The Official Hip-Hop Thread

The Official Hip-Hop Thread

Postby nova » 09 Jan 2006, 22:16

I figure there is enough of an audience to make this a viable thread, so for starters, why don't we just list out some favorites:

Favorite Albums: Soundbombing 2, Wu-Tang Forever, 2001, The Fix
Favorite Rappers: Ghostface Killah, BIG, Nas, Jay-Z
Favorite Songs: Boom (Royce the 5'9"), Song Cry Live (Jay-Z), Aquemini (Outkast), Duck Season (Wu-Tang Clan), One (Ghostface), The Sixth Sense (Common)
Last edited by nova on 10 Jan 2006, 10:22, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25369
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Postby mmutoni » 09 Jan 2006, 22:26

Favorite Albums: The Big Picture (Big L) , Illmatic (NAS), Doggystyle (Snoop Doggy Dogg)
The Score (Fugees), 36 Chambers (Wu-Tang Clan), Life After Death (The Notorious BIG) , ALL Eyez on Me (2Pac)

Favorite Rappers: Biggie, PAC, Jigga, Nas, Slim Shady, Snoop, Big L, Bump J, Kanye, Kobe Bryant (:P)

Favorite Songs: Too many to list.
User avatar
mmutoni
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1938
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 12:22
Location: where i'm at

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Jan 2006, 22:34

Dooze had a post here deleted for just some random stupid comment that was the 2nd post in from what I can tell is a perfectly legitimate thread by Nova. Please, if its going to get off topic, please at least make it funny or at least somewhat worthwhile.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29661
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Postby Colonel Angus » 09 Jan 2006, 23:25

Favorite Albums: Sex Packets, The Message, U.T.F.O., It Takes a Nation of Millions..., The Chronic, Doggy Style, Paul's Boutique
Favorite Rappers: Doctor Ice, Dr, Dre, Snoop, , Q-Tip, MCA
Favorite Songs: Humpty Dance, Bring the Noise, Get It Together (Beasties w/ Tip), F*** Wit Dre Day (And Everybody's Celebratin'), Mama Said Knock You Out

ETA Paul's Boutique and Mama Said Knock You Out.
Last edited by Colonel Angus on 10 Jan 2006, 08:41, edited 2 times in total.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Postby jack_daniels » 09 Jan 2006, 23:37

Favourite Albums: All Eyez on Me, Ready to Die, Straight Outta Compton, Life After Death, Arular

Favourite rappers: Pac, biggie, big L, nas, common, wu-tang clan, NWA especially eazy e, M.I.A.(i love her)

favourite songs: same as mutoni. too many to list.
User avatar
jack_daniels
Turban Legend
 
Posts: 14211
Joined: 20 Nov 2004, 23:13

Postby sportsdorkhater » 10 Jan 2006, 00:14

Favorite Albums:

EPMD: Strictly Business
GangStarr: Step In The Arena
Cypress Hill: Black Sunday
Dr. Dre: The Chronic
Eric B and Rakim: Let the Rhythm Hit 'Em
PE: It Takes a Nation of Millions . . .


I stopped buying new CD's a while ago and while I have an appreciation for Pac , Biggie, Snoop, etc , I dont own any of their stuff. The Roots might have a place on my list, but I need to listen to more of them.
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn
 
Posts: 6514
Joined: 22 Feb 2005, 18:25

Postby Scoring Machine » 10 Jan 2006, 02:35

Artists: A Tribe Called Quest, The Pharcyde, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Tupac, Jay Z, Outkast, NWA, Biggie
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
User avatar
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor
 
Posts: 1576
Joined: 13 Jan 2005, 13:58
Location: Playing Intermurals

Postby Beer Goggles » 10 Jan 2006, 08:22

artists: Biggie, Cypress Hill, DJ Quik, Bushwick Bill, Cube, Eazy, Beastie Boys (there, I said it)

albums: Life after Death, Get Boys (Self-titled), We Can't be Stoppped, Quik is the name, Black Sunday, Cypress Hill (their first album), Death Certificate, Lethal Injection, Paul's Boutique, Check your head, Ill communications, 3 feet high and rising, Straight outta compton, run d.m.d. (self-titled)

Have a special place for...Afrika Bambaata, UTFO, Sugar Hill Gang, grandmaster flash, poison clan

... and I'm sure there's plenty more that i've left off.
User avatar
Beer Goggles
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 17:31

Postby TheDooze » 10 Jan 2006, 09:46

Tupac, BIG, NWA, Public Enemy. Kanye West, Eminem.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3211
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 17:46

Postby Theny » 10 Jan 2006, 09:55

TheDooze wrote:Tupac, BIG, NWA, Public Enemy. Kanye West, Eminem.


Figures. :roll:

Anyways....

Artists: A Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang, Souls of Mischief, Casual, Del, Nas, Biggie, Big Tymers (one of those does not belong).

Albums: Midnight Marauders, 36 Chambers, Liquid Swords
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29985
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Jan 2006, 10:10

nova, i will never forgive you for this. Why oh why give him another thread to poop on? Now i have to be careful when i enter misc, site stuff, tv, movies, and music.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28518
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby nova » 10 Jan 2006, 10:15

SouthernYokel wrote:nova, i will never forgive you for this. Why oh why give him another thread to poop on? Now i have to be careful when i enter misc, site stuff, tv, movies, and music.


I think when it gets going, it'll be a non-factor. There are enough people here who post to cover up the e-feces.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25369
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Jan 2006, 10:20

nasty nova wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:nova, i will never forgive you for this. Why oh why give him another thread to poop on? Now i have to be careful when i enter misc, site stuff, tv, movies, and music.


I think when it gets going, it'll be a non-factor. There are enough people here who post to cover up the e-feces.


All the Febreeze in the world wouldn't cover the _-rap stink. It is possibly the thing i find most annoying about the underscore. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict 30-odd posts about Biggie (more specifically the ready to die album) and 40 about Easy-E (at least 15 of which will mention "It don't matter, just don't bite it").
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 28518
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Postby Theny » 10 Jan 2006, 10:23

SouthernYokel wrote:
All the Febreeze in the world wouldn't cover the _-rap stink. It is possibly the thing i find most annoying about the underscore. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict 30-odd posts about Biggie (more specifically the ready to die album) and 40 about Easy-E (at least 15 of which will mention "It don't matter, just don't bite it").


...and 50 more about 2Pac.
User avatar
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy
 
Posts: 29985
Joined: 10 Jun 2005, 10:55

Postby nova » 10 Jan 2006, 10:26

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
All the Febreeze in the world wouldn't cover the _-rap stink. It is possibly the thing i find most annoying about the underscore. I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict 30-odd posts about Biggie (more specifically the ready to die album) and 40 about Easy-E (at least 15 of which will mention "It don't matter, just don't bite it").


...and 50 more about 2Pac.


...all of which contradict each other.

I am just tired of going to the "What are you listening to..." thread, and finding someone listening to some obscure band. Also, we need a place to dump newsworthy articles about the dumb things rappers do.
User avatar
nova
Thrifty Negro
 
Posts: 25369
Joined: 04 Aug 2005, 16:04
Location: King's Tower | Los Angeles, CA

Next

Return to Music

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest