Music News (sadly, with no Kurt Loder)

Music News (sadly, with no Kurt Loder)

Postby Fletch » 13 Jul 2006, 15:35

I didn't want to start a thread just titled "Weezer may be finished" or something like that, so why not a Music News thread?

Anyway...Weezer may be finished.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34832.html
Last edited by Fletch on 13 Jul 2006, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Re: Music News

Postby SouthernYokel » 13 Jul 2006, 15:37

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:I didn't want to start a thread just titled "Weezer may be finished" or something like that, so why not a Music News thread?

Anyway...Weezer may be finished.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds34832.html

Sounds like more Rivers Cuomo "I am an artist/cooler than you" bluster to me. They'll get back together. It might take a couple years, but one of them will want a new jet or something, and they'll make a new record.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rickey Sez » 13 Jul 2006, 16:00

I saw that this morning. The thing is, when it comes to Rivers, you can't take anything he says seriously.

If they are officially done, it might be for the best. Make Believe was horrible. Awful, awful, awful. I felt ill after listening to that for the first time. As Yokel said in the shout-box, I Make Believe it never happened. Still, I'd miss seeing them live. They still did put on a good show.

I did like Maladroit, though. And for the record, Pinkerton is definitely one of my Top 5 favorite albums.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Jul 2006, 08:30

Pinkerton is very very good, but i've never heard an album where i loved every single song from the very first like the Blue album. Pinkerton was sort of an acquired taste, like that Vitalogy album that Pearl Jam did.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Brick Tamland » 25 Jul 2006, 15:29

Audioslave is done too. They're still gonna release their new cd Revelations in Sept., but no tour after that. I work in radio and the record label and band management is kinda freaking, trying to keep it hush-hush til after the cd comes out. Evidently Chris Cornell's wife is a bit nutty and wants to permanently move to France where they just opened a restaurant.

Maybe this will pave the way for a Rage Against the Machine reunion. Or is Mr. de la Rocha still working on his solo album? :roll:
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 25 Jul 2006, 15:33

What a debut by Brick! Comes in w/ insider information.......phenomenal.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Fletch » 25 Jul 2006, 17:28

Brick Tamland wrote:Audioslave is done too. They're still gonna release their new cd Revelations in Sept., but no tour after that. I work in radio and the record label and band management is kinda freaking, trying to keep it hush-hush til after the cd comes out. Evidently Chris Cornell's wife is a bit nutty and wants to permanently move to France where they just opened a restaurant.

Maybe this will pave the way for a Rage Against the Machine reunion. Or is Mr. de la Rocha still working on his solo album? :roll:

I'm glad...I'm really disappointed by Audioslave. Rage was great, Soundgarden was great, but it sounds like all of them are too old. Where's the...um, rage? Where's the noise? Where's something that sounds different?

I miss Mr. de la Rocha, blowhard that he may be.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby bosux » 26 Jul 2006, 11:28

lance bass of n sync finally came out of the closet

WATFO?
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby JichaelDick » 26 Jul 2006, 11:29

bosux191820042090 wrote:lance bass of n sync finally came out of the closet

WATFO?

In other news, water is wet, the sun is hot, and Generalissimo Franco is still dead.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Brick Tamland » 26 Jul 2006, 13:24

WATFO?

Are Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and R Kelly still in there?
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby NYCowboy » 26 Jul 2006, 13:44

Brick Tamland wrote:

WATFO?

Yeah, they're having a gay orgy and aren't ready to come out just yet.
NYCowboy
Hope College Alum

Location: On my way out of the closet as a flaming Romosexual

Postby Fort Hill Blues » 26 Jul 2006, 13:57

Brick Tamland wrote:Audioslave is done too. They're still gonna release their new cd Revelations in Sept., but no tour after that. I work in radio and the record label and band management is kinda freaking, trying to keep it hush-hush til after the cd comes out. Evidently Chris Cornell's wife is a bit nutty and wants to permanently move to France where they just opened a restaurant.

THAT SUCKS! :evil: I saw Audioslave a few years back when they were on Lollapollooza after they released their first album. They kicked ass and stole the show from Jane's Addiction! By far one of the best shows that I have ever seen. When they finished their set, I was legitimately disappointed that their set was over. I wanted them to play all night. However, if they break up, I think Tom Morello is lifelong rocker and will find a new project to continue to rock out. He is one of the best guitarists in rock music.
Fort Hill Blues
PrettyWhorey

Postby Brick Tamland » 26 Jul 2006, 14:42

NYCowboy wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:

WATFO?

Guessing you missed that episode of South Park?
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby the cheese » 26 Jul 2006, 16:23

Brick Tamland wrote:
NYCowboy wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:

WATFO?

Guessing you missed that episode of South Park?

I guess that episode is back in rotation because it was on monday night. Good times. I guess Viacom learned its lesson. Don't listen to crazy midgets.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby jack_daniels » 26 Jul 2006, 16:33

i knew one of those guys were a little gay. i always thought it was timberlake, he had the gayest voice from all of them.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Next

Return to Music