Now We Can Die In Peace?

The Boston Red Sox

Postby Magnum » 27 Apr 2005, 09:58

thedudeabides wrote:It's getting a little dusty in here.....

oh just die already!
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby thedudeabides » 27 Apr 2005, 11:01

Magnum wrote:
thedudeabides wrote:It's getting a little dusty in here.....

oh just die already!

No, I was sweeping my cabin and it really was getting a little dusty and I was coughing and stuff..... I'm not much of a house keeper
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor

Postby TheWolf » 04 May 2005, 14:37

I really gotta talk to the bosses and see about getting a new cleaning crew in this place. They just can't seem to get rid of the dust at all.

I think my World Series experience was exactly the same as TB's. I had completely spent all my energy during/after the ALCS, and I was almost just on cruise control through the first three games of the World Seires. All of a sudden I was back in Boston and the Red Sox were one game away from sweeping the World Series, and I felt like I was still waiting for the announcement that Game 7 of the ALCS didn't really count and they had to do the whole thing over again. But there we were, watching Game 4 of the World Series, and we were counting down the outs toward something we'd all waited our whole lives for. I know it wasn't nearly as long as a lot of Sox fans have waited, but I feel like I've been through enough of it. And then it happened. We all stood and watched that final out and held our breath, not believing it could possibly be happening. We just stood there in stunned silence watching Foulke toss that ball to first, and then we went nuts. In the next half hour, I called every Sox fan I could think of, just babbling incoherently and crying like a little girl. Next thing I knew, we had sprinted a half mile to Kenmore Square, and I was jumping up and down screaming, hugging people I'd never seen before in my life. I don't even remember going there; it's all just a blur, but it was the most amazing thing that's ever happened. Looking back now, it still feels like a dream sometimes. No, better than a dream. Even in my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined such an amazing situation. It was just perfect. The Red Sox won the World Series. And since then, that one sentence has basically become something to live by. When something upsets me, I remind myself that the Red Sox won the World Series, and I can't help but smile. I think I speak for all of us when I say that moment changed our lives. So yes, now we really can die in peace.[/i]
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Magnum » 04 May 2005, 14:53

did i watch game 4 with you Wolf? Were you at Clarkes? All I remember was going there, then to Hong Kong, which was a bad idea...damn scorpion bowls.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby TheWolf » 04 May 2005, 15:02

We tried to go to Clarke's and they didn't let us in cause it was too full. I ended up going back to Matt Baker's apartment. I would rather have been with you guys, and I'm still absolutely amazed that I watched the Red Sox win the World Series and I wasn't with Youmatz. But at the same time, I'm glad I watched it at someone's apartment instead of in a bar.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Magnum » 04 May 2005, 15:38

oh yeah, i remember. i thought you went to another bar with foster. but you probably wanted to go bang gay pat stone at baker's.
Magnum
Better Than You

Re: Now We Can Die In Peace?

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 04 Mar 2014, 13:37

Saw a "04 Sox" license plate on the way to work today. Minnesota plates of course.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Theny » 04 Mar 2014, 19:12

Nice post by the wolf up there.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 05 Mar 2014, 08:04

Theny wrote:Nice post by the wolf up there.

You mean this?

In the next half hour, I called every Sox fan I could think of, just babbling incoherently and crying like a little girl. Next thing I knew, we had sprinted a half mile to Kenmore Square, and I was jumping up and down screaming, hugging people I'd never seen before in my life. I don't even remember going there; it's all just a blur, but it was the most amazing thing that's ever happened. Looking back now, it still feels like a dream sometimes. No, better than a dream. Even in my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined such an amazing situation. It was just perfect. The Red Sox won the World Series. And since then, that one sentence has basically become something to live by. When something upsets me, I remind myself that the Red Sox won the World Series, and I can't help but smile. I think I speak for all of us when I say that moment changed our lives.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Prez » 05 Mar 2014, 08:27

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Theny wrote:Nice post by the wolf up there.

You mean this?

In the next half hour, I called every Sox fan I could think of, just babbling incoherently and crying like a little girl. Next thing I knew, we had sprinted a half mile to Kenmore Square, and I was jumping up and down screaming, hugging people I'd never seen before in my life. I don't even remember going there; it's all just a blur, but it was the most amazing thing that's ever happened. Looking back now, it still feels like a dream sometimes. No, better than a dream. Even in my wildest dreams, I couldn't have imagined such an amazing situation. It was just perfect. The Red Sox won the World Series. And since then, that one sentence has basically become something to live by. When something upsets me, I remind myself that the Red Sox won the World Series, and I can't help but smile. I think I speak for all of us when I say that moment changed our lives.

Wow. that might be the :gay: est thing I've ever read on this site, and that's saying something. I'm happy that this thread occurred during my hiatus of the early days of sotsg and I wasn't a participant.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Mar 2014, 08:31

You mean this?

Is it a gay ass post? Yeah, maybe. I didn't cry but I was shitfaced, hugging randos and babbling incoherently. Sorry, but I am not sorry. Also given the direction of the board it might not be top five for the month.

I'm trying to think of which son might have the gayest post if their team ever won a title. Originally I had NBA Theny in there but that would require him actually making a post that says something.

Top Five Potential Gay Title Posts:

HM DTF- Ny Jets/Knicks: Fruitiest snark this side of Johnny Weir doing the Oscar's red carpet.

5. Bacon- Steelers/Pacers/Angels/Man U/Seattle Storm: I know, I know, casting a wide net here. But it has some pretty good potential for preening, "told you so's" and possible racial harmony. jk
4. Jitz- Browns: Let's be honest, this is never going to happen. But Jitz has been known to have the emotions of a 13 year old chick, so its fun to imagine.
3. PJ- Eagles: I don't think this one will be gay in a celebratory sense, it will be more of an angry, slobbering EFF YOU to Boston, the city and the poster.
2. Donger- Cubs: This is one I want just as a baseball fan. And then to see Johnny Five emote a little bit? I'm in. Dude will be Ticking the shit out of this place.
1. Longwind- Redskins: Peter North-esque Fountain explosion. Will make Gregggggggg seem like an airplane pamphlet.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Mar 2014, 10:02

Redskins have won Super Bowls in my lifetime, one I still vividly remember. Virginia Tech winning a title... that might cause such an unrelenting outpouring of :gay: . Either way, would mainly just consist of "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" and

mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 05 Mar 2014, 10:04

I guarantee you I will cry if the Cubs win the World Series. No question whatsoever in my mind :gay:
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 05 Mar 2014, 10:22

Briandong79 wrote:I guarantee you I will cry if the Cubs win the World Series. No question whatsoever in my mind :gay:

I'll have a good "Now I Can Die In Peace" moment if the Tribe wins the Series. None of you will want to visit the Indians thread for quite some time if it were to happen.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mj3528 » 05 Mar 2014, 10:24

JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I guarantee you I will cry if the Cubs win the World Series. No question whatsoever in my mind :gay:

I'll have a good "Now I Can Die In Peace" moment if the Tribe wins the Series. None of you will want to visit the Indians thread for quite some time if it were to happen.

I would meet you there UEM.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Just another team.