Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 10:29

Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I have to be honest, #s... I absolutely LOVED the detail that your wife paid for this wine. Kite knows what I mean.

I'm glad you sort of enjoyed the wine, though. Looks like we can put this Drew Bledsoe mystery to bed.

Please tell me how you ascertained he actually sort of enjoyed this wine? Because I cannot decipher it, at all.

This was the one sentence I picked out:

It was a good wine, but not great and there are certainly better alternatives at that price point.

Good, not great = sort of enjoyed, as far as I'm concerned.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Feb 2018, 10:32

TheWolf wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I have to be honest, #s... I absolutely LOVED the detail that your wife paid for this wine. Kite knows what I mean.

I'm glad you sort of enjoyed the wine, though. Looks like we can put this Drew Bledsoe mystery to bed.

Please tell me how you ascertained he actually sort of enjoyed this wine? Because I cannot decipher it, at all.

This was the one sentence I picked out:

It was a good wine, but not great and there are certainly better alternatives at that price point.

Good, not great = sort of enjoyed, as far as I'm concerned.

Hey, fair enough!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 13 Feb 2018, 17:50

Been awhile since I thought of Stone. I used to really like their Smoked Porter and a couple other beers. Feel like they got left behind.

Anyways, they are suing Coors for well this:

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-s ... story.html
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 13 Feb 2018, 18:32

chrisco wrote:Been awhile since I thought of Stone. I used to really like their Smoked Porter and a couple other beers. Feel like they got left behind.

I do not agree with this statement from Coors:

"Since Keystone's debut in 1989, prior to the founding of Stone Brewing in 1996, our consumers have commonly used 'Stone' to refer to the Keystone brand," MillerCoors spokesman Marty Maloney said in a statement. "We will let the facts speak for themselves in the legal process."
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby TheWolf » 13 Feb 2018, 19:01

mj3528 wrote:
chrisco wrote:Been awhile since I thought of Stone. I used to really like their Smoked Porter and a couple other beers. Feel like they got left behind.

"Since Keystone's debut in 1989, prior to the founding of Stone Brewing in 1996, our consumers have commonly used 'Stone' to refer to the Keystone brand," MillerCoors spokesman Marty Maloney said in a statement. "We will let the facts speak for themselves in the legal process."

I didn't drink in 1989, but I've called them 'Stones since at least 1999.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Feb 2018, 19:10

TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Considering the dispute over the Budweiser name has been going on for over a century, I doubt Stone will get an injunction or a settlement anytime soon. I do like their IPA doe.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 13 Feb 2018, 19:23

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Considering the dispute over the Budweiser name has been going on for over a century, I doubt Stone will get an injunction or a settlement anytime soon. I do like their IPA doe.

I'm not sure you want to drag your czechia beef into the world of US trademark law.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Feb 2018, 19:34

chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I'm not sure you want to drag your czechia beef into the world of US trademark law.

I will drag my czechia beef wherever I please, TYVM. Besides, I'm pretty sure US trademark law has been at least a factor in this legal scrape.

Either way, my completely uninformed opinion is that Stone doesn't have a chance with this suit, and you have some nerve to question that.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 13 Feb 2018, 19:46

Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I will drag my czechia beef wherever I please, TYVM. Besides, I'm pretty sure US trademark law has been at least a factor in this legal scrape.

Either way, my completely uninformed opinion is that Stone doesn't have a chance with this suit, and you have some nerve to question that.

I'll have you know that I took NetDerpo to a draw in a trademark dispute. I've got a journeyman's level of knowledge on this.

ETA: Oh and I forgot that a took a W from Jimmy Haslem's truck stop competitor with a great right to coexist (term?) agreement.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dthefritz » 13 Feb 2018, 19:50

chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

I'll have you know that I took NetDerpo to a draw in a trademark dispute. I've got a journeyman's level of knowledge on this.

OK, so as a...journeyman...do you think they have a chance to win this case?
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby chrisco » 13 Feb 2018, 19:52

Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

OK, so as a...journeyman...do you think they have a chance to win this case?

So my ETA above. I'm like a senior journeyman here. My feeling is that if you own the mark for the same class and there's a clear intent to confuse then you got it.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 15 Feb 2018, 10:07

Unfortunately this post is about drinking. Sorry for posting in such an inappropriate thread.

I realized last night that my wife is completely oblivious to how much I drink. Tuesday night after the kids went to bed, I had a bourbon with my dad. She didn't say anything about it, but when I asked if she wanted anything to drink, her "no" came across as "no, it's Tuesday night. Why the fuck would anyone be drinking?" Anyway, last night I made the mistake of mentioning that I might be catching whatever Pup 2 had a couple days ago, because I wasn't feeling great for most of the day. That led to this exchange:

Her: Maybe because you were drinking hard alcohol on a weeknight.
Me: I had one drink.
Her: Yeah, but there was like 3 shots in there.

It was at least 4 shots, but who's counting? And does she think 3 drinks in one night would give me an all-day hangover or something? I was legitimately baffled by this. I have 3 drinks almost every night, and I drink whiskey probably 3-4 times a week. I don't think I'm usually trying to hide it from her. How can she have no idea that this was not an isolated incident?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Theny » 15 Feb 2018, 10:09

TheWolf wrote:Unfortunately this post is about drinking. Sorry for posting in such an inappropriate thread.

I realized last night that my wife is completely oblivious to how much I drink. Tuesday night after the kids went to bed, I had a bourbon with my dad. She didn't say anything about it, but when I asked if she wanted anything to drink, her "no" came across as "no, it's Tuesday night. Why the fuck would anyone be drinking?" Anyway, last night I made the mistake of mentioning that I might be catching whatever Pup 2 had a couple days ago, because I wasn't feeling great for most of the day. That led to this exchange:

It was at least 4 shots, but who's counting? And does she think 3 drinks in one night would give me an all-day hangover or something? I was legitimately baffled by this. I have 3 drinks almost every night, and I drink whiskey probably 3-4 times a week. I don't think I'm usually trying to hide it from her. How can she have no idea that this was not an isolated incident?

Just call it your coping medication, that'll show her.

I sometimes wonder this too, my wife never says anything about my drinking.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Gregs Kite » 15 Feb 2018, 10:11

Theny wrote:
TheWolf wrote:Unfortunately this post is about drinking. Sorry for posting in such an inappropriate thread.

Just call it your coping medication, that'll show her.

I sometimes wonder this too, my wife never says anything about my drinking.

Yeah, but you drink lady drinks.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mj3528 » 15 Feb 2018, 10:19

She pays no attention to you or what you are doing.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.