Musicals--Not just for queers anymore

Re: Musicals--Not just for queers anymore

Postby JichaelDick » 01 Feb 2016, 10:14

Vanessa Hudgens' dad died the night before the performance, but she was good.

Also, Mario Lopez pulls off the smarmy '50s Bandstand-type show host extremely well. That's about all I got.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 01 Feb 2016, 13:05

Briandong79 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I watched Grease Live last night. #SNS It was ridiculous. Vanessa Hudgens is hot and I can't see her in anything without picturing her leaked nude pictures. The dancing chick is pretty and obviously has a great body b/c she dances and yet is kind of meh. The whole is less than the parts? Or vice versa?

In all seriousness, some of the camerawork and stages that they pulled off on a live show were pretty incredible. Plus Bunk! And Boyz II Men!

seent it too. did you notice vanessa's shirt button popped off in the big finale? i didn't see it but my wife did and i spent the rest of the show trying to will it to happen again. i agree on Julianne Hough. She's objectively hot but does not do it for me. Last night i said i thought she dated Clooney at one point but that was Stacy Keibler, another objectively hot blonde who didn't really do it for me (though the pictures of her ass on the internet are fabulous).

Carly Rae with the pink wig could get it.

Carly Rae is underrated hot, with or without the pink wig, but agreed.

I get the Hough-Kiebler comparisons, but Kiebler comes down on the side of being ridiculously hot to me, so I don't know what the cut off is.

Hough is kind of like the evolutionary Reese Witherspoon in the fact that they both should seem hotter than they are when looking at them, but something about them is just not sexually appealing.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Frank the Tank » 03 Feb 2016, 08:55

I did not watch this. Not because I'm too cool for it, but because I prefer to accept the Newton-John/Travolta film as the definitive version of this work. New entries are closed.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby JT99 » 03 Feb 2016, 21:26

Frank the Tank wrote:I did not watch this. Not because I'm too cool for it, but because I prefer to accept the Newton-John/Travolta film as the definitive version of this work. New entries are closed.

I am interested in a subscription to your newsletter. You're a wise man who knows things.

#Kenickie4Life
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Rodney Farva » 07 Jun 2016, 09:31

okay, now this hamilton mania's gone too far. i mean, it should have been named alexander camel TOE, amirite?!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby chrisco » 07 Jun 2016, 10:16

Rodney Farva wrote:okay, now this hamilton mania's gone too far. i mean, it should have been named alexander camel TOE, amirite?!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I just got tickets....

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
For late March 2017! Someone gave them to me for my birthday. My wipe will love them.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 Jun 2016, 10:41

chrisco wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:okay, now this hamilton mania's gone too far. i mean, it should have been named alexander camel TOE, amirite?!!!???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I just got tickets....

For late March 2017! Someone gave them to me for my birthday. My wipe will love them.

With Miranda leaving next month and a touring production imminent, the shine's going to go off this show quickly I think.

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby chrisco » 07 Jun 2016, 13:55

Frank the Tank wrote:
chrisco wrote:

I just got tickets....

With Miranda leaving next month and a touring production imminent, the shine's going to go off this show quickly I think.

:alexanderasciishrug:
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Jun 2016, 20:07

The missus and daughter insisted on listening to the entire Hamilton soundtrack while we were on a long drive. Guess I'm the only person immune to Hamilton's charms because I really didn't like it. Got very repetitive and Miranda's voice is annoying as all get out. Of course I'm now considered a mean, bad person for daring to express a contrary opinion.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Jun 2016, 23:02

You are a straight male; you are not supposed to like it.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Jul 2016, 12:48

I realized today that I have in fact seen Lin-Manuel Miranda on Broadway. Sure it was like 7 years ago and it was In The Heights, but it still counts.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Dthefritz » 08 Jul 2016, 12:57

Briandong79 wrote:I realized today that I have in fact seen Lin-Manuel Miranda on Broadway. Sure it was like 7 years ago and it was In The Heights, but it still counts.

I didn't know they had Broadway shows that far uptown.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Jul 2016, 13:00

Dthefritz wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I realized today that I have in fact seen Lin-Manuel Miranda on Broadway. Sure it was like 7 years ago and it was In The Heights, but it still counts.

I didn't know they had Broadway shows that far uptown.

NYC humor! I get it!
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 18 Jul 2016, 10:46

Rodney Farva wrote:The missus and daughter insisted on listening to the entire Hamilton soundtrack while we were on a long drive. Guess I'm the only person immune to Hamilton's charms because I really didn't like it. Got very repetitive and Miranda's voice is annoying as all get out. Of course I'm now considered a mean, bad person for daring to express a contrary opinion.

I downloaded this to see what was up. I like it, especially the Washington introduction.

Now I'm off for more gay sex.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jul 2016, 08:51

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:The missus and daughter insisted on listening to the entire Hamilton soundtrack while we were on a long drive. Guess I'm the only person immune to Hamilton's charms because I really didn't like it. Got very repetitive and Miranda's voice is annoying as all get out. Of course I'm now considered a mean, bad person for daring to express a contrary opinion.

I downloaded this to see what was up. I like it, especially the Washington introduction.

Now I'm off for more gay sex.

I got this recently and have had it on more-or-less a continuous loop since. I think it's amazing. #oldwhiteMAWG

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Music