SOTSG Recommends...

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby chrisco » 12 Jul 2012, 10:13

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Which song is it that you like?

ETA: The Way We Move is the song I like a lot. Its going to be great until I hear it 3 months from now selling the new Toyota Sienna with a bunch of raucous kids in the back wearing butterfly wings and astronaut helmets.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SDGuy » 12 Jul 2012, 22:54

5th'd or whatever on the Avetts. They are solid.
Montecore's Revenge wrote:Protip: When you slit your wrists make sure you go north-south and not east-west. It will be harder for them to save you and it won't send out as much of a "just a cry for help, not a serious attempt" vibe
SDGuy
Basketball Jesus

Postby the cheese » 13 Jul 2012, 09:45

That Ha Ha Tonka that IMS mentioned in his post about Langhorne Slim and the Law is pretty solid. Sampling their catalog this morning on spotify, and I like it.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Jul 2012, 09:58

I like Ha Ha Tonka's third album (Death of a Decade) the best. It features a heavy dose of rock and roll mandolin. They absolutely tear it down live, too. I saw that show from the side of the stage in a gorgeous 300 person capacity venue.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 13 Jul 2012, 09:59

It looks like all the songs that are in their Top Hits on Spotify are from that. Good stuff. Nice.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Jul 2012, 10:01

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mister bacon » 17 Jul 2012, 15:00

i've really been feeling the rapture's in the grace of your love lately. this album is going to stand up for years to come. really good stuff. oddly, pro catholic too.

:beatsme:

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 17 Sep 2013, 10:20

For Boston, my Arcade Fire review:

I haven't heard it. I'm guessing it will be a disappointment to current fans of Arcade Fire as it's probably a slight departure from what they did on their last album which I think was very popular. So they'll have what I call the "fairweather johnson" backlash and the album won't sell as well, regardless of the actual quality of the music. Final analysis: fans and consumers of music suck, in general.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mister bacon » 17 Sep 2013, 10:51

recently been listening to ATLiens over and over again. holy shit that record has aged well. kanye said yeezus was an attempt to make a minimalist hip hop album, i wouldn't say he failed exactly but i think ATLiens is the full realization of what he was trying to do. the sparse, minimal nature of the production kind of caught me off guard and reminded me that this is what kanye was trying to accomplish. there's only four to five parts of every beat on this record, and they come together to make something far greater.

for those of you who don't listen to rap music, i'd recommend taking a listen to ATLiens. it's a modern classic, a fantastic piece of American art.

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 Sep 2013, 11:03

SouthernYokel wrote:For Boston, my Arcade Fire review:

I haven't heard it. I'm guessing it will be a disappointment to current fans of Arcade Fire as it's probably a slight departure from what they did on their last album which I think was very popular. So they'll have what I call the "fairweather johnson" backlash and the album won't sell as well, regardless of the actual quality of the music. Final analysis: fans and consumers of music suck, in general.

I like that review. Its real.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby bosux » 05 Nov 2013, 09:54

for those of you who like good music, PBS is airing a hendrix doc tonite at 9 as part of its american masters series
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 12 Nov 2013, 02:00

bosux wrote:for those of you who like good music, PBS is airing a hendrix doc tonite at 9 as part of its american masters series

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... x-20131106
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Rodney Farva » 16 Nov 2013, 00:53

just another happening Friday night in the shoutbox:

Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:08 pm Rodney Farva it's quite late there, Mario, idn't it? or are you still in Australia?
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:15 pm Mario Speedwagon its a bit after 3 here..........
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:15 pm Mario Speedwagon and i am youtubing terrible aussie songs, shaking the walls of this house....
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:20 pm Rodney Farva best aussie song ever: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H2Dl4bfySM
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:27 pm Mario Speedwagon that is a fair shot, Rod. But we did invent Punk before the Ramones & Pistols: http://youtu.be/F92iCTU5ha8
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:29 pm Mario Speedwagon best aussie song is: http://youtu.be/L33mpJO2MaE
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:32 pm someguysomewhere Not: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tv24elfqC-I ????
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:35 pm Mario Speedwagon Nope, sgsw, it's this: http://youtu.be/ILd1O44BDqc
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 pm mister bacon w00t
Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 pm chrisco lorda mercy, I am going to weigh in on the ozi song doucheoff with two ends of the extreme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsR6yeIxvJ4 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hizpDXPT_Ig. The correct answer is actually THIS from INXS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLm3Khusq_8

because I know australia, music, and everything else better than anyone anywhere ever, i'm going to rate these. your mileage may vary.

8. hey, let's go to a rave, flap some glow sticks around, and who knows, maybe take each other up the ass

and you know that song had to be really bad if it's worst than

7. somewhere in greater fresno, kip winger just finished his shift behind the counter at circle K and is about to head to the library, where if a computer is free he'll play this video over and over, muttering to himself that he really wasn't the worst ever

6. this one ain't much better

5. this song is more than a little gay and the women has an annoying voice. she's kind of got it going on, though i'm sure by now she's followed mister bacon's handbook for blondes and hit the wall in a bad way.

4. I like a few cuts from midnight oil's catalog. unfortunately this isn't really one of them. I guess it's okay, but doesn't make "it" move.

3. lo-fi punk classic. nice.

2. the only one here most of will know. 30 years plus and still fresh and sweet as the dew on monty's taint. great, great song. michael hutchence always came across as gayer than a carnival yet he slayed all kinds of pussy. food for thought.

1. I still say this is the best ever, and it's my list, so i'm right.

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 23 May 2014, 02:57

Our friends on Youtube have uploaded most of Sun Ra’s full albums.

Great to have on in the background when you’re doing other stuff.

According to Wiki he’s from Alabama, so Jike probably once knew him.
#2C4S

Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby bosux » 23 May 2014, 09:35

Mario Speedwagon wrote:Our friends on Youtube have uploaded most of Sun Ra’s full albums.

Great to have on in the background when you’re doing other stuff.

According to Wiki he’s from Alabama, so Jike probably once knew him.

sun ra arkestra is weird wild stuff
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

PreviousNext

Return to Music