You Got Concert Tickets

Re: You Got Concert Tickets

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 08 Sep 2017, 13:16

going to a Paul McCartney show in NJ Monday, pretty excited to see a former beatle even though he's 75 now. i wonder how old the people will be there :-k I'm actually surprised he would play in Newark rather than just sticking with MSG.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 19 Sep 2017, 14:36

Dr Jeckyll wrote:going to a Paul McCartney show in NJ Monday, pretty excited to see a former beatle even though he's 75 now. i wonder how old the people will be there :-k I'm actually surprised he would play in Newark rather than just sticking with MSG.

Dr. J did you see Greeny there? How was the show? Did Bruce add something to the experience?

IMS, and cheese I guess, I am going to the first Friday of Austin City Limits, who should I see?

https://www.aclfestival.com/wp-www-aclfestival-com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/acl17-900px-w1-by-day-0908.jpg
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 19 Sep 2017, 14:44

Ryan Adams I guess. I don't think you would like any of the first four rows other than him.

Pray that he's sober.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Sep 2017, 15:04

Is that Live with or without Eddie K on the vocals?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 19 Sep 2017, 15:05

Gregs Kite wrote:Is that Live with or without Eddie K on the vocals?

With.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Gregs Kite » 19 Sep 2017, 15:08

the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Is that Live with or without Eddie K on the vocals?

With.

Ouch, billed lower than Rufus Du Sol. How the mighty have fallen.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 19 Sep 2017, 15:19

I like Ryan Adams out of that group. I'd probably witch half hour of Jay Z and bail once I remember that hip hop sucks as live entertainment. I dig that Revivalists album a little bit, but don't think they do anything to have staying power long term.

I've only seen Willie Nelson's kid (Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real) as the backup band for Neil Young a couple of years ago. I'd like to check them out on their own.

Most of the rest of that day's acts I've never heard of or they don't move the needle for me.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 20 Sep 2017, 13:59

mj3528 wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:going to a Paul McCartney show in NJ Monday, pretty excited to see a former beatle even though he's 75 now. i wonder how old the people will be there :-k I'm actually surprised he would play in Newark rather than just sticking with MSG.

Dr. J did you see Greeny there? How was the show? Did Bruce add something to the experience?

IMS, and cheese I guess, I am going to the first Friday of Austin City Limits, who should I see?

https://www.aclfestival.com/wp-www-aclfestival-com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/acl17-900px-w1-by-day-0908.jpg

ha no, i did not see Greeny, I'm assuming he probably went to MSG though, not jersey. bruce was not at the show i went to, that was MSG. it went about as expected, i don't go to many concerts but the GNR show was more fun, this was an older crowd (not surprising obv) and it was a monday so def different than the typical concert experience. PM's got so many songs, the only one i knew he'd play for sure was hey jude. he closed with yesterday. it was a mixture of beatles and wings with a couple songs i never heard before too. the only beatles song he played that wasn't his song was Something, i guess he sticks with songs that he either wrote or sang, makes sense. he's got alot of energy for someone his age, I was glad he visited scenic Newark!
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby chrisco » 02 Oct 2017, 15:31

Looks like I saw Tom Petty's last concert. He finished his tour last Monday night at the Hollywood Bowl. :sniff:

Set list: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tom-pett ... 26924.html

That's a pretty boss 18 song set. The only filler in there was their first song and some extended stuff off Wildflowers.

Kinda hard to pick highlights from the show, but You Don't Know How It Feels, Breakdown, Refugee, and You Wreck Me were my faves.

I hate to admit this, but we were picking up the car from valet when he broke into American Girl. I'm sorry Tom. I wasn't the driver and had to go with the flow.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 02 Oct 2017, 15:32

chrisco wrote:Looks like I saw Tom Petty's last concert. He finished his tour on Monday night at the Hollywood Bowl. :sniff:

Set list: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tom-pett ... 26924.html

That's a pretty boss 18 song set. The only filler in there was their first song and some extended stuff off Wildflowers.

Kinda hard to pick highlights from the show, but You Don't Know How It Feels, Breakdown, Refugee, and You Wreck Me were my faves.

I hate to admit this, but we were picking up the car from valet when he broke into American Girl. I'm sorry Tom. I wasn't the driver and had to go with the flow.

Was Anus the driver. I never understand this? What is it, a 30 minute delay?
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 02 Oct 2017, 15:34

Man, I missed the Oklahoma City show a month ago. I had a ticket that I would have had to pay for and what my friend wanted was too rich for my blood.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby chrisco » 02 Oct 2017, 15:35

3 of the 5 people (myself included) had already seen Tom this summer. Getting out of the Bowl is tough, and we had an 8 AM meeting in the morning with some heavies.

End of the day, the valet stand is basically behind the bowl and I heard the song just fine. Had I been the driver, I would have stuck it out but I'm not making a scene on someone else's dime and time.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 02 Oct 2017, 15:38

chrisco wrote:3 of the 5 people (myself included) had already seen Tom this summer. Getting out of the Bowl is tough, and we had an 8 AM meeting in the morning with some heavies.

End of the day, the valet stand is basically behind the bowl and I heard the song just fine. Had I been the driver, I would have stuck it out but I'm not making a scene on someone else's dime and time.

while your behavior was appropriate, I blame the driver.
Last edited by mj3528 on 02 Oct 2017, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.
mj3528
#QM

Postby the cheese » 02 Oct 2017, 15:38

Wildflowers is great. I love it. That is all.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 09 Oct 2017, 15:17

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I like Ryan Adams out of that group. I'd probably witch half hour of Jay Z and bail once I remember that hip hop sucks as live entertainment. I dig that Revivalists album a little bit, but don't think they do anything to have staying power long term.

I've only seen Willie Nelson's kid (Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real) as the backup band for Neil Young a couple of years ago. I'd like to check them out on their own.

Most of the rest of that day's acts I've never heard of or they don't move the needle for me.

Well, this is who I saw.

Hamilton Leithhauser. He apparently was in a band Wolf, BD and I had never heard of, The Walkmen. He was good. I enjoyed his songs. It was the first act I saw and wasn't even drunk yet.

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real. Not really great, but they did a great cover of Tom Petty's American Girl. It was really fun.

Foster the People. They were ok. The guy talked a lot about Trump. I did not hear their one famous song everyone knows.

Ryan Adams. Man, this guy is boring. We watched #tpt in this outdoor sports bar they set up which was next to where he was playing.

Jay-Z. Actually left #tpt to go watch him. It was as IMS said. Interesting for a little less than 30 minutes. He sang that New York song.
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Music