Re: You Got Concert Tickets

Postby the cheese » 11 May 2017, 09:55

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
jman wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Buffett is here tomorrow. Ran past his trucks on my morning jog. Why does a Jimmy Buffett show need 4 full size tractor trailers? Lotta pyrotechnics during Margaritaville?

He's carrying all show production with him. One could be a gym.....or maybe he has golf carts, a car, motorcycles, or something like that in one or more..
tt

nerf gets it...i never seen buffet but if he has his own PA and lighting that's a truck or two right there

The stadium he's playing is so small (it's for tennis, one center court surrounded by 3 levels of grandstands). Ran by them again this morning and it just seems nuts how much stuff they brought. Like when woman brings 5 bags on a weekend trip.

Is that the one right off I-526? #igoplaces

Landshark Lager takes up a lot of room. Do they even still make Landshark Lager anymore or is that another failed venture?

yeah, previously the Family Circle Tennis Center and now the Volvo Tennis Center.

I think landshark is still around...it is odd to see a cheap american knockoff of a mexican product, isn't it?

I have driven by that tennis center. that seems like an odd place for a concert.

Also, it is odd that Jimmy Buffett is still touring. I remember seeing him at Blossom Music Center in the 80s, UEM knows where I mean, and he seemed old then.

Jimmy is 70 and still married to his wife of like 40 years. He must be doing it for the crew and the ecosystem that built up around his shows. Lotta people eat off of that business.

You know why McCartney and Joel are still touring in their late 60s to 70s - alimony and young new wives are a bitch. The Boss is still touring in part to pay for his daughter's show jumping habit.

The rest of them, cocaine is a helluva drug.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 11 May 2017, 09:59

the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
jman wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Buffett is here tomorrow. Ran past his trucks on my morning jog. Why does a Jimmy Buffett show need 4 full size tractor trailers? Lotta pyrotechnics during Margaritaville?

He's carrying all show production with him. One could be a gym.....or maybe he has golf carts, a car, motorcycles, or something like that in one or more..
tt

nerf gets it...i never seen buffet but if he has his own PA and lighting that's a truck or two right there

The stadium he's playing is so small (it's for tennis, one center court surrounded by 3 levels of grandstands). Ran by them again this morning and it just seems nuts how much stuff they brought. Like when woman brings 5 bags on a weekend trip.

Landshark Lager takes up a lot of room. Do they even still make Landshark Lager anymore or is that another failed venture?

yeah, previously the Family Circle Tennis Center and now the Volvo Tennis Center.

I think landshark is still around...it is odd to see a cheap american knockoff of a mexican product, isn't it?

I have driven by that tennis center. that seems like an odd place for a concert.

Also, it is odd that Jimmy Buffett is still touring. I remember seeing him at Blossom Music Center in the 80s, UEM knows where I mean, and he seemed old then.

Jimmy is 70 and still married to his wife of like 40 years. He must be doing it for the crew and the ecosystem that built up around his shows. Lotta people eat off of that business.

You know why McCartney and Joel are still touring in their late 60s to 70s - alimony and young new wives are a bitch. The Boss is still touring in part to pay for his daughter's show jumping habit.

Billy Joel may be tight on money at times, but no way do McCartney and Springsteen have any financial concerns.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 May 2017, 10:21

Hi.

I'm going to see Everclear next month. Tickets were free from a radio contest.

Sup?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 11 May 2017, 10:21

Gregs Kite wrote:Hi.

Sup?

Nice.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 11 May 2017, 10:23

the cheese wrote:

Sup?

Nice.

I saw Art solo a few years ago and Everclear as part of a 4 act concert last summer. Still puts on a good show. Enjoy!
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby JT99 » 11 May 2017, 10:26

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sup?

Nice.

I saw Art solo a few years ago and Everclear as part of a 4 act concert last summer. Still puts on a good show. Enjoy!

Nope. Not in the Top 100 even [/ims]
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby TheWolf » 11 May 2017, 10:29

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sup?

Nice.

Art, huh? Obviously I'm not a music aficionado, but Everclear does not seem like a band who anyone would know the lead singer's name. Maybe it's just me, but that struck me as funny. :shrugging dude:
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mj3528 » 11 May 2017, 10:30

TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sup?

Nice.

Art, huh? Obviously I'm not a music aficionado, but Everclear does not seem like a band who anyone would know the lead singer's name. Maybe it's just me, but that struck me as funny. :shrugging dude:

I was responding to Kite, and I knew he knew.
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 May 2017, 10:31

JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sup?

Nice.

Nope. Not in the Top 100 even [/ims]

Maybe if he grows a silly beard and sings forlorn, soulful songs in some dilapidated shed we can take him seriously.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 11 May 2017, 10:31

mj3528 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:

Sup?

Nice.

I was responding to Kite, and I knew he knew.

Fair.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 11 May 2017, 10:38

mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
jman wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:

tt

Billy Joel may be tight on money at times, but no way do McCartney and Springsteen have any financial concerns.

This is a good read on the Jimmy Buffet empire:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/busi ... .html?_r=0

That guy moguls.

Huey Lewis still does 300 shows a year and apparently he likes the life, but feeding his people year in and year out is a big motivation.

It wouldn't surprise me if that podunk tennis center is a warm up for his summer shed tour, and that they'll be out on the road from now until October.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 May 2017, 10:47

Huey Lewis is playing LouFest this year. Looking forward to it!

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 11 May 2017, 10:48

How do they know where to slot the ??? bands? What if they get like, the Rolling Stones, you really going to slot them under Weezer? Or the best you can get is Ratt, you're going to put them above Cage the Elephant?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 May 2017, 10:50

They said they have already booked those bands, but because of exclusivity deals, cannot announce them until May 30th. Or something like that.

RATT would definitely be a headliner!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Gregs Kite » 11 May 2017, 10:52

Important to note if Ratt has Stephen Pearcy or not. If so, Headline City, bitches.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Music