The Robert Zimmerman (umm..) Appreciation Thread

Re: The Robert Zimmerman (umm..) Appreciation Thread

Postby Prez » 10 Oct 2015, 19:04

Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Colonel Angus » 20 Oct 2015, 10:25

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:So which version, MTM?

How many of those takes do you think you already have? God love Dylan, he's damn-near Jagger-levels at bilking the rubes for more dough.

Part of the "new" stuff is this unreleased version of Subterranean Homesick Blues.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby chrisco » 06 Aug 2016, 21:55

A come at me bro top 5 Dylan list....

1. Isis - Visions of Johanna, Just Like Tom Thumb Blues, Ballad of a Thin Man, Hurricane are all great Dylan songs. This is known. What if Bob combined all of those into a single song? Wouldn't that be his best song? Wait, what if I told you that he also tossed in some Mozambique into this track. Well surely it would be his greatest song of all time. Not only that, but Bobstradamus also predicted the rise of Mesopotamian grave robbery and actually named that group before it even existed.

Isis is easily his best track. Come at me bro.

2. When I Paint My Masterpiece - This song is so good that Bob wanted the Band to perform it first. Later on the Dead took it up. All I'll say is that one day everything will be smooth like a rhapsody, but this is a masterpiece. Come at me bro.

3. Don't Think Twice, Its All Right - Snark, folk tradition, more snark, more folk tradition. Come at me bro.

4. One Headlight - I'll invoke the transitive property here. A song written by the dad, sung by the son. That's double the Dylan but also condensed Dylan. Come at me bro.
5. Quinn the Eskimo - Again, the best of Bob is not originally sung by Bob. It doesn't make the list for either version though, it makes the list for being the beat underneath the Beastie's Do It as well as a great rollicking basement tape. Cleary the best Bob is when he's not trying to be Bob. See One Headlight and Come at me bro.

5. Must Be Santa - Come at me bro.

HM - I Shall Be Released. It's not Nina Simone's best cover (that would be To Love Somebody), but its a tremendous cover.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby babylurch » 06 Aug 2016, 22:04

chrisco wrote:A come at me bro top 5 Dylan list....

1. Isis - Visions of Johanna, Just Like Tom Thumb Blues, Ballad of a Thin Man, Hurricane are all great Dylan songs. This is known. What if Bob combined all of those into a single song? Wouldn't that be his best song? Wait, what if I told you that he also tossed in some Mozambique into this track. Well surely it would be his greatest song of all time. Not only that, but Bobstradamus also predicted the rise of Mesopotamian grave robbery and actually named that group before it even existed.

2. When I Paint My Masterpiece - This song is so good that Bob wanted the Band to perform it first. Later on the Dead took it up. All I'll say is that one day everything will be smooth like a rhapsody, but this is a masterpiece. Come at me bro.

3. Don't Think Twice, Its All Right - Snark, folk tradition, more snark, more folk tradition. Come at me bro.

4. One Headlight - I'll invoke the transitive property here. A song written by the dad, sung by the son. That's double the Dylan but also condensed Dylan. Come at me bro.
5. Quinn the Eskimo - Again, the best of Bob is not originally sung by Bob. It doesn't make the list for either version though, it makes the list for being the beat underneath the Beastie's Do It as well as a great rollicking basement tape. Cleary the best Bob is when he's not trying to be Bob. See One Headlight and Come at me bro.

HM - I Shall Be Released. It's not Nina Simone's best cover (that would be To Love Somebody), but its a tremendous cover.

Good call on Isis, but it is behind Joey, King of the Streets, Child of Pain, indeed.
Rounding out the top five are Simple Twist of Fate, Tom Thumb's Blues and Blowing in the Wind.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby bosux » 07 Aug 2016, 18:52

what do you think about that, jerry?

by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 08 Aug 2016, 08:18

I can live with this taek. This is for Leonard! if he's still here.

Bob's version is better. Come at me bro.

Snarky 'eff this bitch' Dylan is the best Dylan. TRU Baez fans know what I'm talking about.

I have long maintained Dylan just handed this to Jakob and said "Oh, I wasn't there for you that much growing up? Here, have a career you dip."

Who laughs this way - ho ho ho?

Nina Simone covered Just LIke a Woman. That is her best cover. Come at me bro.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby JichaelDick » 08 Aug 2016, 22:54

Never realized anyone ever covered "Oxford Town."

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby JichaelDick » 13 Oct 2016, 07:12

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Rodney Farva » 17 Nov 2016, 13:20

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 Nov 2016, 13:33

Rodney Farva wrote:so gracious

TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Previous

Return to Music