Now Playing on the Cranial Jukebox

Now Playing on the Cranial Jukebox

Postby Rodney Farva » 26 May 2005, 02:48

We all know what it's like having a song stuck in your head. Especially a crappy one that you would never make a conscious decision to listen to. Sometimes you hear a snippet of it somewhere, or you hear someone say something that reminds you of the lyric, or your douchebag roommie with the horrible taste in music won't turn his shit down.

So share your piain and unburden your heavy load (heh). Maybe some kind of cathartic release will happen and forever erase "Ice Ice Baby" from your Sony Brainman.

Today I am suffering through "I Like Dreamin'" by Kenny Nolan, particularly the "Ooohhhhh, sweet dream baby, I....love you" section. I have no idea how it got there. All I know is I want to die as a result. Demons, be gone.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 26 May 2005, 08:14

The song that I've had in my head for approximately thirty years now is the Heat Miser/Cold Miser song from The Year Without a Santa Claus. That cheesy song plus the hilarious stop-motion animation of the Miser Brothers singing with their little mini-me backup singers cracks me up every time.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby sportsdorkhater » 26 May 2005, 08:34

Frank the Tank wrote:The song that I've had in my head for approximately thirty years now is the Heat Miser/Cold Miser song from The Year Without a Santa Claus. That cheesy song plus the hilarious stop-motion animation of the Miser Brothers singing with their little mini-me backup singers cracks me up every time.

frank i suffered the same affliction for a long time as well as one of the songs from "santa clause is coming to town". thankfully, i am no longer dealing with that but it stuck with me through high school and most of college
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 26 May 2005, 10:34

The guy that I work with (he retires in June) likes the 4 Tops so I get that stuck in my head all the freaking time.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mister bacon » 26 May 2005, 10:55

Do you work with a 60 year old black dude?
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 26 May 2005, 10:58

mister bacon wrote:Do you work with a 60 year old black dude?

Nope 60 year old white guy
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mister bacon » 26 May 2005, 11:08

Ahh yes, you live in Maine.. I forgot.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JohnnyDamon » 26 May 2005, 14:55

I have Hellhound on My Trail stuck in my head. Need to get it out, even though I love Robert Johnson.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 26 May 2005, 15:30

I have some ugly Simple Plan song stuck in my head.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Big Scary Monster » 27 May 2005, 13:50

Every time I read a post from Scoring Machine, I end up with Private Eyes stuck in my head for several hours.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Snake » 27 May 2005, 16:09

One song I get stuck in my head all the time partly because I don't know what it's called, who it's by, or the rest of the song beyond the chorus is that song that goes "How do you do it?/Make me feel like I do/How do you do it?/It's better than I ever knew." Also at this moment Down on the Corner by Creedence Clearwater Revival.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 May 2005, 20:16

I have a French Canadian pop song stuck in my head from a 1992 road trip to Ottawa. We drove from Boston to Ottawa late at night to catch a Senators/Whalers game (ah, the joys of being a stupid college kid). Driving through backwater Quebec we were listening to a French station that had this catchy pop/dance thing where the main chorus was something like "on n'y sait qui on n'y va, ah!". We were a super-tired after not having slept in 24 hours, so we're not at all sure we remembered the words right. I've tried to Google it in the years that followed but I've never been successful since I can't accurately recreate any of the lyrics. It's probably warped so much in my head that it's no longer anything like the actual tune.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Magnum » 27 May 2005, 23:29

milkshake...thanks rickey :x
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby fatty » 27 May 2005, 23:36

Magnum wrote:milkshake...thanks rickey :x

You can try one, but I'll have to charge :-D
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby Snake » 28 May 2005, 00:04

Damn you all. That song is going to drive me nuts.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Next

Return to Music