Random Thoughts -- The Music Edition

Re: Random Thoughts -- The Music Edition

Postby mister bacon » 02 Dec 2016, 12:24

the love below is one of the most influential albums of the last 20 years. revisiting it right about now is a great idea, and you should do it. despite hey ya.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Briandong79 » 08 Dec 2016, 13:57

Prince stories are great stories:
http://www.gq.com/story/prince-stories
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 06 Jan 2017, 15:00

song's stuck in my head after hearing like 2 bars of it as i flipped channels. she's singing about how a dude left her pussy hurting right? that's hot.

eta - and now i've watched this video, uh, do not watch it if you work in a cubicle. or are wearing tight pants.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby bosux » 19 Jan 2017, 10:01

someone very powerful must have a very large stake in making bruno mars happen

i mean, he's good singer, but the marketing blitzkrieg machine for him is crazy
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby ctz31 » 19 Jan 2017, 10:04

bosux wrote:someone very powerful must have a very large stake in making bruno mars happen

I like bruno. He's one of the few good one's out there. And quite a looker.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jan 2017, 10:12

What does he even sing? I'm pretty sure I still only know Uptown Funk.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby JT99 » 19 Jan 2017, 10:17

TheWolf wrote:What does he even sing? I'm pretty sure I still only know Uptown Funk.

You've probably also heard a bunch of these:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/5892794/bruno-mars-10-biggest-billboard-hits-top-10-songs-charts
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Jan 2017, 14:30

JT99 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:What does he even sing? I'm pretty sure I still only know Uptown Funk.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/list/5892794/bruno-mars-10-biggest-billboard-hits-top-10-songs-charts

#2 is the only one that sounds familiar.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 22 Jan 2017, 22:37

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
JT99 wrote:

You could say the same about Maroon 5
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dthefritz » 22 Jan 2017, 23:06

bosux wrote:someone very powerful must have a very large stake in making bruno mars happen

It breaks my heart to learn that the music industry is so much based on prefabricated hype.

Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 23 Jan 2017, 10:28

chrisco wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
JT99 wrote:

You could say the same about Maroon 5

Another great band. I'd go see em.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 Feb 2017, 15:50

@Anus

Ryan Adams reflects on the "Summer of '69" heckler.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/arts ... share&_r=3
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 10 Feb 2017, 15:36

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:@Anus

Ryan Adams reflects on the "Summer of '69" heckler.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/09/arts ... share&_r=3

He was super high the one time I saw him and terrible. Angus prepped me for the disappointment. Driving two hours back to Oklahoma City to be ready for work the next day was a bummer.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 Feb 2017, 10:21

I watched The Grammy's. It was ok. I guess. Hosted by James Corden, who is a British late night host in America. He has a show on CBS, I suppose. #synergy. Here are some highlights and lowlights.

Highlights:
- I thought it was funny when Corden pretended to be the 5th member of some group I never heard of. They were all punk, and he was all fat-punk. I enjoyed it. They didnt even point it out. It was funny to me.
- Metallica and Gaga together were awesome, almost. See my lowlight for the negative. But they rocked hard.
- I liked Katy Perry's song. All she does is pump out hits. What an artist! People pretend to love Queen Bey, but fucking A. What's she have, 2 or 3 hits that are pretty universally enjoyed? Crazy In Love, Put a Ring On it, maybe one other. But KP has like 15 monster hits. Dont @ me, beehive.
- Tribe was overall bad. But they did a little of Award Tour and Can I Kick It, before going into their hate whitey nonsense. Busta came out and dedicated the song to President Agent Orange. Bunch of jackasses.
- Rihanna was drinking from a flask and wore a shirt that covered her b*obs, but showed her terrible wing tattoo. She didnt win anything bc she's not Beyonce. Rihanna has actually put out hits in her career.

Lowlights:
- The mic for James Hetfield didnt even work! God that was awkward. he had to share a mic with Gaga half way thru when he realized no one could hear him. He was peeved. he kicked the mic stand over after the song.
- Adele did a tribute song for George Michael. But she picked a song that i never heard of, was boring as shit, bc that song meant something to her personally in 1996. And...she fucked up 1 minute into the song, and asked the band to start over. And they did! God it was terrible.
- Beyonce. What in the hell was that shit? For those that didnt see it, she was dressed like a pregnant statue of liberty, but gold instead of blue. It was brutal. Everyone on the internet hated it. Except celebs. I saw an artivle with celeb tweets saying how AMAZING it was. That stupid C Chrissy Tiegen tweeted a pic of herself crying afterwards. GTFO of my country.
- Cordon does some thing on his show called Car Karaoke. He did it with like 10 celebs from the audience,including Neil Diamond. They did a song a long to everyone favorite baseball song, Sweet Caroline. No one knew any of the words except ND. That would include: JLo, John Legend, Faith Hill, and some other morons.

All in all, it was alright TV.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 13 Feb 2017, 10:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I watched The Grammy's. It was ok. I guess. Hosted by James Corden, who is a British late night host in America. He has a show on CBS, I suppose. #synergy. Here are some highlights and lowlights.

Highlights:
- I thought it was funny when Corden pretended to be the 5th member of some group I never heard of. They were all punk, and he was all fat-punk. I enjoyed it. They didnt even point it out. It was funny to me.
- Metallica and Gaga together were awesome, almost. See my lowlight for the negative. But they rocked hard.
- I liked Katy Perry's song. All she does is pump out hits. What an artist! People pretend to love Queen Bey, but fucking A. What's she have, 2 or 3 hits that are pretty universally enjoyed? Crazy In Love, Put a Ring On it, maybe one other. But KP has like 15 monster hits. Dont @ me, beehive.
- Tribe was overall bad. But they did a little of Award Tour and Can I Kick It, before going into their hate whitey nonsense. Busta came out and dedicated the song to President Agent Orange. Bunch of jackasses.
- Rihanna was drinking from a flask and wore a shirt that covered her b*obs, but showed her terrible wing tattoo. She didnt win anything bc she's not Beyonce. Rihanna has actually put out hits in her career.

Lowlights:
- The mic for James Hetfield didnt even work! God that was awkward. he had to share a mic with Gaga half way thru when he realized no one could hear him. He was peeved. he kicked the mic stand over after the song.
- Adele did a tribute song for George Michael. But she picked a song that i never heard of, was boring as shit, bc that song meant something to her personally in 1996. And...she fucked up 1 minute into the song, and asked the band to start over. And they did! God it was terrible.
- Beyonce. What in the hell was that shit? For those that didnt see it, she was dressed like a pregnant statue of liberty, but gold instead of blue. It was brutal. Everyone on the internet hated it. Except celebs. I saw an artivle with celeb tweets saying how AMAZING it was. That stupid C Chrissy Tiegen tweeted a pic of herself crying afterwards. GTFO of my country.
- Cordon does some thing on his show called Car Karaoke. He did it with like 10 celebs from the audience,including Neil Diamond. They did a song a long to everyone favorite baseball song, Sweet Caroline. No one knew any of the words except ND. That would include: JLo, John Legend, Faith Hill, and some other morons.

All in all, it was alright TV.

TY. I feel like i was there.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

PreviousNext

Return to Music