The Official Hip-Hop Thread

Re: The Official Hip-Hop Thread

Postby nova » 05 Feb 2018, 14:49

JT99 - Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:40 pm: X?nova - can you make a post telling me the name of every Migos member and maybe break them down?

Full disclosure, I am not a fan of the Migos. I find that they're the pioneers of a rap style that's destroying my favorite genre of music. So many young cats are stealing their rhyme style it makes them all indistinguishable. Which kind of brings me to this point. Most of the time, I can't tell the Migos apart. They sound the same. Their content is the same. Their flow is the same. Only when I really focus and listen to their nonsense can I tell the difference.

Takeoff
It's obvious he's here because they're all related. Takeoff was famously left off of the Migos most popular song to date, Bad and Boujee, and was hilariously called out by OG/professional "Get off my lawn" guy, Joe Budden. The young generation said the Migos would have won the fight....which is laughable because these lean soaked urchins are fucked up six ways from Sunday at all times.

Offset
Offset is what people would call "the other guy" in Migos. He's a perfectly fine second banana, and is starting to get his own shine by dating Cardi B. He should learn from Meek Mill and not get involved with megahot female emcee because once things start going bad, the lines are going to come out about how much better/successful your wife is at the game than you are. Nigga also needs to learn to keep his dick in his pants.

Quavo
The best one in the group. I've found he actually can rap, but sticks to the formula because its working. Was a big fan of the song "Champions", a posse cut with Kanye, Big Sean, Pusha T, et al and his appearance on DJ Khaled's "I"m The One", which hit #1. He *is* the Migos.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby JT99 » 05 Feb 2018, 14:53

Great post! Learned and enjoyed.

Takeoff going to get murked.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby the cheese » 05 Feb 2018, 14:59

I have found that I just can't take Migos. Or Cardi B. Or that white, tatto'd fellow who looks like Shia Lebouef on chemo.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby nova » 05 Feb 2018, 15:00

the cheese wrote:I have found that I just can't take Migos. Or Cardi B. Or that white, tatto'd fellow who looks like Shia Lebouef on chemo.

Post Malone? I like his music.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby the cheese » 05 Feb 2018, 15:01

nova wrote:
the cheese wrote:I have found that I just can't take Migos. Or Cardi B. Or that white, tatto'd fellow who looks like Shia Lebouef on chemo.

Post Malone? I like his music.

Yes. Pass.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Feb 2018, 15:43

I read the dorky SNL Reddit. They are sooooo into it. It’s really weird. One thing they do is try to predict future hosts and music acts. Someone mentioned Migos, which led to several of them denouncing Migos bc of their homophobic lyrics. That sub is full of 79s.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby nova » 09 Feb 2018, 10:32

was informed yesterday that it was not Bernie Mac who did the intros/skits on Kanye's first two albums. They were done by Deray Davis, a funny comic in his own right, but not Bernie.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby JT99 » 09 Feb 2018, 10:34

nova wrote:was informed yesterday that it was not Bernie Mac who did the intros/skits on Kanye's first two albums. They were done by Deray Davis, a funny comic in his own right, but not Bernie.

Deray's crowd work at Shaq's All-Star Comedy Jam was epic! He needs more exposure though his comedy seems to have softened of late
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby ctz31 » 12 Feb 2018, 09:58

nova wrote:was informed yesterday that it was not Bernie Mac who did the intros/skits on Kanye's first two albums. They were done by Deray Davis, a funny comic in his own right, but not Bernie.

He's certainly lucky he is not Bernie!
ctz31
#nnf

Previous

Return to Music