SOTSG Recommends...

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby mister bacon » 11 Jul 2012, 16:47

Gregs Kite wrote:Irregardless whenever this phase is over for you (a week) youll most likely find yourself wondering how Lou Reed ever made a single nickel playing music.

Nicos pretty good though.



take a walk on the wildside is an all time track for me, so i don't see how this will ever be possible. 5AM tequila sunrise classic, son. [-X
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 25523
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 11 Jul 2012, 22:02

mister bacon wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Irregardless whenever this phase is over for you (a week) youll most likely find yourself wondering how Lou Reed ever made a single nickel playing music.

Nicos pretty good though.



take a walk on the wildside is an all time track for me


+1

A 6-year-old MTM once stole the mic on one of those vestibules at a state fair and sang Walk on the Wild Side. All the words. He was a she. Valium. Colored girls.

My mom was so proud.

The rest of the audience - all 7 people? - were a little weirded out.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 11463
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby Rodney Farva » 12 Jul 2012, 06:45

i am a big fan of the song Dirty Boulevard
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24254
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 12 Jul 2012, 07:48

I seen these Avett Brothers guys on Conan O'Brien a few weeks ago. I'd never heard of them, but really liked the performance. Apparently they're somewhat popular? I downloaded this first song and another album and really dig it, as the kids say nowadays. Most of it is pretty mellow folk/country type shit, but they do get a little peppy sometimes as well. I feel like this is the kind of band IMS would be excited to watch on a weekend trip to Memphis or something. I also feel like the Kite would hate them. I know, WATFO he would hate anything??





Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake
 
Posts: 12092
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 14:23

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby CourtesyFlush » 12 Jul 2012, 07:52

The Avetts are great...seen them live a couple of times. Check their Live Album Vol 3 to get a sense for how good they are live.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13670
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Jul 2012, 08:53

Good call, ClayBix. I seen them in Memphis last year. I have the I and Love and You album. Pretty solid. I need to buy a few more albums, including those live ones, as I will be seeing them in September.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17569
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby CourtesyFlush » 12 Jul 2012, 09:30

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Good call, ClayBix. I seen them in Memphis last year. I have the I and Love and You album. Pretty solid. I need to buy a few more albums, including those live ones, as I will be seeing them in September.

I and Love and You is great. And they've got a new album coming out in September.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 13670
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby the cheese » 12 Jul 2012, 09:34

Nice pickup Bix. They have like 10 albums to go back through. This is when Spotify is your friend.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17157
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Jul 2012, 09:54

I'm going to have to recommend Langhorne Slim & The Law. His new album, The Way We Move, is an awesome album. I bought it when I saw him/them open up for Ha Ha Tonka last month.

The digital download is $5 this month on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Way-We-Move/d ... ic&sr=1-13

I also have bought another of his albums, Be Set Free, and it is really good, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Set-Free/dp/B0 ... 1&sr=301-2
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17569
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby the cheese » 12 Jul 2012, 09:57

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I'm going to have to recommend Langhorne Slim & The Law. His new album, The Way We Move, is an awesome album. I bought it when I saw him/them open up for Ha Ha Tonka last month.

The digital download is $5 this month on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Way-We-Move/d ... ic&sr=1-13

I also have bought another of his albums, Be Set Free, and it is really good, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Set-Free/dp/B0 ... 1&sr=301-2


They sound like J. Roddy Walston and the Business. I like this. I like this a lot.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17157
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby chrisco » 12 Jul 2012, 10:03

the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I'm going to have to recommend Langhorne Slim & The Law. His new album, The Way We Move, is an awesome album. I bought it when I saw him/them open up for Ha Ha Tonka last month.

The digital download is $5 this month on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Way-We-Move/d ... ic&sr=1-13

I also have bought another of his albums, Be Set Free, and it is really good, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Set-Free/dp/B0 ... 1&sr=301-2


They sound like J. Roddy Walston and the Business. I like this. I like this a lot.


This is when spotify is not your friend. They have one song on the radio that I like a lot. It is not the one song on Spotify.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 11171
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby the cheese » 12 Jul 2012, 10:06

chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I'm going to have to recommend Langhorne Slim & The Law. His new album, The Way We Move, is an awesome album. I bought it when I saw him/them open up for Ha Ha Tonka last month.

The digital download is $5 this month on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Way-We-Move/d ... ic&sr=1-13

I also have bought another of his albums, Be Set Free, and it is really good, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Set-Free/dp/B0 ... 1&sr=301-2


They sound like J. Roddy Walston and the Business. I like this. I like this a lot.


This is when spotify is not your friend. They have one song on the radio that I like a lot. It is not the one song on Spotify.


Do not search for Langhore Slim and the Law. Search for Langhorne Slim. All of the songs.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 17157
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby chrisco » 12 Jul 2012, 10:09

the cheese wrote:
chrisco wrote:
the cheese wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I'm going to have to recommend Langhorne Slim & The Law. His new album, The Way We Move, is an awesome album. I bought it when I saw him/them open up for Ha Ha Tonka last month.

The digital download is $5 this month on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/The-Way-We-Move/d ... ic&sr=1-13

I also have bought another of his albums, Be Set Free, and it is really good, too:

http://www.amazon.com/Be-Set-Free/dp/B0 ... 1&sr=301-2


They sound like J. Roddy Walston and the Business. I like this. I like this a lot.


This is when spotify is not your friend. They have one song on the radio that I like a lot. It is not the one song on Spotify.


Do not search for Langhore Slim and the Law. Search for Langhorne Slim. All of the songs.


Thank you. Spotify has a horrendous search feature, its like a sad clown you can't laugh at because he has your keys.

ETA: The Way We Move is the song I like a lot. Its going to be great until I hear it 3 months from now selling the new Toyota Sienna with a bunch of raucous kids in the back wearing butterfly wings and astronaut helmets.
Last edited by chrisco on 12 Jul 2012, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 11171
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Jul 2012, 10:11

Which song is it that you like?
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17569
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: SOTSG Recommends...

Postby bosux » 12 Jul 2012, 10:12

Rodney Farva wrote:i am a big fan of the song Dirty Boulevard


i own that album and think most of it is pretty good

sweet jane is my fave lou reed joint
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 16805
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest