You Got Concert Tickets

Re: You Got Concert Tickets

Postby the cheese » 08 May 2017, 09:10

Frank the Tank wrote:
the cheese wrote:May: Silversun Pickups on 5/4 at the Diamond Ballroom. These tickets are free and I liked the band back in 2010-2012 so I figure why not drive out to Del City and drink $5 Modelo tall boys in a barely airconditioned cinder block building. At least it's May and not August.

How was it? I'd pay to see SSPU.

Very good. This venue used to be terrible but they replaced their entire sound system and installed new air conditioning so it wasn't like you were watching a concert inside of a tin can in Africa. The band played good tunes. They played a lot of stuff off the first two albums and enough of the new stuff is good so all-in-all, good investment, would see again.

Surprising number of quality chicks at the show. I was one of the oldest people there by at least a decade.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 08 May 2017, 13:35

Thanks. I've always wanted to see them, but...

the cheese wrote:I was one of the oldest people there by at least a decade.

...that'd be even worse for me so probably will remain content with the studio recordings.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 May 2017, 09:53

@chrisco

RE: Midnight Oil live

I seen the Oils on Sunday. They got an hour or so to play late afternoon.

I only really know the Diesel and Dust & Blue Sky Mining albums and the song Truganini. I probably knew about 40% of the songs in the set. I'm sure many of the songs I didn't know were off of the Earth and Sun and Moon album.

Anyway, they opened with Blue Sky Mine. Great opener. Crowd was pumped. While never the best singer in the world, Peter Garrett lost maybe half a step as he spoke a few lines he would have normally sang. Didn't really detract from the performance. He still has the awesome awkward spastic dance moves. Peter Garrett > Michael Stipe in the battle of awkward front men.

You get a little bit of harmless, left wing snark peppered in his stage patter. No big deal unless you are a snowlfake like Gregs.

They ended the set with a run of Beds Are Burning > Forgotten Years > Dreamworld. I might have put Dreamworld first and then Beds and Forgotten Years.

It was an enjoyable set. Would see them again in a festival setting. Would not pay to see them on their own.

I saw myself on the big screen. Only guy wearing a red jacket. Was about 10-15 people deep from center stage. So I started making bird movements with my hands on the screen whenever I saw myself. It entertained me and my friends wife who was watching with me. I have fun.

-----------------------------------------------

Sturgill Simpson is the mother fucking man. Saw him Sunday night. It was a goddamned religious experience. I had been planning on watching the last hour of the Soundgarden set, but pulled a Costanza and went out on a high note.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Gregs Kite » 09 May 2017, 10:01

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:You get a little bit of harmless, left wing snark peppered in his stage patter. No big deal unless you are a snowlfake like Gregs.

I imagine this pandering fell flat in front of a whole crowd of filthy festival folk. :roll:
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 09 May 2017, 10:11

I think most of it went over people's heads. Maybe they just couldn't understand him because of the accent.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby chrisco » 09 May 2017, 13:55

Thanks for the review IMS. GLO
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 May 2017, 15:28

Buffett is here tomorrow. Ran past his trucks on my morning jog. Why does a Jimmy Buffett show need 4 full size tractor trailers? Lotta pyrotechnics during Margaritaville?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 10 May 2017, 15:40

SouthernYokel wrote:Buffett is here tomorrow. Ran past his trucks on my morning jog. Why does a Jimmy Buffett show need 4 full size tractor trailers? Lotta pyrotechnics during Margaritaville?

One is merch, one is frozen drink machines, one is full of his hobby toys, the last has their gear.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby nerf66 » 10 May 2017, 18:25

SouthernYokel wrote:Buffett is here tomorrow. Ran past his trucks on my morning jog. Why does a Jimmy Buffett show need 4 full size tractor trailers? Lotta pyrotechnics during Margaritaville?

He's carrying all show production with him. One could be a gym.....or maybe he has golf carts, a car, motorcycles, or something like that in one or more..
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby bosux » 10 May 2017, 21:31

nerf66 wrote:

He's carrying all show production with him. One could be a gym.....or maybe he has golf carts, a car, motorcycles, or something like that in one or more..
tt

nerf gets it...i never seen buffet but if he has his own PA and lighting that's a truck or two right there
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 May 2017, 09:14

bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:

tt

nerf gets it...i never seen buffet but if he has his own PA and lighting that's a truck or two right there

The stadium he's playing is so small (it's for tennis, one center court surrounded by 3 levels of grandstands). Ran by them again this morning and it just seems nuts how much stuff they brought. Like when woman brings 5 bags on a weekend trip.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby jman » 11 May 2017, 09:30

SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:

tt

The stadium he's playing is so small (it's for tennis, one center court surrounded by 3 levels of grandstands). Ran by them again this morning and it just seems nuts how much stuff they brought. Like when woman brings 5 bags on a weekend trip.

Is that the one right off I-526? #igoplaces

Landshark Lager takes up a lot of room. Do they even still make Landshark Lager anymore or is that another failed venture?
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 May 2017, 09:38

jman wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:

tt

Landshark Lager takes up a lot of room. Do they even still make Landshark Lager anymore or is that another failed venture?

yeah, previously the Family Circle Tennis Center and now the Volvo Tennis Center.

I think landshark is still around...it is odd to see a cheap american knockoff of a mexican product, isn't it?
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 11 May 2017, 09:51

SouthernYokel wrote:
jman wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:

tt

yeah, previously the Family Circle Tennis Center and now the Volvo Tennis Center.

I think landshark is still around...it is odd to see a cheap american knockoff of a mexican product, isn't it?

I have driven by that tennis center. that seems like an odd place for a concert.

Also, it is odd that Jimmy Buffett is still touring. I remember seeing him at Blossom Music Center in the 80s, UEM knows where I mean, and he seemed old then.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby JT99 » 11 May 2017, 09:53

I can confirm
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

PreviousNext

Return to Music