Olympics

Olympics

Postby Magnum » 09 Feb 2006, 13:43

Thought this deserved a thread. Looking forward to them. Go USA!
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Feb 2006, 13:46

I only know Bode Miller, Shaun White, and Apolho Ohno from the US. I have no idea who we have in the olympics other than them (and Michelle Kwan, but who gives a fuck about skating?).
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 09 Feb 2006, 13:53

SouthernYokel wrote: but who gives a fuck about skating?).

According to FTT, chicks do. They'll even skip Lost to watch it.

As for the Olympics themselves, meh, don't care really. I'm sure our athletes will kick ass. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to download Whitney's National Anthem onto my IPod.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Magnum » 09 Feb 2006, 13:57

Theny wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to download Whitney's National Anthem onto my IPod.

i wish she would sing it when the USA athletes win gold medals.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 09 Feb 2006, 13:59

Magnum wrote:
Theny wrote:Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to download Whitney's National Anthem onto my IPod.

If they tell her that they are taking her to Italy and there will be white powder as far as the eye can see, she'll do it.
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Feb 2006, 13:59

Magnum wrote:

Good god, that would make the olympics 3 months long.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 09 Feb 2006, 13:59

Magnum wrote:

Me too, me too.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 Feb 2006, 13:59

I am excited - right now - about Olympic hockey. But I was also excited about the NHL coming back (and I have the top-ranked team in the SOTSG fantasy hockey league) and I have yet to watch more than 5 minutes of an NHL game this season. So despite my current "excitement" it is entirely possible, maybe even probable, that I don't watch a single game in the Olympics.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Ulysses Everett McGill » 09 Feb 2006, 14:01

I will watch more Olympic hockey than NHL because I think that the larger ice surface makes for better play
FRSB

[Mon 2:08] Dick Hertz: it's also called - "ringing the cowbell". ask tiff about it.
Ulysses Everett McGill
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Feb 2006, 14:01

Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:I will watch more Olympic hockey than NHL because I think that the larger ice surface makes for better play

Many, many more open looks at the net. That is always better.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Last Jet Fan » 10 Feb 2006, 11:54

SouthernYokel wrote:
Ulysses Everett McGill wrote:I will watch more Olympic hockey than NHL because I think that the larger ice surface makes for better play

Many, many more open looks at the net. That is always better.

I think that hockey all around would be a much more awesome sport if they further reduced the padding the goalies can wear and more importantly increased the goal size. Even an inch on each side and three or more on top would create a lot more scores! More scoring up top, and who doesn?t enjoy watching that?!
The Last Jet Fan
Farva's Driver

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Feb 2006, 13:11

The Last Jet Fan wrote:More scoring up top, and who doesn?t enjoy watching that?!

Careful, Tiff might get an inferiority complex about that.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby bosux » 10 Feb 2006, 13:58

i prefer the winter olympics over summer, but i hate the coverage that borders on idiotic...the radio commercials: "IT'S BODE TIME!!!"...the tv announcers that have no clue: "what he wants to do here is shave some time off his last run"...and the ultra-moronic newspaper and magazine headlines: "APOLLO OH-YES!" "IT'S TIME TO 'TURIN' IT ON!!!"

biathalon rulez...skiing and shooting
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Feb 2006, 14:02

bosux191820042090 wrote:i prefer the winter olympics over summer, but i hate the coverage that borders on idiotic...the radio commercials: "IT'S BODE TIME!!!"...the tv announcers that have no clue: "what he wants to do here is shave some time off his last run"...and the ultra-moronic newspaper and magazine headlines: "APOLLO OH-YES!" "IT'S TIME TO 'TURIN' IT ON!!!"

Isn't this the last olympics with the biathalon?
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby bosux » 10 Feb 2006, 14:09

SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux191820042090 wrote:i prefer the winter olympics over summer, but i hate the coverage that borders on idiotic...the radio commercials: "IT'S BODE TIME!!!"...the tv announcers that have no clue: "what he wants to do here is shave some time off his last run"...and the ultra-moronic newspaper and magazine headlines: "APOLLO OH-YES!" "IT'S TIME TO 'TURIN' IT ON!!!"

Isn't this the last olympics with the biathalon?

dunno...geez, i hope not

i like to bring my .45 when i go skiing and pop off some random shots here and there, so i'll continue the tradition
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Next

Return to Other Sports