You Got Concert Tickets

Re: You Got Concert Tickets

Postby Rodney Farva » 14 Mar 2017, 08:00

bosux wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
chrisco wrote:Think I mentioned somewhere that I'm seeing Chic at a corporate gig in a couple weeks. Peeped their live album and was excited to see they play the Diana Ross hits that Niles wrote for her.

this sounds like it will be a lot of fun if people will get the sticks out of the asses and let loose. lots of hits. is niles performing with them?

isnt he dead?

i think he has been Fighting the Cancer
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 22 Mar 2017, 07:56

Bought tickets to see Brian Wilson do "Pet Sounds".

Pros: See the best album of the 60s performed live

Cons: Have to go to Lynn, MA to see it. Better make sure I'm strapped. :/
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 22 Mar 2017, 08:26

I talked to a couple of people that saw it and they said it was an amazing show.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Mar 2017, 10:42

i would like to see that show
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 23 Mar 2017, 10:03

Do they let Brian out of the house though? And by they I mean the voices in his head.

That would be pretty fucking sweet though. Reminds me of Van Morrison doing Astral Weeks at the Hollywood Bowl.

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby nerf66 » 29 Apr 2017, 23:46

Alright. Nothing about Fyre Fest. I'm not surprised, I just heard about it yesterday and was seeing news on it today.

To make a long story short, Ja Rule and some 25 year old white kid named Billy McFarland marketed an sold tickets to a festival in the Bahamas. It was billed as a LUXURY music festival on a private island once owned by Pablo Escabar. Ultimately it was on an island in the bahamas next to a sandals and they were WOEFULLY under prepared. Tickets were allegedly $12,000 - $125,000. Peeps showed up to Fema tents and one or two port-a-pottys. Amazing.

https://www.fyrefestival.com

Best article. This was written by a person who worked for the festival and immediately recognized the disfunction

No big deal. Before the event took place, organizers warned their celeb friends not to show up

Fyre Fest Promotional Video

Random Report

Ja Rule Toasts staff before Fyre Fest

Event organizer Billy McFarland Admits Trouble
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby God Shamgod » 30 Apr 2017, 08:18

This is one of my favorite stories ever. So much to digest here. I've read a ton on it to get the scoop for you guys.

-Ja Rule in 2017. Guess he's trying to make back all that loot he lost by passing on the recurring Fast and Furious role.
-All these dopes attending because it was promoted by instagram hookers errr "influencers" which is a term I just became aware of. -
-The "eco friendlly luxury geodesic domes" being FEMA tents.
-The "gourmet celebrity chef meals" being jail sandwiches.
-Blink 182 in 2017? This is what moves this needle for millenials now or was this just a bunch of dudes thinking they were going to fuck instagram models on the beach?
-This "private island" apparently has several 4/5 star resorts and a golf course that hosted a PGA event in January within a mile of the festival area. Maybe just walk to the non festival areas instead of pretending your stuck in a refugee camp.
-To answer my last question, apparently all the hotels on the island were booked because the organizers decided to have it the one weekend a year where everything is booked in advance for a regatta.
-Also, the reason the section of island where the festival was supposed to be isn't developed is because apparently there is a rampant shark problem.
-The 12k-100k numbers seem to be a bunch of BS. The consensus is that most paid 500-1500. Which makes me wonder what kind of idiot would expect a full luxury models and bottles private island party weekend with Blink 182 on Ja Rule for that much? Also, a google search would reveal that people have been saying this would be a total clusterfuck for months.
-I still can't decide if this was a just a total scam or these guys were just morons way over their head. Where did the money go? How many people paid? If the lower figures are accurate, I bet it's all gone on the minimal infrastructure they purchased, the flights they ran from MIami, and paying the IG skanks to promote the show and cocaine.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Apr 2017, 15:27

Everyone involved in this, including attendees, are just a bunch of aholes. I'm cheering that this happened.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 02 May 2017, 07:11

Gregs Kite wrote:Bought tickets to see Brian Wilson do "Pet Sounds".

Pros: See the best album of the 60s performed live

Cons: Have to go to Lynn, MA to see it. Better make sure I'm strapped. :/

Show was awesome. Brian is a lunatic. After "God Only Knows" crowd gave a standing O and he yelled at us to sit down. Dude was taking no shit. Kept checking his watch near the end, too, clearly anxious to get the eff out of Lynn, MA. Old dudes are the best.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby the cheese » 02 May 2017, 10:54

Nice.

Got a half full slate of terrible bands for y'all to make fun of this summer:
May: Silversun Pickups on 5/4 at the Diamond Ballroom. These tickets are free and I liked the band back in 2010-2012 so I figure why not drive out to Del City and drink $5 Modelo tall boys in a barely airconditioned cinder block building. At least it's May and not August.
June: Former Theny favorite Modest Mouse at the aforementioned Diamond Ballroom. Again, free tickets.
August: Matchbox 20 and Counting Crows at the OKC Zoo Ampitheater.
September: Cold War Kids and Young the Giant at a 4K seat venue in Oklahoma City.
October: Kings of Leon and Dawes at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in OKC.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby chrisco » 02 May 2017, 12:14

I'm seeing noted Heartbreaker, Tom Petty at Forest Hills this summer. Great venue as long as the thunderstorms are not rolling through.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby the cheese » 02 May 2017, 12:34

chrisco wrote:I'm seeing noted Heartbreaker, Tom Petty at Forest Hills this summer. Great venue as long as the thunderstorms are not rolling through.

Saw TP&tH's last week. Tight set. Would recommend.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby jman » 02 May 2017, 12:36

the cheese wrote:Nice.

May: Silversun Pickups on 5/4 at the Diamond Ballroom. These tickets are free and I liked the band back in 2010-2012 so I figure why not drive out to Del City and drink $5 Modelo tall boys in a barely airconditioned cinder block building. At least it's May and not August.
June: Former Theny favorite Modest Mouse at the aforementioned Diamond Ballroom. Again, free tickets.
September: Cold War Kids and Young the Giant at a 4K seat venue in Oklahoma City.

seen Counting Crows a couple of years ago. Good show, though Duritz is hard to keep up with sometimes.

Might see John Mellencamp this summer. Can't get much more midwest than that.
jman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby mj3528 » 02 May 2017, 12:37

jman wrote:
the cheese wrote:Nice.

seen Counting Crows a couple of years ago. Good show, though Duritz is hard to keep up with sometimes.

Might see John Mellencamp this summer. Can't get much more midwest than that.

I saw counting crows a few years ago in a small venue. Maybe 500 people. Fun show
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby Frank the Tank » 07 May 2017, 13:38

the cheese wrote:May: Silversun Pickups on 5/4 at the Diamond Ballroom. These tickets are free and I liked the band back in 2010-2012 so I figure why not drive out to Del City and drink $5 Modelo tall boys in a barely airconditioned cinder block building. At least it's May and not August.

How was it? I'd pay to see SSPU.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Music