Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby the cheese » 05 Jan 2015, 14:23

mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:If you can't listen to The Beatles anthology and see the drastic changes in the world from the bubblebum pop of the 50's to the revolutionary 60's to the drug-fueled early 70's, then there is nothing left to say.


oh, i def do and i def agree. i'm not saying that the beatles weren't geniuses or important. i'm simply saying that i'm starting to think that the rolling stones have turned out to be more important and influential than the beatles were. they were the original rock n roll bad boys. they were fucking exiled out of their own country when they made one of the top 3 rock albums of all time. they worked with musicians across the spectrum. they played a hge part in bringing reggae to the mainstream. they even penned what is probably the best 'comeback' album of all time when ppl thought they were washed. they made themselves relevant in the disco/new wave era for fucks sake! their ethos and ourve (look it up, balls) become influential to everyone from billy idol to NWA. that is why i think that, over time, they have slowly become more influential than the beatles.


Pretty Bacon thing to do to both use and misspell oeuvre.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18067
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 06 Jan 2015, 15:03

mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:If you can't listen to The Beatles anthology and see the drastic changes in the world from the bubblebum pop of the 50's to the revolutionary 60's to the drug-fueled early 70's, then there is nothing left to say.


oh, i def do and i def agree. i'm not saying that the beatles weren't geniuses or important. i'm simply saying that i'm starting to think that the rolling stones have turned out to be more important and influential than the beatles were. they were the original rock n roll bad boys. they were fucking exiled out of their own country when they made one of the top 3 rock albums of all time. they worked with musicians across the spectrum. they played a hge part in bringing reggae to the mainstream. they even penned what is probably the best 'comeback' album of all time when ppl thought they were washed. they made themselves relevant in the disco/new wave era for fucks sake! their ethos and ourve (look it up, balls) become influential to everyone from billy idol to NWA. that is why i think that, over time, they have slowly become more influential than the beatles.


They weren't exiled like Napoleon was, they left voluntarily because they didn't want to pay their fair share of tax.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 06 Jan 2015, 15:04

Mario Speedwagon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:If you can't listen to The Beatles anthology and see the drastic changes in the world from the bubblebum pop of the 50's to the revolutionary 60's to the drug-fueled early 70's, then there is nothing left to say.


oh, i def do and i def agree. i'm not saying that the beatles weren't geniuses or important. i'm simply saying that i'm starting to think that the rolling stones have turned out to be more important and influential than the beatles were. they were the original rock n roll bad boys. they were fucking exiled out of their own country when they made one of the top 3 rock albums of all time. they worked with musicians across the spectrum. they played a hge part in bringing reggae to the mainstream. they even penned what is probably the best 'comeback' album of all time when ppl thought they were washed. they made themselves relevant in the disco/new wave era for fucks sake! their ethos and ourve (look it up, balls) become influential to everyone from billy idol to NWA. that is why i think that, over time, they have slowly become more influential than the beatles.


They weren't exiled like Napoleon was, they left voluntarily because they didn't want to pay their fair share of tax.

Of course they weren't exiled like Napoleon was, Napoleon was French, they're British

and people Americans suck at geography, smdh
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 11887
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 06 Jan 2015, 15:06

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:If you can't listen to The Beatles anthology and see the drastic changes in the world from the bubblebum pop of the 50's to the revolutionary 60's to the drug-fueled early 70's, then there is nothing left to say.


oh, i def do and i def agree. i'm not saying that the beatles weren't geniuses or important. i'm simply saying that i'm starting to think that the rolling stones have turned out to be more important and influential than the beatles were. they were the original rock n roll bad boys. they were fucking exiled out of their own country when they made one of the top 3 rock albums of all time. they worked with musicians across the spectrum. they played a hge part in bringing reggae to the mainstream. they even penned what is probably the best 'comeback' album of all time when ppl thought they were washed. they made themselves relevant in the disco/new wave era for fucks sake! their ethos and ourve (look it up, balls) become influential to everyone from billy idol to NWA. that is why i think that, over time, they have slowly become more influential than the beatles.


They weren't exiled like Napoleon was, they left voluntarily because they didn't want to pay their fair share of tax.

Of course they weren't exiled like Napoleon was, Napoleon was French, they're British

and people Americans suck at geography, smdh


Americans also lack syntax.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 06 Jan 2015, 15:12

Mario Speedwagon wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:If you can't listen to The Beatles anthology and see the drastic changes in the world from the bubblebum pop of the 50's to the revolutionary 60's to the drug-fueled early 70's, then there is nothing left to say.


oh, i def do and i def agree. i'm not saying that the beatles weren't geniuses or important. i'm simply saying that i'm starting to think that the rolling stones have turned out to be more important and influential than the beatles were. they were the original rock n roll bad boys. they were fucking exiled out of their own country when they made one of the top 3 rock albums of all time. they worked with musicians across the spectrum. they played a hge part in bringing reggae to the mainstream. they even penned what is probably the best 'comeback' album of all time when ppl thought they were washed. they made themselves relevant in the disco/new wave era for fucks sake! their ethos and ourve (look it up, balls) become influential to everyone from billy idol to NWA. that is why i think that, over time, they have slowly become more influential than the beatles.


They weren't exiled like Napoleon was, they left voluntarily because they didn't want to pay their fair share of tax.

Of course they weren't exiled like Napoleon was, Napoleon was French, they're British

and people Americans suck at geography, smdh


Americans also lack syntax.


Do they even speak English where you come from?!??!?!? This is MURRKA
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
User avatar
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot
 
Posts: 11887
Joined: 22 Oct 2007, 13:09
Location: Virginia

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby babylurch » 29 Jan 2015, 15:29

I had lunch today with a musician friend who has played in a band with Ringo. He has another friend who is much closer to Ringo, with whom he got to go backstage the last time the All Starr band played locally. Apparently, while they were backstage, the mutual friend told Ringo that my friend (MF) had been playing a Beatles bootleg on the way over. Ringo was apparently intrigued and asked about what was on it. Later, he called the mutual friend and asked for a copy. So, MF ended up giving Ringo a bootleg of his own stuff.

The same guy also has sent Steven Tyler a Beatles bootleg as well.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
User avatar
babylurch
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4419
Joined: 11 May 2006, 16:07
Location: 2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 29 Jan 2015, 15:32

Someone should have taught Ringo how to use the torrentz.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18170
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby BigJohnStudd » 29 Jan 2015, 18:46

That lizard from the Johnny Depp cartoon?
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 3572
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby Briandong79 » 30 Aug 2016, 09:07

So there's a show on Netflix called Beat Bugs that somehow got a license to use a bunch of Beatles songs. It's not awful, pretty standard kid show stuff but it's nice to have a little bit of higher quality music. I've heard my kid singing "All You Need is Love" and "Good Day Sunshine" within the last day or two.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30554
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Aug 2016, 09:13

Briandong79 wrote:So there's a show on Netflix called Beat Bugs that somehow got a license to use a bunch of Beatles songs. It's not awful, pretty standard kid show stuff but it's nice to have a little bit of higher quality music. I've heard my kid singing "All You Need is Love" and "Good Day Sunshine" within the last day or two.


That show is the nuts. Anything to get away from Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse every. fucking. day.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 22638
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby chrisco » 15 Jun 2017, 07:36

All 213 Beatles songs ranked. Some scorching taeks in here. I started skimming after the first 50, but you need to get deep down the list before he starts actually liking Beatles songs.

http://www.vulture.com/2017/06/all-213- ... -best.html

212. “Dig It,” Let It Be (1970): As Lennon himself put it, this is what you get when you’re stoned all the time and don’t give a shit. Docked eight notches for Lennon’s final spoken line, “And now we’d like to do ‘Hark the Angels Come,’” which on the record sounds like a swipe at the next track, “Let It Be,” a song that is tuneful and about something, unlike “Dig It.” McCartney sometimes produced schlock, but rarely work as annoying as this.


194. “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da,” The Beatles (“The White Album”) (1968): The whimsy will continue until morale improves. Definitely in the top five of Most Irritating Songs Paul McCartney Ever Wrote. It took a long time for the band to get this right in the studio. No one liked it; but it was reportedly Lennon who finally sat down and banged the piano part out appropriately. This is a song that isn’t about anything in the first place; the last two verses are the same except for having Desmond and Molly’s names switched out, but McCartney’s vocal gets more and more excited. Newsflash: No one cares about Desmond and Molly Jones.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 11773
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby Theny » 15 Jun 2017, 07:42

Pretty interesting McCartney take

160. “All Together Now,” Yellow Submarine (1969): Paul McCartney is one of the most remarkable, and luckiest, people of the 20th century. He, too, grew up marginally in a damaged city; he lost his mother at 14. More than any of the Beatles, and indeed more than just about anyone you can think of, he has radiated happiness and contentment (and not in a self-satisfied way) for most of his life. He was the era’s most successful songwriter, and, in fact, is probably the most successful songwriter of all time. He was in the biggest-selling band of the 1960s, and was probably the biggest-selling artist of the 1970s as well. The industry analyst I trust for reliable record-sales figures says that McCartney’s total is about 650 million sold in total — about 25 percent more than Michael Jackson. He was also — how to put this? — gorgeous to look at, and somehow had developed the diplomatic skills and winning nature to get what he wanted virtually all the time. He smoked marijuana heroically most of his life, and lived a great love story with his wife, Linda Eastman, until her too-early death in 1998. If Paul McCartney has a dark side, it is the voice inside him demanding that he dominate every genre of pop music with his cosmically pleasurable, almost ridiculously facile skills. Here, a number for toddlers. The excitement builds and, if you’re 4, the ending is as apocalyptic as, I don’t know, “Gimme Shelter.” Damn him.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30337
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Jun 2017, 07:50

This song continues to be underrated--it's one of my 2-3 favorites of theirs:

21. “I Saw Her Standing There,” Please Please Me (1963): Aside from the concussive classics “Please Please Me” and “She Loves You,” there are few songs in the early Beatles canon that provide such intense enjoyment. Performing this song live, back in the day, Starr would lean into the drums with a grinning intensity. The chorus is as powerful as those in any of its early-blockbuster-single compatriots; the difference is the laconic verses, which set listeners up for a wild ride. The bridge may be the most joyous in the band’s oeuvre. One of the great ‘70s bootlegs was a yellow vinyl LP featuring an appearance Lennon made with Elton John at Madison Square Garden. The pair sang “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds,” of course, but then Lennon ripped into this unexpected gem — “a song by an old estranged fiancé of mine, called Paul.”
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14239
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Jun 2017, 08:31

Frankly I cant rank there songs. All classics, IMO.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 30515
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 15 Jun 2017, 08:54

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Frankly I cant rank there songs. All classics, IMO.


i agree! except this "song" is far and away the worst:

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
User avatar
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7572
Joined: 08 Oct 2005, 14:11
Location: New Jersey

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest