Sons of Kid Charlemagne: The Steely Dan Thread

Postby the cheese » 21 Nov 2007, 14:24

Sons of Kid Charlemagne: all the cogency of the Oskee-wow-wow Illinois thread, but somehow more boring.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mister bacon » 21 Nov 2007, 14:45

the cheese wrote:Sons of Kid Charlemagne: all the cogency of the Oskee-wow-wow Illinois thread, but somehow more boring.

one steely dan song has 10x the artistic merit of Third Eye Blind's entire musical career. go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

..and there is nothing that could possible be more boring that the Illinois thread. come on now.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby the cheese » 21 Nov 2007, 14:55

mister bacon wrote:
the cheese wrote:Sons of Kid Charlemagne: all the cogency of the Oskee-wow-wow Illinois thread, but somehow more boring.

one steely dan song has 10x the artistic merit of Third Eye Blind's entire musical career. go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here.

..and there is nothing that could possible be more boring that the Illinois thread. come on now.

All I was saying was that this thread, much like the the Illinois thread, is fully stocked with cogency, filled with intelligent, learned discussion of something the posters are clearly passionate about. Fungency, however, is lacking. THEN you had to go diss on 3eb...and to that I say, may you be forced to listen to Collective Soul for hous on end. That's bullshit mang.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mister bacon » 21 Nov 2007, 14:57

the cheese wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

All I was saying was that this thread, much like the the Illinois thread, is fully stocked with cogency, filled with intelligent, learned discussion of something the posters are clearly passionate about. Fungency, however, is lacking. THEN you had to go diss on 3eb...and to that I say, may you be forced to listen to Collective Soul for hous on end. That's bullshit mang.

w.e. 3EB sux. Collective Soul laughs at the length of their career. :twisted:

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby the cheese » 21 Nov 2007, 15:04

mister bacon wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

w.e. 3EB sux. Collective Soul laughs at the length of their career. :twisted:

you sux, obvs. :twisted:
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 21 Nov 2007, 16:10

I heard the Goo Goo Dolls hired 3eb to be their taint lickers.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Re: Sons of Kid Charlemagne: The Steely Dan Thread

Postby mister bacon » 17 Jun 2008, 16:54

sampled by lord tariq and peter gunz.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 Jun 2008, 17:04

great thread
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby mister bacon » 17 Jun 2008, 17:08

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:great thread

thanks!

here's another one of my favorites...

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Brick Tamland » 18 Jun 2008, 08:28

Steely Dan's actually touring this summer, I might have to check them out live... I'm thinking that would be a hell of a people-watching show, with a lot of really high people on various substances (as opposed to the usual stoner classic rock crowd).
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 18 Jun 2008, 08:59

Brick Tamland wrote:Steely Dan's actually touring this summer, I might have to check them out live... I'm thinking that would be a hell of a people-watching show, with a lot of really high people on various substances (as opposed to the usual stoner classic rock crowd).

haha, i wish i could get tix for this. it would be teh awesome.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Jun 2008, 10:26

I don't think I realized this thread was up, but I do find it ironical that an Auburn fan like Bake would like a band that had a line in one of their most well-known songs that said, and I quote:

Deacon Blues wrote:They've got a name for the winners in the world
And I want a name when I lose.
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mister bacon » 18 Jun 2008, 10:32

JichaelDick wrote:I don't think I realized this thread was up, but I do find it ironical that an Auburn fan like Bake would like a band that had a line in one of their most well-known songs that said, and I quote:

Deacon Blues wrote:They've got a name for the winners in the world
And I want a name when I lose.
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide
Call me Deacon Blues

yeah but the story behind the song is that they hated "racist ass cracker" Bama fans, so they wanted to be the opposite of that. ironical that i was listening to this very song when you posted this though.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 18 Jun 2008, 10:38

I always heard that it was because they enjoyed watching 'Bama football in the late '70s. Then again, my sources are Tide propagandists, so take it with a grain of salt.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Brick Tamland » 18 Jun 2008, 10:43

I really wish they'd included "Don't Take Me Alive" on their Decade of Steely Dan compilation... one of my faves of theirs and I don't have it on a cd.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

PreviousNext

Return to Music