The Official Hip-Hop Thread

Re: The Official Hip-Hop Thread

Postby mister bacon » 13 Dec 2017, 19:08

em is done and everyone except ball realised this circa 2007. i guess he's seeing it thru like Howard Stern :beatsme:
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JT99 » 13 Dec 2017, 19:14

mister bacon wrote:em is done and everyone except ball realised this circa 2007. i guess he's seeing it thru like Howard Stern :beatsme:

Is he? I thought that the community was falling all over themselves a few months back about his EVISCERATION of Trump

:beatsme:
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Dec 2017, 19:17

JT99 wrote:
mister bacon wrote:em is done and everyone except ball realised this circa 2007. i guess he's seeing it thru like Howard Stern :beatsme:

Is he? I thought that the community was falling all over themselves a few months back about his EVISCERATION of Trump

A lot of not very bright people loved his comeback album in 09 or 10 or whatever.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby mister bacon » 13 Dec 2017, 20:29

JT99 wrote:

actual rap fans were pretty meh on it because it was a pretty obvious p.r. grab for an unannounced album.
"I'm not a rap fan but i like Eminem" fans thought it was AMAZING.

yg/nipsey hustle, vince staples, and king kendrick all made much better songs about trump than em did.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Dec 2017, 20:37

mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

actual rap fans were pretty meh on it because it was a pretty obvious p.r. grab for an unannounced album.

yg/nipsey hustle, vince staples, and king kendrick all made much better songs about trump than em did.

Eminem's Trump diss reminded me of Crosby, Stills and Nash making an anti-Bush song in like 2004. It was not as good as "Ohio".
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Dec 2017, 07:37

Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Eminem's Trump diss reminded me of Crosby, Stills and Nash making an anti-Bush song in like 2004. It was not as good as "Ohio".

On SOTSG-famous Bill Burr's podcast this week, he had a comedian, Harris Stanton, who said the only hip hop people doing anything original or whatever since like the late 00s were Nas and Eminem.

I have no idea if there is any amount of truth to that but he would seem to fit in the "actual" fans category instead of the latter category. :beatsme:
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby mister bacon » 14 Dec 2017, 09:24

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

On SOTSG-famous Bill Burr's podcast this week, he had a comedian, Harris Stanton, who said the only hip hop people doing anything original or whatever since like the late 00s were Nas and Eminem.

I have no idea if there is any amount of truth to that but he would seem to fit in the "actual" fans category instead of the latter category. :beatsme:

he is old and very very very wrong.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Dec 2017, 09:34

mister bacon wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

kinda figured, especially since his rant on lack of originality was that everyone was named "Lil _____"

He said Lil Wayne was the first which then made me wonder if he came before Lil Bow wow cuz he's always the first Lil I think of (Like Mike is a cinematic classic! [narrator: no it is not]) but then the wiki hole I fell down said:

Lil Wayne joined Cash Money Records as the youngest member of the label, and half of the duo The B.G.'z, alongside fellow New Orleans-based rapper Lil' Doogie

So Lil Wayne wasn't even the first Lil!

Anyway, people do need to get away from Lil name. It's played out worse than Prince/Sean Combs name change jokes.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby nova » 14 Dec 2017, 10:16

mister bacon wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Agreed. This new generation of hip-hop is nothing, if not original. The names are terrible - niggas out here named Kyle, A Boogie With a Hoodie, etc. - but their music isn't your typical sound. Some of them borrow the same (terrible) flow that sounds like a bastardized Future/Migos cadence, but it's not a blanket statement.

At this point, Rae Sremmurd and Schoolboy Q are light years more relevant than Nas and Eminem.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby mister bacon » 14 Dec 2017, 12:23

nova wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

Agreed. This new generation of hip-hop is nothing, if not original. The names are terrible - niggas out here named Kyle, A Boogie With a Hoodie, etc. - but their music isn't your typical sound. Some of them borrow the same (terrible) flow that sounds like a bastardized Future/Migos cadence, but it's not a blanket statement.

At this point, Rae Sremmurd and Schoolboy Q are light years more relevant than Nas and Eminem.

i have grown into a very big rae sremmurd fan. they make fun songs, don't take themselves too seriously, and can rap their assess off. plus women love them!

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby nova » 14 Dec 2017, 12:39

mister bacon wrote:
nova wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

i have grown into a very big rae sremmurd fan. they make fun songs, don't take themselves too seriously, and can rap their assess off. plus women love them!

I'll take them over the Migos any day. Those urchins are really starting to read their own press clippings.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Dec 2017, 09:28

nova wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
nova wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
JT99 wrote:

I'll take them over the Migos any day. Those urchins are really starting to read their own press clippings.

Yeah
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Dec 2017, 14:54

I listened to The Chronic yesterday for the first time in years. I’m serious when I say this: that’s more a Snoop album then Dre. Has anyone added up the words by each? Pretty sure Snoop Minnis Dogg was on it more than Dre.

Also THAT IS A GREAT ALBUM. These fucking fags like Kendrick Lamar and his fans should be ashamed of themselves. Hip Hop is so slow and gay anymore.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Previous

Return to Music