You Got Concert Tickets

Re: You Got Concert Tickets

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Oct 2017, 16:31

I seen Ryan Adams a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the set, but he had an epic meltdown early in the show over some dude using a flash on his camera. Apparently he has some condition where flashing lights can cause him seizures. Or so he and his manager claim. Stopped the show for several minutes to berate the guy and then continued the show as if nothing had happened
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TheWolf » 12 Oct 2017, 16:39

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I seen Ryan Adams a couple of weeks ago. I enjoyed the set, but he had an epic meltdown early in the show over some dude using a flash on his camera. Apparently he has some condition where flashing lights can cause him seizures. Or so he and his manager claim. Stopped the show for several minutes to berate the guy and then continued the show as if nothing had happened

I don't know shot about shit. But if flashing lights give you seizures, touring musician seems like a dangerous career choice.

I assume he didn't choose music though. Music chose him, man. Or something. That sounds like something a music person might say. What was I talking about?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Oct 2017, 16:42

Yeah, I wondered how he can be up there with the stage lighting but camera flashes fuck him up. But his tour manager came onstage before the show and gave a big lecture about his condition and had everyone turn off their flashes.

I think maybe he should perform behind a two-way mirror, so we can see him, but he can't see the audience.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 12 Oct 2017, 21:04

mj3528 wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I like Ryan Adams out of that group. I'd probably witch half hour of Jay Z and bail once I remember that hip hop sucks as live entertainment. I dig that Revivalists album a little bit, but don't think they do anything to have staying power long term.

I've only seen Willie Nelson's kid (Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real) as the backup band for Neil Young a couple of years ago. I'd like to check them out on their own.

Most of the rest of that day's acts I've never heard of or they don't move the needle for me.

Well, this is who I saw.

Hamilton Leithhauser. He apparently was in a band Wolf, BD and I had never heard of, The Walkmen. He was good. I enjoyed his songs. It was the first act I saw and wasn't even drunk yet.

Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real. Not really great, but they did a great cover of Tom Petty's American Girl. It was really fun.

Foster the People. They were ok. The guy talked a lot about Trump. I did not hear their one famous song everyone knows.

Ryan Adams. Man, this guy is boring. We watched #tpt in this outdoor sports bar they set up which was next to where he was playing.

Jay-Z. Actually left #tpt to go watch him. It was as IMS said. Interesting for a little less than 30 minutes. He sang that New York song.

I really like three Walkmen songs. That’s it. Ryan Adams being boring is not surprising, since 2/3 of his catalogue is incredibly boring.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » Yesterday, 14:38

Friday 3/2/18: Weird Al Yankovic at Foxwoods, 8pm
Saturday 3/3/18: Hamilton on Broadway, 2pm
Sunday 3/4/18: retire from listening to music since it can only go downhill from there
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » Yesterday, 23:11

Frank the Tank wrote:Friday 3/2/18: Weird Al Yankovic at Foxwoods, 8pm
Saturday 3/3/18: Hamilton on Broadway, 2pm
Sunday 3/4/18: retire from listening to music since it can only go downhill from there

You could always roadtrip to see this:

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/john ... 202562978/
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Previous

Return to Music