote:I don't like being on my kids preschool mailing list. Right now we are dealing with a rash of missing sweaters. There have been two already this week!

Have you checked the old Irish guy's closet?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2017, 11:05

TheWolf wrote:
chrisco wrote:I don't like being on my kids preschool mailing list. Right now we are dealing with a rash of missing sweaters. There have been two already this week!

My kid can manage his sweaters. Gloves and hats are a different story, but give that kid a hoodie and he'll possess the shit out of it.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 Feb 2017, 11:06

TheWolf wrote:

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 14 Feb 2017, 15:42

"Please keep an eye out for black snow-pants with reflectors, the clothing label says YYYY."
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 21 Feb 2017, 11:17

new school athletic season is underway, leading up to tournaments in mid april. to my pleasant surprise, my son made the varsity baseball team. will have to see if he makes the cut for the travel team for their tournament, but have to expect they wouldn't have taken him as a 9th grader unless they knew he'll get playing time. the AD was pushing for him to end up on JV so that team would have some talent, so if he made the varsity cut it has to be the coaches are planning to use him. he's got a really live arm and is trying pitching for the first time, don't know if he'll end up doing that or not. needs a lot of work as a hitter. i'm just glad he made it because he'll get the coaching he needs, the varsity head coach is very experienced and his assistant should be good. the guys coaching JV don't do any coaching at all and the kids on that team always end up goofing around and fucking up. only disappointment for me is the softball and baseball tournaments happen together, so i'll miss him because i'll be coaching softball at the jv tournament in dubai at the same time he is playing varsity baseball and his sister plays varsity softball in doha. mrs farv will go watch them.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.