Electronic/House/Dance/Techno music

Electronic/House/Dance/Techno music

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Nov 2007, 18:05

Currently listening to The Field-Sun and Ice. The same production team that worked on the KOMPAKT comp. that came out over the summer.

Has a cool euro-trance/minimal house vibe to it. You can dance to it at the club, or it's perfect study music, which is what I'm doing right now. Works on many levels. Definitely recommended.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Magnum » 22 Nov 2007, 20:17

This music sucks. I think this thread should be locked.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Nov 2007, 20:22

OK well I'm obviously not talking about the Ace of Base or C+C Music Factory club trash shit you might hear on the radio.

There's good shit in this genre out there, find it and open your mind.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Magnum » 22 Nov 2007, 20:27

I'll do that when you stop double posting. How's that?
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby someguysomewhere » 22 Nov 2007, 21:36

I'll defend _ on this one. It's a pretty broad genre of music, that has some really good stuff in it.

It's not something I'm into these days really, but I used to really like some older stuff by The Orb, Orbital, and 808 State.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby mister bacon » 22 Nov 2007, 22:20

someguysomewhere wrote:I'll defend _ on this one. It's a pretty broad genre of music, that has some really good stuff in it.

It's not something I'm into these days really, but I used to really like some older stuff by The Orb, Orbital, and 808 State.

yeah i agree, some older stuff is great. i used spin house and techno, so i know the stuff from about 98-04 like a mother knows a child.

since i came to school though i don't really know shit.

so i pose this question to those who love the block rockin beats..

i am thinking of purchasing an LCD Soundsystem Album. which one should I buy?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Fletch » 23 Nov 2007, 01:08

someguysomewhere wrote:I'll defend _ on this one. It's a pretty broad genre of music, that has some really good stuff in it.

Agreed - I'm not super into it or anything, but I'm sure there's more than enough people that like it to warrant a thread.

I've got a few Orb albums as well. If you're into acid, there is no better music.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby WampaOne » 23 Nov 2007, 07:12

As a fan of metal and 80s synthpop, I just can?t ignore this. Mods, please

MINUS

2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby jack_daniels » 23 Nov 2007, 09:25

Bacon, get Sound of Silver. Right away.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Dunking Donut » 23 Nov 2007, 09:31

I like Rabbit In The Moon. You can download some shit for free off their website. I like Out Of Body Experience.

http://rabbitinthemoon.com/

It's a genre where I can do a couple songs (what's that, like 45 minutes?), tops, while sober.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Dr. Spaceman » 23 Nov 2007, 11:27

if you like Rabbit in the Moon stuff, check out a guy on their label,
DJ Three, some excellent mixes floating about...

also if you can get your hands on Claude Von Stroke's recent
Essential Mix....it's an absolute gem.

mister bacon wrote:
i am thinking of purchasing an LCD Soundsystem Album. which one should I buy?

both....and All of my Friends off the new album makes the hair on my neck stand up.....basically sums up a large chapter of my life :cry:
Dr. Spaceman
Pink Helmet

Postby mister bacon » 23 Nov 2007, 11:48

WampaOne wrote:As a fan of metal and 80s synthpop, I just can?t ignore this. Mods, please

MINUS

ironically he found a flyer off of a rave website.

and besides wampa, the same record label that gave us joy division help drive techno into the forefront of music in europe. haven't you seen 24 Hour Party People?

eighties synthpop and house and techno are very closely related. they influenced each other big time.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby jack_daniels » 23 Nov 2007, 11:53

Dr. Spaceman wrote:if you like Rabbit in the Moon stuff, check out a guy on their label,
DJ Three, some excellent mixes floating about...

also if you can get your hands on Claude Von Stroke's recent
Essential Mix....it's an absolute gem.

THIS IS NOT A FILE TRADING WEBSITE. THANKS

- MB
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby WampaOne » 23 Nov 2007, 13:39

mister bacon wrote:
WampaOne wrote:As a fan of metal and 80s synthpop, I just can?t ignore this. Mods, please

ironically he found a flyer off of a rave website.

and besides wampa, the same record label that gave us joy division help drive techno into the forefront of music in europe. haven't you seen 24 Hour Party People?

eighties synthpop and house and techno are very closely related. they influenced each other big time.

I agree that techno, specially late 80?s house has a lot to do with synthpop, I consider them like sons of synth or something (bastards sons nonetheless).

That part of 24 Hour Party People where he says the DJ?s are the stars right now, the Hacienda goes all techno, electro and shit, it just depresses me. The movie should have focused more on his regret about not signing The Smiths. Plus, I wanted to post a picture of Judge Dread :mrgreen: Baconator, if you want to continue this discussion, please let?s take this to the a more musical thread, I rather not contribute in increasing post count on the techno tread
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby jack_daniels » 23 Nov 2007, 13:50

I checked around, and I can't find that mix anywhere... where else am I supposed to get it, besides asking duder for it?

24 Hour party People was an excellent movie (documentary?), watched it year and a half ago, it got me into Joy Division.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Next

Return to Music