Syd Barrett Of Pink Floyd Dead at Age 60

Re: Syd Barrett Of Pink Floyd Dead at Age 60

Postby CourtesyFlush » 18 Nov 2014, 11:29

Colonel Angus wrote:
Magnum wrote:What is a more depressing song, Time or High Hopes?

I don't find either of them that depressing. But I guess I'll go with Time since I turned 40 this year.

Shorter of breath and one day closer to death. Check this post tomorrow.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Apr 2016, 02:34

So, I listened to Wish You Were Here, and the song is depressing as hell.

What I didn't know was that Syd actually showed up at the recordings for that album and had shaved all of the hair off his body before hand. Found that whole thing fascinating.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Gregs Kite » 28 Apr 2016, 06:43

JichaelDick wrote:So, I listened to Wish You Were Here, and the song is depressing as hell.

What I didn't know was that Syd actually showed up at the recordings for that album and had shaved all of the hair off his body before hand. Found that whole thing fascinating.

I can't think of a worse group for you to listen to as we approach what I assume is another killer Jike weekend. Maybe Elliot Smith?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 28 Apr 2016, 14:09

Gregs Kite wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:So, I listened to Wish You Were Here, and the song is depressing as hell.

I can't think of a worse group for you to listen to as we approach what I assume is another killer Jike weekend. Maybe Elliot Smith?

Do you live near any rivers, Jike?

#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby JichaelDick » 28 Apr 2016, 16:28

Mario Speedwagon wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Do you live near any rivers, Jike?

Tennessee River is about 15 miles from here. I'll try not to take a swim while fully clothed and then stay in the river while a passenger boat comes by.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 28 May 2016, 06:28

#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Prez » 07 Aug 2017, 13:40

All 165 Pink Floyd songs ranked worst to first

Like most ranking lists, I have plenty of disagreements, but there are some interesting tidbits about the band within the comments about the songs. A decent read for Floyd fans.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mj3528 » 07 Aug 2017, 17:39

Prez wrote:All 165 Pink Floyd songs ranked worst to first

Like most ranking lists, I have plenty of disagreements, but there are some interesting tidbits about the band within the comments about the songs. A decent read for Floyd fans.

Thank you Prez. This was an enjoyable read. I can't really quibble with the rankings, because I don't really know the early Syd Barrett stuff, but the author seems to like that quite a bit and has those songs ranked high.

He also seems to hate the band, so I am sort of surprised he took the time to do this. The best part was the stories about the band that were included in the rankings.

I really enjoy The Final Cut album quite a bit, and the author seems to hate it. :beatsme:
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby babylurch » 07 Aug 2017, 19:27

1. See Emily Play
Tied for 164th. Everything else.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Goose » 08 Aug 2017, 11:46

Is it my imagination or was this written by a guy who doesn't like Pink Floyd and doesn't think they have more than a dozen or so good songs?

Maybe they'll hire Jike to write a similarly composed Beatles article.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Basketball Jesus

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 08 Aug 2017, 11:50

Goose wrote:Is it my imagination or was this written by a guy who doesn't like Pink Floyd and doesn't think they have more than a dozen or so good songs?

jike wrote:#1 Here Comes the Sun: When the sun comes up that means it's time for a hashbrown bowl.

#tied for dead last: all the rest, fuck these hacks
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 08 Aug 2017, 11:56

Goose wrote:Is it my imagination or was this written by a guy who doesn't like Pink Floyd and doesn't think they have more than a dozen or so good songs?

I didn't read it, but if it's your imagination that it looks like #fp is running some new software that allows him to get inside your imagination (which would surprise no one, by the way), because he already said the same thing.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Goose » 08 Aug 2017, 12:00

TheWolf wrote:

I didn't read it, but if it's your imagination that it looks like #fp is running some new software that allows him to get inside your imagination (which would surprise no one, by the way), because he already said the same thing.

That's my fault. I think I blacked out when I got to the part where he says he likes The Final Cut and didn't remember reading the other part of his post. The Final Cut is terrible.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Basketball Jesus

Postby JichaelDick » 08 Aug 2017, 14:27

Wish You Were Here is my 2nd favorite Floyd song, no qualms there.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby mj3528 » 08 Aug 2017, 14:29

Goose wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

That's my fault. I think I blacked out when I got to the part where he says he likes The Final Cut and didn't remember reading the other part of his post. The Final Cut is terrible.

Really? I still listen to the Final Cut all the time. I am shocked that people don't like it. Maybe we can have cheese weigh in on its merits as a Pink Floyd album, and if he likes it we will know that it is awful.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Music