Music Mid Majors

Re: Music Mid Majors

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 May 2008, 15:16

Colonel Angus wrote:"That's a Lie" was a cover? Of whom?

LL Cool J

lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/llcoolj/thatsalie.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from the Radio album: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_(LL_Cool_J_album" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Interesting interview: http://www.avclub.com/content/node/22889

They were once sued by Bozo the Clown, once detained by the Secret Service for threatening President Clinton (That's a lie!), and once arrested for supporting 2 Live Crew. Three great stories.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Colonel Angus » 14 May 2008, 15:39

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:"That's a Lie" was a cover? Of whom?

LL Cool J

lyrics: http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/llcoolj/thatsalie.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

from the Radio album: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_(LL_Cool_J_album" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

Interesting interview: http://www.avclub.com/content/node/22889" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They were once sued by Bozo the Clown, once detained by the Secret Service for threatening President Clinton (That's a lie!), and once arrested for supporting 2 Live Crew. Three great stories.

Fascinating. I knew none of that.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby babylurch » 18 Jun 2008, 22:15

The MTV link thread made me stumble across Joe Jackson. Extremely overlooked. I'm the Man is just a great song.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Colonel Angus » 18 Jun 2008, 22:18

babylurch wrote:The MTV link thread made me stumble across Joe Jackson. Extremely overlooked. I'm the Man is just a great song.

"Steppin' Out" is a great song too. He really had a unique sound - I'm surprised he didn't get bigger.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Jun 2008, 22:29

Colonel Angus wrote:
babylurch wrote:The MTV link thread made me stumble across Joe Jackson. Extremely overlooked. I'm the Man is just a great song.

"Steppin' Out" is a great song too. He really had a unique sound - I'm surprised he didn't get bigger.

I think his role in the 1919 Black Sox Scandal had something to do with it.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby WampaOne » 19 Jun 2008, 08:21

Colonel Angus wrote:

GPIA. Looking forward to hearing that I´m the Man song from him. The Stepping Out video had some hot milfs with weird dresses going on. I´ll try to link to that one when I get home.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Jun 2008, 08:29

WampaOne wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

GPIA. Looking forward to hearing that I´m the Man song from him. The Stepping Out video had some hot milfs with weird dresses going on. I´ll try to link to that one when I get home.

Ask and you shall receive:

Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby mister bacon » 19 Jun 2008, 08:46

he woulda been right at home in this era of music, he was ahead of his time.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby babylurch » 03 Jun 2016, 09:17

Heard this the other day, it immediately made me think of FTT in the SB on a business trip:

2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 06 Jun 2016, 12:34

babylurch wrote:Heard this the other day, it immediately made me think of FTT in the SB on a business trip:

Hit close to home with that one. Four points (not the hotel) about it doe:

1) Port Authority? Business Frankie doesn't take the bus. Uber that shit.

2) In fact, I don't need to get my shit together, because I can go on like this forever (or until death, whichever comes first)

3) Bright future in sales? I'm in underwriting and risk management tyvm.

4) No whiskey sour for me. If someone hands me one, sure. They can be tasty. However, in a pinch just give me a double Makers, neat.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Colonel Angus » 08 Sep 2016, 09:20

Thank you! I had seen the first link but not the second.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Previous

Return to Music