World Baseball Classic

Re: World Baseball Classic

Postby Prez » 23 Mar 2009, 06:48

Frank the Tank wrote:Did anyone watch last night's semi-final? I can hardly wait to see the ratings for that one. I can't imagine they're any good.

I watched a few innings. It's hard to believe that the US lineup was the best we could put on the field, There wasn't a real firstbaseman on the roster after the injuries.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Colonel Angus » 23 Mar 2009, 08:17

Prez wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:Did anyone watch last night's semi-final? I can hardly wait to see the ratings for that one. I can't imagine they're any good.

I watched a few innings. It's hard to believe that the US lineup was the best we could put on the field, There wasn't a real firstbaseman on the roster after the injuries.

It wasn't the best lineup we could field, which is why nobody was interested in the WBC. I don't see how they can have this thing every year. Maybe if it were every 4 years like the World Cup, it would seem like enough of a novelty that players would be more interested in playing in it. But there's really no good time of year to have it unless MLB wanted to fully embrace the thing and shut down for a couple of weeks mid-season like the NHL does for the Winter Olympics. Even then, some teams wouldn't want their players playing in it for fear of injury.

ETA: Pretty entertaining take on last night's game here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Mar 2009, 09:38

Colonel Angus wrote:
Prez wrote:

It wasn't the best lineup we could field, which is why nobody was interested in the WBC. I don't see how they can have this thing every year. Maybe if it were every 4 years like the World Cup, it would seem like enough of a novelty that players would be more interested in playing in it. But there's really no good time of year to have it unless MLB wanted to fully embrace the thing and shut down for a couple of weeks mid-season like the NHL does for the Winter Olympics. Even then, some teams wouldn't want their players playing in it for fear of injury.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They don't have it every year. The first one was in 2006. This is the 2nd one.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Colonel Angus » 23 Mar 2009, 09:39

Briandean79 wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Prez wrote:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They don't have it every year. The first one was in 2006. This is the 2nd one.

Shows what I know. No wonder I couldn't remember who won it last year.

I still feel like they have it too often.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 23 Mar 2009, 09:58

It has to be after the season, not before. And just play it with minor leaguers.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby bosux » 23 Mar 2009, 10:28

MisterTambourineMan wrote:It has to be after the season, not before. And just play it with minor leaguers.

yes and yes...we should still be able to whip those candy ass foreigners if we field the AAA all star team

SHELLY DUNCAN FTW!
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 23 Mar 2009, 15:56

Make it like the Champions League. Whichever teams win their respective league titles battle it out for supremecy. Hell, invite the minor league champs, too.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby someguysomewhere » 23 Mar 2009, 18:37

Frank the Tank wrote:You can really tell this is a non-event when the U.S. getting mercy-ruled by Puerto Rico doesn't spur a single post.

That was awesome. The bus rider dragged me to a family wedding that day, so I watched that game with her Dad, brother, and uncles. Suffice it to say that seeing the USA get the mercy rule was very popular with that crowd.

:beav:
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby bosux » 24 Mar 2009, 09:41

someguysomewhere wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:You can really tell this is a non-event when the U.S. getting mercy-ruled by Puerto Rico doesn't spur a single post.

That was awesome. The bus rider dragged me to a family wedding that day, so I watched that game with her Dad, brother, and uncles. Suffice it to say that seeing the USA get the mercy rule was very popular with that crowd.

:beav:

USA:world::Yankees:baseball

which would make the rest of the world a bunch of whiny, jealous losers \:D/
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Mar 2017, 14:20

Found this thread looking for a minor league thread and came across this post. My how the times have changed.

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Previous

Return to MLB