YACHT ROCK!!!!!

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 04 Oct 2007, 08:56

Reminds me of a commercial for douche.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18260
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Postby Theny » 04 Oct 2007, 09:04

Summer's Eve I think it is.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30425
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby DNice » 08 Oct 2007, 09:58

Rikki don't lose that number from Steely Dan. Great song.
User avatar
DNice
Another dude worth meeting
 
Posts: 521
Joined: 17 Nov 2006, 14:25

Postby mister bacon » 08 Oct 2007, 23:12

DNice wrote:Rikki don't lose that number from Steely Dan. Great song.


indeed. i am also a hug fan of Do it Again. a great tune.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26124
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby Brick Tamland » 09 Oct 2007, 10:26

mister bacon wrote:
DNice wrote:Rikki don't lose that number from Steely Dan. Great song.


indeed. i am also a hug fan of Do it Again. a great tune.


Lately VH-1 Classic has been running episodes of "Classic Albums", where they sit down with band members talking about how they made an album, playing back just rhythm tracks or vocals on a song and breaking some things down frmo a production standpoint, very interesting stuff (to me anyway). Last week I caught the one for Steely Dan's "Aja", really gained a new appreciation for what Fagen and Becker were trying to do... I always liked their hits but I might have to go back and check out some of their deeper stuff now.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
User avatar
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5435
Joined: 25 Jul 2006, 12:39
Location: In an alley, killing a guy with a trident

Postby mister bacon » 09 Oct 2007, 12:54

Brick Tamland wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
DNice wrote:Rikki don't lose that number from Steely Dan. Great song.


indeed. i am also a hug fan of Do it Again. a great tune.


Lately VH-1 Classic has been running episodes of "Classic Albums", where they sit down with band members talking about how they made an album, playing back just rhythm tracks or vocals on a song and breaking some things down frmo a production standpoint, very interesting stuff (to me anyway). Last week I caught the one for Steely Dan's "Aja", really gained a new appreciation for what Fagen and Becker were trying to do... I always liked their hits but I might have to go back and check out some of their deeper stuff now.


they are brilliant musicians. i wish i could have seen this, as i love learning stuff about production.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26124
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

Postby Brick Tamland » 09 Oct 2007, 13:59

mister bacon wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
DNice wrote:Rikki don't lose that number from Steely Dan. Great song.


indeed. i am also a hug fan of Do it Again. a great tune.


Lately VH-1 Classic has been running episodes of "Classic Albums", where they sit down with band members talking about how they made an album, playing back just rhythm tracks or vocals on a song and breaking some things down frmo a production standpoint, very interesting stuff (to me anyway). Last week I caught the one for Steely Dan's "Aja", really gained a new appreciation for what Fagen and Becker were trying to do... I always liked their hits but I might have to go back and check out some of their deeper stuff now.


they are brilliant musicians. i wish i could have seen this, as i love learning stuff about production.


Lately I've been scanning through the dish guide and DVRing most of the eps... they'll usually replay one a few times in the same week or two. Other recent viewings:
Judas Priest "British Steel"
Phil Collins "Face Value"
U2 "The Joshua Tree"
The Who "Who's Next"
Queen "A Night at the Opera"
Elton John "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road"

I've got 4 or 5 on the DVR right now... pretty sure Nirvana "Nevermind", Fleetwood Mac "Rumours", Pink Floyd "Dark Side", and Def Leppard "Hysteria" are all on there.

A quick Google turns up this:
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=1023412
Looks like it was a BBC series and they're all available on DVD. Maybe Blockbuster/Netflix would have some of them?
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
User avatar
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5435
Joined: 25 Jul 2006, 12:39
Location: In an alley, killing a guy with a trident

Postby PornoGil » 09 Oct 2007, 14:05

Brick Tamland wrote:Maybe Blockbuster/Netflix would have some of them?

Netflix has a bunch of them, including the Steey Dan one.
The Rafters:
:sniff: 2007 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball champion
:19: 2007-2008 SOTSG Fantasy Hockey* champion (*only 4 people, none of whom really cared)
User avatar
PornoGil
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: 06 Sep 2006, 13:00

Postby bosux » 10 Oct 2007, 14:54

mister bacon wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
DNice wrote:Rikki don't lose that number from Steely Dan. Great song.


indeed. i am also a hug fan of Do it Again. a great tune.


Lately VH-1 Classic has been running episodes of "Classic Albums", where they sit down with band members talking about how they made an album, playing back just rhythm tracks or vocals on a song and breaking some things down frmo a production standpoint, very interesting stuff (to me anyway). Last week I caught the one for Steely Dan's "Aja", really gained a new appreciation for what Fagen and Becker were trying to do... I always liked their hits but I might have to go back and check out some of their deeper stuff now.


they are brilliant musicians. i wish i could have seen this, as i love learning stuff about production.


aja was the first rock and roll LP i ever owned...my mom bought it from columbia house music club (9 albums for $1!!!) and didn't like it, so she gave it to me...i think i was 8 or 9, and didn't really get the lyrics, but i liked the music...aja is a great tune in itself...the drumming alone is worth a listen
User avatar
bosux
Dr. Poop
 
Posts: 17332
Joined: 08 Jun 2005, 10:31
Location: river ave garage, top deck

Postby WampaOne » 12 Oct 2007, 18:46

I own British Steel (Priest), Number of the Beast (Maiden) and Machine Head (Purple). I higlhy recommend all of them. I look forward to catch a rerun of Hysteria on cable sometime.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
User avatar
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: 07 Dec 2004, 11:23
Location: Brazil

Postby Brick Tamland » 15 Oct 2007, 10:14

Did anyone else not forsee Wampa's 3 albums ever being mentioned in the Yacht Rock thread? :D
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
User avatar
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5435
Joined: 25 Jul 2006, 12:39
Location: In an alley, killing a guy with a trident

Postby D'Annunzio » 30 Oct 2007, 12:47

After years of dismissing them as pure fag rock, I'm finding that Chicago has put out several songs that I would say are pretty good. Unlike the Bobs, I won't say that I celebrate their entire catalog, but they've got some decent stuff. Feelin Stronger Everyday, 25 or 6 to 4, Make me Smile, Wishing You Were Here, Beginnings...all good cuts.
User avatar
D'Annunzio
 

Postby the cheese » 30 Oct 2007, 12:51

D'Annunzio wrote:After years of dismissing them as pure fag rock, I'm finding that Chicago has put out several songs that I would say are pretty good. Unlike the Bobs, I won't say that I celebrate their entire catalog, but they've got some decent stuff. Feelin Stronger Everyday, 25 or 6 to 4, Make me Smile, Wishing You Were Here, Beginnings...all good cuts.


Saturday in the Park will always be great. Saw them last summer, and even without Peter Cetera they put on a good show.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18374
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Postby D'Annunzio » 30 Oct 2007, 12:54

the cheese wrote:
D'Annunzio wrote:After years of dismissing them as pure fag rock, I'm finding that Chicago has put out several songs that I would say are pretty good. Unlike the Bobs, I won't say that I celebrate their entire catalog, but they've got some decent stuff. Feelin Stronger Everyday, 25 or 6 to 4, Make me Smile, Wishing You Were Here, Beginnings...all good cuts.


Saturday in the Park will always be great. Saw them last summer, and even without Peter Cetera they put on a good show.


Yes, Saturday in the Park is another good one. And Does Anyone Know What Time It Is.
User avatar
D'Annunzio
 

Postby Fletch » 30 Nov 2007, 14:45

nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

PreviousNext

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest