Tupac: Alive?!?!

Tupac: Alive?!?!

Postby jack_daniels » 03 Apr 2005, 00:02

I mean omg, all these years, what a fag. Why would he keep himself in hiding like this, in Columbia no less. Whatever he probably woke up to a nice quaalude everyday, so it's all good.

Who else is as suprised as I am?

http://www.cnnonline.co.nr/tupac.htm
Last edited by jack_daniels on 03 Apr 2005, 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jack_daniels
Turban Legend
 
Posts: 14211
Joined: 20 Nov 2004, 23:13

Postby JohnnyDamon » 03 Apr 2005, 00:05

A: Is this a belated April Fools Joke?

B: If it's not, I have actually heard the Tupac alive rumors for years, ever since that night in Las Vegas...
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
User avatar
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5875
Joined: 06 Jan 2005, 13:01
Location: Oxford-town.

Postby fatty » 03 Apr 2005, 00:14

My guess is it's a farce, cause if you look at all the links on the page, they go to "cnn.com", no "cnnonline.com".

Still, I wouldn't be suprised if it were true.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
User avatar
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3474
Joined: 12 Feb 2005, 01:28
Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby JohnnyDamon » 03 Apr 2005, 00:20

jack, read the very bottom of that page. This is just a stupid April Fools joke.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
User avatar
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5875
Joined: 06 Jan 2005, 13:01
Location: Oxford-town.

Postby jack_daniels » 03 Apr 2005, 00:26

I know :twisted: .

Even IF he were alive, he should've aged even a little bit. Why wouldn't he come out in 03 when it was his 7 year anniversary(7 is a huge conspiracy theory number surrounding his death. 7 days he lived, was in hospital room 43(4+3=7.OMG!), stuff like that).
User avatar
jack_daniels
Turban Legend
 
Posts: 14211
Joined: 20 Nov 2004, 23:13

Postby Rickey Sez » 03 Apr 2005, 01:33

Whatever. I still think Tupac is alive. The man's made more movies dead that alive. He's put out more albums dead than alive.

Shit, I'd die tomorrow if I could have half the career that Dead Tupac has.
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7491
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Postby Big Scary Monster » 03 Apr 2005, 03:54

Do you think Dead Tupac has got the bomb dick?
User avatar
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3845
Joined: 11 Nov 2004, 12:55
Location: interrupting...

Postby Rickey Sez » 03 Apr 2005, 03:59

Big Scary Monster wrote:Do you think Dead Tupac has got the bomb dick?


Ask the worms who are eatin' it.
User avatar
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )
 
Posts: 7491
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 09:25

Postby fatty » 03 Apr 2005, 11:11

Rickey Sez wrote: He's put out more albums dead than alive.


That's always driven me nuts too rickey. Though I did hear a report a couple years ago that he had something like 4 albums worth of unreleased material when he died that they just kept releasing it.

And come on, you KNOW Tupac had the bomb dick! California Love baby!!
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
User avatar
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3474
Joined: 12 Feb 2005, 01:28
Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby jack_daniels » 03 Apr 2005, 15:54

I have to say though, in terms of lyrical content and style, Biggie was better. But Tupac embodied T.H.U.G.L.I.F.E. Everyone loved him and hated him, even if the love and hate had nothing to do with his songs.
User avatar
jack_daniels
Turban Legend
 
Posts: 14211
Joined: 20 Nov 2004, 23:13

Postby Snake » 04 Apr 2005, 02:17

fatty wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote: He's put out more albums dead than alive.


That's always driven me nuts too rickey. Though I did hear a report a couple years ago that he had something like 4 albums worth of unreleased material when he died that they just kept releasing it.

And come on, you KNOW Tupac had the bomb dick! California Love baby!!


He was a smarter guy than people give him credit for. That unreleased music was his insurance policy for his family in case something happened to him.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
User avatar
Snake
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4652
Joined: 15 Nov 2004, 01:58
Location: Bay Area

Postby mister bacon » 04 Apr 2005, 13:19

No it was not. He recorded a lot of songs because he wanted to be released from his Death Row recording contract ASAP.

Following his release from prison, he was a workaholic who often had 3 studios going at one time so he could record all the rhymes he wrote in Prison. When he left prison, he didnt want to go to the liquor store or to a club.. he asked that they take him straight to the studio.

Also, there is not a chance in hell Biggie was better the Tupac. Biggie was a talented lyracist, but the subject of all his music was about the same shit over and over again. Tupac's topics ranged for violent gangsta rap (mostly wrtitten while in prison) politcal topics (Brenda's Got a Baby) to songs about his mama. Biggie didn't have the range that Tupac did. Hell, Biggie only recorded about 2 1/2 albums of actual good music. Ready To Die was a classic, but really Life After Death should have only been one album and some of the crappy songs should have been done away with. Dead Wrong was simply awful.

No where close to the quality of Tupac. And this is without considering all his other artisic pursuits.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 27127
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby mandingo » 04 Apr 2005, 15:03

"But the name that sticks out in my head the most, I keep saying this, is Tony Danza. To me he is the bomb forever. I will be his number one fan forever 'cause when I got his letter I was like, 'Whoa!' I think I was screaming out to everybody, 'Guess who wrote!'"

- Tupac on the letter Tony Danza (?!) wrote him in prison.
[Fri 15:59] Rickey Sez: call me "sex bomb", please.
User avatar
mandingo
Pink Helmet
 
Posts: 464
Joined: 04 Feb 2005, 12:26
Location: Banishing dirt to the land of wind and ghosts

Postby Snake » 04 Apr 2005, 17:15

mister bacon wrote:No it was not. He recorded a lot of songs because he wanted to be released from his Death Row recording contract ASAP.

Following his release from prison, he was a workaholic who often had 3 studios going at one time so he could record all the rhymes he wrote in Prison. When he left prison, he didnt want to go to the liquor store or to a club.. he asked that they take him straight to the studio.

Also, there is not a chance in hell Biggie was better the Tupac. Biggie was a talented lyracist, but the subject of all his music was about the same shit over and over again. Tupac's topics ranged for violent gangsta rap (mostly wrtitten while in prison) politcal topics (Brenda's Got a Baby) to songs about his mama. Biggie didn't have the range that Tupac did. Hell, Biggie only recorded about 2 1/2 albums of actual good music. Ready To Die was a classic, but really Life After Death should have only been one album and some of the crappy songs should have been done away with. Dead Wrong was simply awful.

No where close to the quality of Tupac. And this is without considering all his other artisic pursuits.


OK, fair enough. I got that from an interview with one of his relatives on a VH1 (I think) special. I knew I should have considered my source. Oh well. As for Biggie, he was just coming into his own when he died, and I think he had a lot more upside than what he showed, he had only scratched the surface (though Pac certainly accomplished A LOT more in his life and ultimately was the more talented of the two). I agree that Life After Death should have only been one disc, but as I recall the 2 CD album was the thing at the time, and the album had enough hits to justify buying it even with all the other crap on it. Of course, Pac also plagiarized himself in his postmortem music, since Changes is basically the same song as Heaven Got a Ghetto. I always feel weird when I hear either song because of that, and it's not really that big a deal (I certainly don't hold it against him) just one of those little things I notice.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
User avatar
Snake
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4652
Joined: 15 Nov 2004, 01:58
Location: Bay Area

Postby mister bacon » 04 Apr 2005, 17:32

The song Changes was posthumously produced by Death Row.. it was really an unfinished song, and they needed to add a verse to complete the song, it was the exact same verse as the one from "I wonder if Heaven's Got a Ghetto"

...and why was everyone making 2CD sets for a while?

Because Tupac's All Eyes on Me double abum was nothing short of amazing, but that album (both CD's) were incredible. I perfer the first Disc, but the second disc of that set is stronger than most platinum rappers albums.

After Tupac did it every other rapper tried to do it, including Biggie. It was painfully obvious how tough it is to make TWO whole albums of material because everyone elses double disc set was not up to par. It just shows you how incredible Tupac really was.

I don't think Biggie really had as much unrealized potential as people think he did. Yes he was a talent, but the reason Pac was such a talent was because he enjoyed other artistic pursuits outside of rap music and was a political man, Biggie was a crack dealer who figured out a better way to make money.. he didn't really have any exposure to other art to influence his own creative process.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 27127
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Next

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests