Pixies Fans?

Pixies Fans?

Postby Rickey Sez » 17 Nov 2004, 15:55

Any Pixies fans out there?

Rickey is going to see them next week and couldn't be more excited.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby TecmoBo » 17 Nov 2004, 16:06

going to see them in december @hammerstein in NYC-- all pumped up
TecmoBo
Chuggo

Postby Rickey Sez » 17 Nov 2004, 16:17

Nice! So is Rickey going to see them at Hammerstein. Rickey forgets which night, though.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Pixies fan

Postby thedudeabides » 21 Nov 2004, 01:17

thedude very much likes the Pixies. trying to go see them in December in Lowell
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor

Postby Rickey Sez » 21 Nov 2004, 01:38

Rickey might be seeing them in Lowell as well.

Rickey lived in Boston til a few months ago. Rickey's friends are seeing them in Lowell. So might Rickey.

But til then, Rickey will enjoy the Pixies in Toronto. As will Rickey enjoy the semi-favorable exchange rate. They way Rickey figures, he'll get a free drink for every three he buys.

The Rickey also drinks the malt liquor.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Snake » 21 Nov 2004, 02:14

I just heard the Pixies for the first time on the way to a George Clinton concert in SF, that's some good stuff.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby thedudeabides » 21 Nov 2004, 18:41

who listens to the Pixies on the way to a George Clinton Concert? That's gotta be a world record or something......
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor

Postby Rickey Sez » 22 Nov 2004, 00:36

Snake,

Keep listening to the Pixies. If you don't have it already, pick yourself up a copy of Surfer Rosa.

That goes for everybody -- if you don't have Surfer Rosa, go and get it. Everybody should hear that record. Trust Rickey on this one.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby mister bacon » 18 Dec 2004, 22:26

Rickey Sez wrote:Snake,

Keep listening to the Pixies. If you don't have it already, pick yourself up a copy of Surfer Rosa.

That goes for everybody -- if you don't have Surfer Rosa, go and get it. Everybody should hear that record. Trust Rickey on this one.

Saw 'em at Coachella this year.. it was tight like a virgin on prom nite.

PS-- Whatever you do this next year.. buy a ticket and come to Coachella. Hot shit.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rickey Sez » 30 Jan 2005, 02:41

Catching up on some old posts here...

My best friend decided somewhat-last-minute to fly out to Coachella this past year and had a blast.

Of course, this happened right about the time I got laid off from my job at the time, so I figured a sudden impulsive California trip might not be the best idea.

I'm still regretting the fact that I didn't go. I want to be there this year. I'll have to see the lineup, but I'm sure they'll put together an incredible coupla days no matter what.

I guess I should book my flight now.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby fiskyfiskstein » 30 Jan 2005, 05:36

I saw two of the hammerstein shows here in nyc. the first was merely great (sunday night) while the second one that I went to (thurs) was a two-hour long brain orgasm, possibly the best show I've ever seen in my life... and there have been a lot of them. unbelievable.
'hey, if you don't know how to fly a plane, you've got no business doing it' - Ricky Kline, esq. Quoted re: thurman munson during a 'discussion' with a yankee fan.
fiskyfiskstein
Chuggo

Postby mister bacon » 30 Jan 2005, 14:38

Rickey Sez wrote:Catching up on some old posts here...

My best friend decided somewhat-last-minute to fly out to Coachella this past year and had a blast.

Of course, this happened right about the time I got laid off from my job at the time, so I figured a sudden impulsive California trip might not be the best idea.

I'm still regretting the fact that I didn't go. I want to be there this year. I'll have to see the lineup, but I'm sure they'll put together an incredible coupla days no matter what.

I guess I should book my flight now.

Dude. Just book your flight and get your tix.. Its always the shit.. I've discovered stuff I'd NEVER fhave found on my own by wondering around the festival just checking out random stages. Its a shitload of fun..

If you decide to go let me know, I'll meet up with you.
I usually am working some aspect of the event..
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rickey Sez » 31 Jan 2005, 11:00

fiskyfiskstein wrote:I saw two of the hammerstein shows here in nyc. the first was merely great (sunday night) while the second one that I went to (thurs) was a two-hour long brain orgasm, possibly the best show I've ever seen in my life... and there have been a lot of them. unbelievable.

I caught the Tuesday night show at Hammerstein, and got up nice and close. So much rock.

Bacon, I'll let you know if I'm gonna head down to Coachella this year.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby pteaxwa » 23 Feb 2005, 19:09

Didn't expect to see a Pixies thread here!
I love the Pixies, awesome band. Never had a chance to see them live though.
pteaxwa
Hope College Alum

Postby Rodney Farva » 29 Mar 2005, 04:55

Random thoughts about The Pixies, as I seem today to be in a mad race to post boring windy shit on each and every thread:

I saw Frank Black opening solo acoustic years ago for They Might Be Giants. Fantastic set, too short, though I don't think anyone in the audience knew who the hell he was.

I want me a slice of some Kim Deal. Even if she's got some hard mileage on her and can be a bit hygiene-challenged and/or manly.

For years, I thought the title lyric to "Monkey Gone to Heaven" was "This Shit Was Bound to Happen." But then again, I am a dumbass.

BTW, reading this thread makes Farva very sad that Ricky hardly ever Sez in the third person anymore. Farva wishes Ricky would Sez in the third person all the time. Farva apologizes in advance, in case Ricky has covered this topic previously on another thread.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Next

Return to Music