The Grateful Thread

Re: The Grateful Thread

Postby bosux » 29 Jun 2017, 11:59

Dead and Company, Shithole Amphitheater, Camden (Murder City), NJ, 6/25/2017

My yearly commune with my hippie past came last Sunday. No wives this time, just me and my buddy, Dingus. Dingus was pretty fired up and showed up at my house at like 1230 for a 7pm show a half hour away. My annoying wipe was all like "why do you need to get there so early? what are you going to do??" my answer was that we are going to bask in silence for a few hours, then go see the show.

Great weather, 80 and sunny, no humidity...we got to the lot around 2:30, and it was already cranking up...we got a prime spot basically across the street from the shed. You may remember that last year we parked far away, had to walk, got stuck in the security line, missed a couple songs. That did not happen this time.

Tailgate was on point. We had wings, which i had boiled the night before, then soaked in franks and melted butter all night. Also had some hand-pounded burgers which i souped up with salt pepper onion garlic paprika and oregano. The burgers kicked ass. Also has some killer Vermont juice bombs. Tru Kite fans know what i'm talking about. My portable grill is annoying in that slight breezes cause it to go out, so we had to build a wind-block with the coolers and whatnot. All good after that. We finished up with some watermelon, which was super yummy on a warm summer day.

Lots of freaks in the lot, which was jumping. Lots of people looking for tickets, show was sold out as of like a week prior, and the tour has been good so lots of people jumping on the bandwagon. Two hippy broads and some beta-cuck pulled up next to us with a smoking, near-seized, engine. Either they were driving without coolant or oil, I surmised. Naturally, I did not offer an opinion or help. She tried to crank it after an hour or so and it made a horrible noise. The dude with them was no help what so ever, and started taking pills after they got there. Two spots down, some dirty disgusting tour rats were selling shots of cheap liquor and had a de facto pop-up bar in front of their car. So they got nicely toasted for free and probably made a few bucks too. At one point, a sheriff's buggy pulled up on front of our car, some dude jumps out, pulls on his ass-kicking gloves and went looking for someone. Not us, thankfully. Our neighbor was selling nugs, so he must of shit his trousers. I bought some nugs from him after the cops split. Pretty good, from oregon he told me. Jewed him down to $40 for the 8th. We had some girl scout cookie from NorCal, but it's nice to have a little variety, and you can't beat the convenience factor.

We headed towards the door around 6:30 and waltzed right in, quick pat down, barely any line. Grabbed a founders all-day for made our way out to our seats. We were dead center (pun intended), about 10 rows behind the soundboard, great sound, great sightline. Only drawback is that our row was almost literally 100 seats and we were dead in the middle, so to get out we had to walk past 50 people. on the plus side we did not have to get up for anyone. there was a group of 40-something mommy-looking broads next to us who promptly fired up a joint as soon as the music started. my kind of ladies.

1st set was great. Everything played really well. Bob Weir is 70 something. I find that impressive. Doing this stuff takes alot of energy. Opened up with a funky stranger.

Did another founders at set break, plus a water. Second set was good too, especially the pre-drums portion. Post drums was just ok, not bad, but nothing special, plus the goober next to kept bugging me to use my glass, to the point where i had to tell him to chill the fuck out. We rolled out at the beginning of the encore and hit the pisser and beat everyone else out. Good times, would do again.
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 29 Jun 2017, 12:14

Sux, thank you for posting this tale. I en joyed it.

One question--I assume you're talking about some pot marijuana in your post?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby bosux » 29 Jun 2017, 12:17

CourtesyFlush wrote:Sux, thank you for posting this tale. I en joyed it.

oh no,that's illegal [-X
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 29 Jun 2017, 12:18

bosux wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:Sux, thank you for posting this tale. I en joyed it.

oh no,that's illegal [-X

Ah yes, I do believe it is in your state. ;)
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 29 Jun 2017, 12:45

Jeez, another Son who leaves before the encore.

:dikembe:
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby bosux » 29 Jun 2017, 21:49

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Jeez, another Son who leaves before the encore.

if you ever went to a show at this place you would understand

#judgenot
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Briandong79 » 30 Jun 2017, 08:30

bosux wrote:

#judgenot

How long is the encore at a Dead show, typically?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Jun 2017, 12:08

See any boobs?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby the cheese » 30 Jun 2017, 12:41

Briandong79 wrote:
bosux wrote:

#judgenot

the last one lasted from 1984-1993.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Jun 2017, 18:38

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:
bosux wrote:

#judgenot

the last one lasted from 1984-1993.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby bosux » 03 Jul 2017, 12:44

Briandong79 wrote:
bosux wrote:

#judgenot

5 minutes, and they play the same 5 songs as encores all the time

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:See any boobs?

some ok looking broads in bikini tops near us in the lot, nice bewberz
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby bosux » 01 Aug 2017, 13:24

bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Aug 2017, 13:27

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Aug 2017, 18:02

TheHardTimes is the only Onion rip-off I've ever seen that's actually funny.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby bosux » 21 Aug 2017, 18:05

this was my 2nd show, fall 88...before NY became the hyperpoliced disney that it is today...several block radius around MSG just an open air drug market...i bought nitrous from the dudes in blues traveler--they were walking around the plazas outside msg with balloons...try that shit today

bosux
Dr. Poop

PreviousNext

Return to Music