You Got Concert Tickets

Re: You Got Concert Tickets

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 May 2017, 10:52

Oh yeah. Forgot he tours on his own. Hey, if GnR can get back together...
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 11 May 2017, 10:57

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Oh yeah. Forgot he tours on his own. Hey, if GnR can get back together...

What do you do at these music festivals? Do you , like, dance and such? Maybe get an iced tea?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby the cheese » 11 May 2017, 11:03

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Oh yeah. Forgot he tours on his own. Hey, if GnR can get back together...

What do you do at these music festivals? Do you , like, dance and such? Maybe get an iced tea?

Mike stands by the sound table in the middle of the floor with his arms crossed over his chest. If he really like the show he will nod his head almost imperceptibly in time with the music.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby mj3528 » 11 May 2017, 11:05

the cheese wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:

Mike stands by the sound table in the middle of the floor with his arms crossed over his chest. If he really like the show he will nod his head almost imperceptibly in time with the music.

IMS caught on hidden camera enjoying a music festival act:

2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby jman » 11 May 2017, 11:10

chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
the cheese wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
jman wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
bosux wrote:
nerf66 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Buffett is here tomorrow. Ran past his trucks on my morning jog. Why does a Jimmy Buffett show need 4 full size tractor trailers? Lotta pyrotechnics during Margaritaville?

He's carrying all show production with him. One could be a gym.....or maybe he has golf carts, a car, motorcycles, or something like that in one or more..
tt

nerf gets it...i never seen buffet but if he has his own PA and lighting that's a truck or two right there

The stadium he's playing is so small (it's for tennis, one center court surrounded by 3 levels of grandstands). Ran by them again this morning and it just seems nuts how much stuff they brought. Like when woman brings 5 bags on a weekend trip.

Is that the one right off I-526? #igoplaces

Landshark Lager takes up a lot of room. Do they even still make Landshark Lager anymore or is that another failed venture?

yeah, previously the Family Circle Tennis Center and now the Volvo Tennis Center.

I think landshark is still around...it is odd to see a cheap american knockoff of a mexican product, isn't it?

I have driven by that tennis center. that seems like an odd place for a concert.

Also, it is odd that Jimmy Buffett is still touring. I remember seeing him at Blossom Music Center in the 80s, UEM knows where I mean, and he seemed old then.

Jimmy is 70 and still married to his wife of like 40 years. He must be doing it for the crew and the ecosystem that built up around his shows. Lotta people eat off of that business.

You know why McCartney and Joel are still touring in their late 60s to 70s - alimony and young new wives are a bitch. The Boss is still touring in part to pay for his daughter's show jumping habit.

The rest of them, cocaine is a helluva drug.

Billy Joel may be tight on money at times, but no way do McCartney and Springsteen have any financial concerns.

This is a good read on the Jimmy Buffet empire:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/04/24/busi ... .html?_r=0

That guy moguls.

Huey Lewis still does 300 shows a year and apparently he likes the life, but feeding his people year in and year out is a big motivation.

It wouldn't surprise me if that podunk tennis center is a warm up for his summer shed tour, and that they'll be out on the road from now until October.

Buffett plays large venues near Chicago every year (Alpine Valley holds 25K+ and he's playing Wrigley this year). But friends of mine have seen him in Des Moines at a small joint that they walked down the street to get there and on the beach in the Hamptons or some shit. I don't think he warms up anywhere.
jman
Bruce Dickinson

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 May 2017, 14:06

jman wrote:Buffett plays large venues near Chicago every year (Alpine Valley holds 25K+ and he's playing Wrigley this year). But friends of mine have seen him in Des Moines at a small joint that they walked down the street to get there and on the beach in the Hamptons or some shit. I don't think he warms up anywhere.

His band was warming up yesterday evening, i could hear it from the bar!
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 12:24

I saw Metallica on Friday. I enjoyed it!

- I got down there at about 540 PM. Meant to get down there by 5.
- Met my buddy, and we were going to a tailgate with some dude he knows. I brought a bottle of Jack to give to the tailgate organizer. But the guy we were gonna meet was still an hour away, so we didn't tailgate.
- I bummed a solo cup off some other tailgate, and poured a very stiff jack drink for myself, and left them the rest of the bottle. We then dicked around and walked into the stadium around 630 or 7.
- One of the warmup acts cancelled bc one of the band members dunce's had a kid that day. That was good, imo. Meant that Metallica was going on at 845 instead of 930 or 10. The band that cancelled was Avenged SevenFold. We still got to see Volbeat, which was whatever. And MixMaster Mike spinning some beats.
- We had standing room seats on the field. This was at The Linc. I was maybe 25-30 yards from stage.
- Before Metallica, I went to the restroom area, which was like 20 port o johns inside the locker room tunnel, and a long ass line. I waited the 15 or so mins to get to the front of the line and these 2 jackasses cut the whole line and tried to go ahead of me. You know I'm tough, so I grabbed one of them on the arm, getting both there attentions, and was like what the fuck are you doing? Theres a line.
- I tinkle, come out and i see them in the front of the line. They didnt go to the back! So again, I said what the fuck is wrong with you guys. Again, im really tough. Nothing came of it. But i told my buddy I may need him to beat up 2 guys at some point.
- I drank 2 25 OZ Bud Heavies during the show. The show was awesome. They were better than Guns, but that may just be because we were closer to the stage? And I was less blackout? And there were some woman near us that we conversed with a little. And some not-good chick had her b00bs in my back the whole time, which was great actually. I dont know. Both good shows.
- We went to a bar in Philly afterwards for like 30 mins. Some 48 year old dope started talking GOAT QBs with us. It was annoying so we left. Then he drove me home.
- I did not con with bo. Because he was scared. Scared to sign with the Celtics.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 May 2017, 13:29

Did they play "Hero of the Day"? I love that song.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 May 2017, 15:12

Gregs Kite wrote:Did they play "Hero of the Day"? I love that song.

I dont think so.

I dont think they played anything off the Load albums, which I believe that to be a part of? Maybe?

The Ecstasy of Gold (Ennio Morricone song)
Hardwired
Atlas, Rise!
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Creeping Death
The Unforgiven
Now That We're Dead
Moth Into Flame
Wherever I May Roam
Halo on Fire
Motorbreath
Sad but True
One
Master of Puppets
Fade to Black
Seek & Destroy

Encore:
Battery
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 May 2017, 15:35

wow that's a long setlist. i would have been really ready for master of puppets by the time they got to it. sounds like fun. i would not have spoken up to the piss cutters, congrats on being a man.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 May 2017, 10:14

The missus just got us tickets for Beck. In August.

Well played, lady. Well played.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 May 2017, 10:15

MisterTambourineMan wrote:The missus

Have you planned how you're going to pop the question?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Gregs Kite » 31 May 2017, 10:16

Hey Balls, hey.

I got Bill Burr tickets.

He's a comedian that has comedy shows on Netflix. Sup?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 31 May 2017, 10:20

CourtesyFlush wrote:

Immediately after I complete the Paris marathon.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby CourtesyFlush » 31 May 2017, 10:20

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Immediately after I complete the Paris marathon.

:lol:
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Music