Sons of Kid Charlemagne: The Steely Dan Thread

Re: Sons of Kid Charlemagne: The Steely Dan Thread

Postby JT99 » 23 Jul 2013, 14:38

mister bacon wrote:new york city drunk is unlike any other drunk in america save vegas drunk.

Bacon feels tap on shoulder, turns.

"Hi, I'm New Orleans."
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby chrisco » 23 Jul 2013, 14:39

mister bacon wrote:
the cheese wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Bacon what is it that you hate most about Indiana? is it the available parking? the normal people? lack of litter?

parking: balls, only dummies, cabbies, and people transporting a lot of goods drive in new york so i didn't give a shit about parking when i lived there.

people: the girls are uggos here, no random jaw-dropping trim that walks by. people have their family to go home to for the most part, so they aren't much fun. can't just randomly decide to walk into some bar i've passed by hundreds of times to throw back a few before heading home because drunk driving is apparently frowned upon.

litter: i wasn't raised in he suburbs so cleanliness is not really something i rate cities upon. there's not a lot of litter here, but a lot of run down condemned houses that are eyesores and magnets for crime and shit. bitch all you want about how dirty the city was but there were waaaaaaaaaaaay less abandoned shit in NYC as a whole.

I can see your second point. I would imagine if I could walk into a bar at any time, and not have to worry about driving home, its be glorious. I have never really had that luxury in my life.

If I could walk into a bar and not worry about driving home, I would be an alcoholic.

my tolerance has come back down to earth now, and it sucks. new york city drunk is unlike any other drunk in america save vegas drunk. there were several days/nights i had a big *SCENE MISSING* and then the next thing i knew i was pushing the touch screen buttons to give my cabbie a tip and trying to focus on not falling down the stairwell to my apartment building.

it also didn't help that you could buy a mixed drink almost anywhere in the fucking city. places that were open just for breakfast would have full fucking bars. soooooo much drinking done there. damn, i miss it.

:sniff:

You don't know what you got till its gone....

Being able to ramble around the city with a nice buzz is one of the top 10 things about NYC.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mister bacon » 23 Jul 2013, 14:45

JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:new york city drunk is unlike any other drunk in america save vegas drunk.

"Hi, I'm New Orleans."

fair point. new orleans is too dangerous to be that hammered walking about tho. vegas and new york, not so much.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby someguysomewhere » 23 Jul 2013, 14:46

mister bacon wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Bacon what is it that you hate most about Indiana? is it the available parking? the normal people? lack of litter?

parking: balls, only dummies, cabbies, and people transporting a lot of goods drive in new york so i didn't give a shit about parking when i lived there.

people: the girls are uggos here, no random jaw-dropping trim that walks by. people have their family to go home to for the most part, so they aren't much fun. can't just randomly decide to walk into some bar i've passed by hundreds of times to throw back a few before heading home because drunk driving is apparently frowned upon.

litter: i wasn't raised in he suburbs so cleanliness is not really something i rate cities upon. there's not a lot of litter here, but a lot of run down condemned houses that are eyesores and magnets for crime and shit. bitch all you want about how dirty the city was but there were waaaaaaaaaaaay less abandoned shit in NYC as a whole.

I can see your second point. I would imagine if I could walk into a bar at any time, and not have to worry about driving home, its be glorious. I have never really had that luxury in my life.

If I could walk into a bar and not worry about driving home, I would be an alcoholic.

my tolerance has come back down to earth now, and it sucks. new york city drunk is unlike any other drunk in america save vegas drunk. there were several days/nights i had a big *SCENE MISSING* and then the next thing i knew i was pushing the touch screen buttons to give my cabbie a tip and trying to focus on not falling down the stairwell to my apartment building.

it also didn't help that you could buy a mixed drink almost anywhere in the fucking city. places that were open just for breakfast would have full fucking bars. soooooo much drinking done there. damn, i miss it.

:sniff:

From what I understand, there comes a time in a man's life when sitting alone in your garage with a flat of cheap macro brew is preferable to any other form of drinking.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby JT99 » 23 Jul 2013, 14:56

mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

"Hi, I'm New Orleans."

fair point. new orleans is too dangerous to be that hammered walking about tho. vegas and new york, not so much.

That's what makes you feel alive, kid.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 23 Jul 2013, 15:13

chrisco wrote:
You don't know what you got till its gone....

Being able to ramble around the city with a nice buzz is one of the top 10 things about NYC.

Sounds like Dublin.

"Good puzzle would be to cross Dublin without passing a pub"
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby babylurch » 23 Jul 2013, 15:23

mister bacon wrote:

A friend of mine moved to Milwaukee next to a bar. I am legitimately worried about him.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Prez » 24 Jul 2013, 06:50

I was legit excited that this thread got some action. Thanks for nothing. Jerks.

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mister bacon » 24 Jul 2013, 08:43

Prez wrote:I was legit excited that this thread got some action. Thanks for nothing. Jerks.

hey fucker, this started with me posting a steely dan vid....

mister bacon wrote:been missing new york city a lot lately.

....any major dude will tell you.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Prez » 24 Jul 2013, 08:57

mister bacon wrote:
Prez wrote:I was legit excited that this thread got some action. Thanks for nothing. Jerks.

I appreciate that, but I was talking about the 2 pages of talk about living (or not living) in New York. The whole thing is a royal scam.

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mister bacon » 24 Jul 2013, 09:00

Prez wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

I appreciate that, but I was talking about the 2 pages of talk about living (or not living) in New York. The whole thing is a royal scam.

perhaps, but that's why daddy don't live in that new york city no more.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Prez » 24 Jul 2013, 09:02

mister bacon wrote:
Prez wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

perhaps, but that's why daddy don't live in that new york city no more.

Well, at least you're home at last.

Prez
The MAWG

Postby TVF wannabe » 24 Jul 2013, 11:43

nicely done
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby chrisco » 10 Oct 2016, 20:52

Just got tix to see the Dan play Aja at the Beacon in 2 weeks. MAWGDOM complete.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Prez » 12 Oct 2016, 12:49

chrisco wrote:Just got tix to see the Dan play Aja at the Beacon in 2 weeks. MAWGDOM complete.

:thumbsup:
:ohyeah:
:tiff:
Prez
The MAWG

PreviousNext

Return to Music