Music Divas

Re: Music Divas

Postby JichaelDick » 19 Jul 2016, 11:16

CourtesyFlush wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:Wolf, as a man, I chose Team Katy for her looks, her music (I'm not the biggest fan, but I like her stuff better than a lot of others), and her Ole Miss fandom.

Not necessarily in that order

Goes without saying. Still the GOAT GameDay picker. She even had corn dogs for LSU!
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jul 2016, 11:31

JichaelDick wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:Still don't geddit :beatsme:

Man, that Khloe Kardashian is a beast of a woman.

Still can't believe anyone gives any fucks. :beatsme:

I want to think this, but as a proud member of #TeamKaty, watching Taylor take an L, even from someone as odious as Kimye, I can't help but smile.

i also love katy and would do anything to bone her, but she should just gtfo on this and let the other people look like shitheels. it is beneath her tits to participate.

She at least had some plausible deniability for the whole kerfluffle on Sunday night/Monday morning, what with that Rise song going #1. Clearly it was a shot, but she could always couch it as promoting her #brand.

Wolf, as a man, I chose Team Katy for her looks, her music (I'm not the biggest fan, but I like her stuff better than a lot of others), and her Ole Miss fandom.

I'm not totally sure that using her music as an example helps your man cred. But I respect your opinion.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby the cheese » 20 Jul 2016, 08:27

The GREATEST band of the 90s (Suck it Bacon) trolls the GOP convention, taunts the crowd of an invite-only show, and refuses to play the hits.

Seriously, don't book Stephen Jenkins to do anything. He's an asshole. But in this case he's my kind of asshole.

Frontman Stephen Jenkins discussed his gay cousins, and how the band rejects the party’s anti-LGBT platform—to loud boos from the crowd at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. “To love this song is to take into your heart the message, and to actually—actually—have a feeling to arrive and move forward, and not live your life in fear, and imposing that fear on other people,” he said, before launching into their tune “Jumper.” At another point, Jenkins also jokingly asked the crowd, “Raise your hand if you believe in science?” to a chorus of boos.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 20 Jul 2016, 09:06

the cheese wrote:The GREATEST band of the 90s (Suck it Bacon) trolls the GOP convention, taunts the crowd of an invite-only show, and refuses to play the hits.

Seriously, don't book Stephen Jenkins to do anything. He's an asshole. But in this case he's my kind of asshole.

Frontman Stephen Jenkins discussed his gay cousins, and how the band rejects the party’s anti-LGBT platform—to loud boos from the crowd at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. “To love this song is to take into your heart the message, and to actually—actually—have a feeling to arrive and move forward, and not live your life in fear, and imposing that fear on other people,” he said, before launching into their tune “Jumper.” At another point, Jenkins also jokingly asked the crowd, “Raise your hand if you believe in science?” to a chorus of boos.

I've come around on the whole "artists should be allowed to tell politicians to shove it" deal. That is hilarious...but why in the hell would the GOP bring them in. Why not get the Nuge or Blake Shelton or somebody?
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby the cheese » 20 Jul 2016, 09:21

JichaelDick wrote:
the cheese wrote:The GREATEST band of the 90s (Suck it Bacon) trolls the GOP convention, taunts the crowd of an invite-only show, and refuses to play the hits.

I've come around on the whole "artists should be allowed to tell politicians to shove it" deal. That is hilarious...but why in the hell would the GOP bring them in. Why not get the Nuge or Blake Shelton or somebody?

This was an RIAA event and apparently aimed at a younger crowd, it's in Cleveland so it needs to be rock as opposed to country, and the Nuge is a loose cannon who can open a whole new can of public opinion worms. I would have aimed more for somebody who needed the money and was happy to get the gig, as opposed to 3EB who have by all accounts held onto their cash and keep playing for fun.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 20 Jul 2016, 09:26

the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

This was an RIAA event and apparently aimed at a younger crowd, it's in Cleveland so it needs to be rock as opposed to country, and the Nuge is a loose cannon who can open a whole new can of public opinion worms. I would have aimed more for somebody who needed the money and was happy to get the gig, as opposed to 3EB who have by all accounts held onto their cash and keep playing for fun.

They played at a small venue in Park City during Sundance. The tickets were really expensive.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 20 Jul 2016, 09:30

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:

They played at a small venue in Park City during Sundance. The tickets were really expensive.

I've seen them twice in the last ten years. They play a great show when they aren't actively antagonizing the audience.

ETA: They were asked to play the 2012 convention. Here's what Jenkins said then:
“The Republican National Convention is not a private event… It’s a public sales pitch, and everyone is supposed to deliver the script,” Jenkins previously wrote in an piece for The Huffington Post detailing his reasons for declining a prior invite to perform at the RNC in 2012. “This whole hustle is peppered with music bits meant to wed policies like forced births of rapists’ babies and minority voter suppression to song. Even the private party my band was asked to play at the RNC is not some innocuous event. Though I am happy to play for Republican fans, like my lifelong Republican mom, playing the RNC convention is a tacit endorsement of the Republican presidential candidate and his party platform, and this is not my mom’s Republican Party anymore.”

Not a lot of homework being done for this convention. The small stuff isn't getting sweated.

As a fan, I'd really like to see this show:
the cheese
The Douche

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Jul 2016, 23:28

JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby TheWolf » 26 Jul 2016, 23:30

Do people give any fucks about VMAs? I don't know shot about shit, but I feel like if I was a musician, getting nominated for an MTV award in 2016 would make me think I was a shitty musician.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Jul 2016, 23:32

TheWolf wrote:

Do people give any fucks about VMAs? I don't know shot about shit, but I feel like if I was a musician, getting nominated for an MTV award in 2016 would make me think I was a shitty musician.

She got several last year for Bad Blood. It's thought to be throwing "shade" at her.

I care way more than I should. Not that I'm gonna watch.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Jan 2017, 11:37

I didnt see it live because i was watching the Pittbull NYE show, obviously. But I heard about Mariah's snafu, and then saw tape of it on Twitter. People were talkin, oh yes they were! Let me axe you dis, and hear me out...is it possible that Mariah pulled this stunt on purpose? No one has given a crap about her since she lost Nick Cannon. Now she's all people are talking about. Everyone I know is like OMG how can they do Mariah dirty like that! PJ was like, we ouchea like wsup wit dat, Mariah is QUEEN.

From what I know about her, she has a me-first attitude and will do anything to get back into the spotlight. And you idiots in the media are eating her nonsense up. Like it was the production teams fault. She orchestrated this. she is a conniving c*nt.

Watch, she'll be singing at Trump's inauguration and probably do the Natl Anthem at the Superb Owl. Keeping my eye on this.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 04 Jan 2017, 14:07

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I didnt see it live because i was watching the Pittbull NYE show, obviously. But I heard about Mariah's snafu, and then saw tape of it on Twitter. People were talkin, oh yes they were! Let me axe you dis, and hear me out...is it possible that Mariah pulled this stunt on purpose? No one has given a crap about her since she lost Nick Cannon. Now she's all people are talking about. Everyone I know is like OMG how can they do Mariah dirty like that! PJ was like, we ouchea like wsup wit dat, Mariah is QUEEN.

From what I know about her, she has a me-first attitude and will do anything to get back into the spotlight. And you idiots in the media are eating her nonsense up. Like it was the production teams fault. She orchestrated this. she is a conniving c*nt.

Watch, she'll be singing at Trump's inauguration and probably do the Natl Anthem at the Superb Owl. Keeping my eye on this.

TY. I like what you are dishin here. These divas are all the same, orchestrating shit. Like bey with that whole cheating jz angle. Get over yourselves.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Jan 2017, 10:48

bacon, please rank these chicks in order of who would be best in bed to who would be worse: Minaj, Rihanna, J-Lo, beyonce
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Previous

Return to Music