The Robert Zimmerman (umm..) Appreciation Thread

The Robert Zimmerman (umm..) Appreciation Thread

Postby Fletch » 17 Apr 2007, 01:42

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Stairway could easily be called the greatest song of all-time....easily.

That being said, it ain't on my top 10, which isssssssssssss...lemme think...


10. Dear Mr. Fantasy, Traffic
9. Bold as Love, Hendrix
8. A Day in the Life, Beatles
7. Midnight Rambler, Stones
6. Up to Me, Dylan
5. Idiot Wind, Dylan(the acoustic version of Bootleg Series, Vol. 2)
4. Caravan, Van Morrison
3. I Am The Walrus, Beatles
2. Hey, Mr. Tambourine Man, Dylan....come on.

1. Like A Rolling Stone....nothing comes close

P.S: This list changes hourly (except No. 1) and has been know to be all Dylan songs.


How old are you??

Don't get me wrong, I like and/or love many of those songs, I just thought you were like 20. If you are, kudos to you. Though, either way, as good as the music from the 60s was, there is some other good stuff out there.

Here are my current top 5 Dylan songs:

5. Nettie Moore
4. Stuck Inside of Mobile...
3. Lay Lady Lay
2. Hurricane
1. The Man in Me
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby itsnotyouitsme » 17 Apr 2007, 11:10

Lists of best Dylan songs and no "Boots of Spanish Leather?"

Am I the only one who loves that song?

"So take heed, take heed of the western wind,
Take heed of the stormy weather,
And yes, there's something you can send back to me,
Spanish boots of Spanish leather..."
itsnotyouitsme
Grantland Editor
 
Posts: 132
Joined: 15 Jan 2007, 15:11

Postby Theny » 17 Apr 2007, 11:20

What about the fuckin Hurricane song?
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 30216
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby Fletch » 17 Apr 2007, 11:23

Theny wrote:What about the fuckin Hurricane song?


Number 2 on my list above. Pay attention, d00d.
Last edited by Fletch on 17 Apr 2007, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 17 Apr 2007, 15:45

Can't believe I forgot "Boots of Spanish Leather".....thats eggregious, as eggregious as my spelling.

"I'm sailin' away, my one true love..."
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 20 Apr 2007, 11:41

New Dylan Top Ten (ignoring songs I've mentioned b4; I'm also thinking of holding a tournament for these, with seeds and everything)

1. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
2. Every Grain of Sand
3. Positively 4th Street
4. Blind Willie McTell
5. Just Like A Woman
6. Not Dark Yet
7. Ballad of a Thin Man
8. Things Have Changed
9. I Shall Be Free
10. Simple Twist of Fate
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Postby Fletch » 20 Apr 2007, 11:52

MisterTambourineMan wrote:New Dylan Top Ten (ignoring songs I've mentioned b4; I'm also thinking of holding a tournament for these, with seeds and everything)

1. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
2. Every Grain of Sand
3. Positively 4th Street
4. Blind Willie McTell
5. Just Like A Woman
6. Not Dark Yet
7. Ballad of a Thin Man
8. Things Have Changed
9. I Shall Be Free
10. Simple Twist of Fate


I love "Just Like A Woman." Tree-mendous song. I'd also like to add "Wigwam, " "Joey" and "Mozambique" to the list.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Apr 2007, 11:53

Maybe it'd just be simpler to write a list of Dylan's worst 10 songs...
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 30248
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 21 Apr 2007, 12:54

It would be harder, Briandean; it would be harder to find Dylan's 10 worst songs because the man had maybe 3 bad songs.

But that is neither here nor there, for I have decided to go through my insanely excellent, transcendently stupendous, universely important idea of a March Madness with Dylan songs. 4 regions, 16 seeds, one set of ears. Will there be upsets? Of course! Who knows how a song might fare against another. The only thing I know so far is that Like A Rolling Stone is the top 1 seed and All Along the Watchtower is the last 16 seed(It's a great song, but it's Hendrix's song now....)

If anyone has some suggestions, please, lemme know.

So, Coming Soon to a Thread near you, and sure to annoy everyone: Dylan Madness.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Postby Colonel Angus » 21 Apr 2007, 18:09

MisterTambourineMan wrote:It would be harder, Briandean; it would be harder to find Dylan's 10 worst songs because the man had maybe 3 bad songs.

But that is neither here nor there, for I have decided to go through my insanely excellent, transcendently stupendous, universely important idea of a March Madness with Dylan songs. 4 regions, 16 seeds, one set of ears. Will there be upsets? Of course! Who knows how a song might fare against another. The only thing I know so far is that Like A Rolling Stone is the top 1 seed and All Along the Watchtower is the last 16 seed(It's a great song, but it's Hendrix's song now....)

If anyone has some suggestions, please, lemme know.

So, Coming Soon to a Thread near you, and sure to annoy everyone: Dylan Madness.


If you think AATW is a 16-seed (for whatever reason,) your tourney is a joke.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 22 Apr 2007, 11:51

Angus, I think you're forgetting many, many, many songs, and the fact that Dylan said it was Hendrix's song now; however, this is a committee, and if you feel Watchtower should get bumped up, I can oblige....a 13, 12-seed, possibly 11?

Edit: I was speaking out of my [lack of listening to it in awhile]; it's definately a dangerous 7-seed which could knock out a 2 if the matchup is favorable.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
User avatar
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 12071
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Postby Fletch » 22 Apr 2007, 23:52

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Angus, I think you're forgetting many, many, many songs, and the fact that Dylan said it was Hendrix's song now; however, this is a committee, and if you feel Watchtower should get bumped up, I can oblige....a 13, 12-seed, possibly 11?

Edit: I was speaking out of my [lack of listening to it in awhile]; it's definately a dangerous 7-seed which could knock out a 2 if the matchup is favorable.


Way to cave in to peer pressure, Mary.



:twisted:
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Colonel Angus » 22 Apr 2007, 23:55

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Angus, I think you're forgetting many, many, many songs, and the fact that Dylan said it was Hendrix's song now; however, this is a committee, and if you feel Watchtower should get bumped up, I can oblige....a 13, 12-seed, possibly 11?

Edit: I was speaking out of my [lack of listening to it in awhile]; it's definately a dangerous 7-seed which could knock out a 2 if the matchup is favorable.


Way to cave in to peer pressure, Mary.



:twisted:


You say "peer pressure," I say "reason." All it takes is one listen to JWH to realize that whether it's now Hendrix's song or not, AATW is not a fucking 16-seed, 13-seed, or any kind of double-digit seed...
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby Fletch » 22 Apr 2007, 23:57

Colonel Angus wrote:
Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Angus, I think you're forgetting many, many, many songs, and the fact that Dylan said it was Hendrix's song now; however, this is a committee, and if you feel Watchtower should get bumped up, I can oblige....a 13, 12-seed, possibly 11?

Edit: I was speaking out of my [lack of listening to it in awhile]; it's definately a dangerous 7-seed which could knock out a 2 if the matchup is favorable.


Way to cave in to peer pressure, Mary.



:twisted:


You say "peer pressure," I say "reason." All it takes is one listen to JWH to realize that whether it's now Hendrix's song or not, AATW is not a fucking 16-seed, 13-seed, or any kind of double-digit seed...


I wasn't making any commentary on the song - just giving MaryTylerMoore some shit.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Colonel Angus » 23 Apr 2007, 00:00

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:
Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Angus, I think you're forgetting many, many, many songs, and the fact that Dylan said it was Hendrix's song now; however, this is a committee, and if you feel Watchtower should get bumped up, I can oblige....a 13, 12-seed, possibly 11?

Edit: I was speaking out of my [lack of listening to it in awhile]; it's definately a dangerous 7-seed which could knock out a 2 if the matchup is favorable.


Way to cave in to peer pressure, Mary.



:twisted:


You say "peer pressure," I say "reason." All it takes is one listen to JWH to realize that whether it's now Hendrix's song or not, AATW is not a fucking 16-seed, 13-seed, or any kind of double-digit seed...


I wasn't making any commentary on the song - just giving MaryTylerMoore some shit.


I actually can't argue with that. But he was wrong in the first place, so I can't blame him too much for caving.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Next

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest