Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby jman » 15 Jun 2017, 09:15

chrisco wrote:
194. “Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da,” The Beatles (“The White Album”) (1968): The whimsy will continue until morale improves. Definitely in the top five of Most Irritating Songs Paul McCartney Ever Wrote. It took a long time for the band to get this right in the studio. No one liked it; but it was reportedly Lennon who finally sat down and banged the piano part out appropriately. This is a song that isn’t about anything in the first place; the last two verses are the same except for having Desmond and Molly’s names switched out, but McCartney’s vocal gets more and more excited. Newsflash: No one cares about Desmond and Molly Jones.

even more irritating when a bunch of drunk bitches try to karaoke to it
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Re: Ringo and 3 Other Guys

Postby babylurch » 15 Jun 2017, 11:30

CourtesyFlush wrote:This song continues to be underrated--it's one of my 2-3 favorites of theirs:

21. “I Saw Her Standing There,” Please Please Me (1963): Aside from the concussive classics “Please Please Me” and “She Loves You,” there are few songs in the early Beatles canon that provide such intense enjoyment. Performing this song live, back in the day, Starr would lean into the drums with a grinning intensity. The chorus is as powerful as those in any of its early-blockbuster-single compatriots; the difference is the laconic verses, which set listeners up for a wild ride. The bridge may be the most joyous in the band’s oeuvre. One of the great ‘70s bootlegs was a yellow vinyl LP featuring an appearance Lennon made with Elton John at Madison Square Garden. The pair sang “Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds,” of course, but then Lennon ripped into this unexpected gem — “a song by an old estranged fiancé of mine, called Paul.”

's alright
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Previous

Return to Music