Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 25 Jan 2018, 12:54

SouthernYokel wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I hate the skinny cans that don't fit in cup holders. Looking at you, Red Bull.

Mich ultra makes it so hard to drink and drive.

I also thought the new coke branding was dumb. They're losing share to bubbly water, water with enhancements, regular water, and energy drinks. Not to other sodas. Why are you making more sodas in different cans?

trying to disguise the can as a red bull alternate
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby BigJohnStudd » 25 Jan 2018, 13:16

Frank the Tank wrote:Technically the proper thread, but this post will disappoint everyone except maybe cheese.

Diet Coke was losing a lot of ground in the marketplace, so they’re repositioning Diet Coke to “appeal more to Millenials”. Apparently they think Millenials will be attracted more to stupid flavors in cans that don’t fit right in cupholders.

Whenever you go to a place with a Coke Freestyle machine (like Five Guys, where you have the touchscreen that allows you to create whatever fucking flavor of soda you want from like a couple hundred options? that one...) I like making cherry Diet Cokes, so I decided I’d try the Feisty Cherry. TiVo knows I’m not gonna respect a docile beverage, so thankfully I can feel like a Feisty one is better representation of what I want to drink in 2018 as an empowered woman. They showed up at the local grocery store, so I bought an eight-pack of the Feisty Cherry and tried one once they had time to properly chill. Guh. It’s garbage. Kind of tart. Too much feisty. Too little cherry. Hard pass. Not really interested in even trying the other flavors (or at least paying to try them) so I’ll just stick to regular Diet Coke. Thankfully the regular stuff they’re intending to still sell in the usual 12-ounce can shape so I can drive safely with one in my car. I just hope they don’t ruin the Coke Freestyle cherry flavors now.

I assumed these were going to be shitty sparkling waters, like La Croix. They're actually flavored colas, huh? I bet they'd make more money on shitty sparkling waters. Those things are huge around here.

Also "Feisty Cherry" would be a good nickname for a girl who teases you but won't give it up.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Jan 2018, 13:18

I do not want that Blood soda.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jan 2018, 13:51

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I do not want that Blood soda.

But it’s Zesty Blood!
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Jew Jitsu » 25 Jan 2018, 15:44

I had an sparkling Aquafina with berry flavor in Florida for Christmas and thatthing was disgusting. They dialed up the carbonation to a 15 so you could only take a sip at a time. Hard pass sons, if you do see it in your grocery store.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Jan 2018, 15:47

Jew Jitsu wrote:I had an sparkling Aquafina with berry flavor in Florida for Christmas and thatthing was disgusting. They dialed up the carbonation to a 15 so you could only take a sip at a time. Hard pass sons, if you do see it in your grocery store.

Also, aquafina is Columbia SC tap water they run through a filter so...nah
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Jew Jitsu » 25 Jan 2018, 15:50

Good to know for the future.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby mister bacon » 25 Jan 2018, 16:13

Someone on Twitter the other day said la coix tastes like drinking a club soda while someone yells the name of a fruit from the other room. accurate.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BigJohnStudd » 25 Jan 2018, 18:46

SouthernYokel wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:I had an sparkling Aquafina with berry flavor in Florida for Christmas and thatthing was disgusting. They dialed up the carbonation to a 15 so you could only take a sip at a time. Hard pass sons, if you do see it in your grocery store.

Also, aquafina is Columbia SC tap water they run through a filter so...nah

I'd tap it.
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby mj3528 » 01 Feb 2018, 10:57

I had a 'sco moment last night when I finished the last rye I had available, no beer in the fridge, so I had to scrounge for one more drink. I settled on this:

This tequila is owned by a couple from my old town of Draper, Utah. It was quite pleasant drinking it straight. Strong recommend if you see it around and want to tequila goon it up a bit.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby chrisco » 01 Feb 2018, 14:48

mj3528 wrote:I had a 'sco moment last night when I finished the last rye I had available, no beer in the fridge, so I had to scrounge for one more drink. I settled on this:

This tequila is owned by a couple from my old town of Draper, Utah. It was quite pleasant drinking it straight. Strong recommend if you see it around and want to tequila goon it up a bit.

Neat or rocks with some lime?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby mj3528 » 01 Feb 2018, 14:50

chrisco wrote:
mj3528 wrote:I had a 'sco moment last night when I finished the last rye I had available, no beer in the fridge, so I had to scrounge for one more drink. I settled on this:

Neat or rocks with some lime?

I had it neat. a lime might have been a nice touch, but I did not have one.
mj3528
#QM

Postby mj3528 » 12 Feb 2018, 10:13

the Utah DABC must come here. Because I stopped at the liquor store on the way to dinner the other night to bring a bottle of wine. And what was there:

This wine has been brought up in the shout box recently, and I have never had it. So this was all very exciting, so I purchased it. (Actually, I requested that my ex-wife purchase it as she was meeting some clients, and she could expense it. Even more exciting)

At any rate, it was about $85 a bottle. It was a good wine, but not great and there are certainly better alternatives at that price point. Its finish is not really to my liking. It has kind of a dull, earthy flavor at the end. It is worth trying, but for the price is not worth purchasing regularly.

Thank you, Drew.
Last edited by mj3528 on 12 Feb 2018, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
mj3528
#QM

Postby TheWolf » 12 Feb 2018, 10:22

I have to be honest, #s... I absolutely LOVED the detail that your wife paid for this wine. Kite knows what I mean.

I'm glad you sort of enjoyed the wine, though. Looks like we can put this Drew Bledsoe mystery to bed.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 12 Feb 2018, 10:25

TheWolf wrote:I have to be honest, #s... I absolutely LOVED the detail that your wife paid for this wine. Kite knows what I mean.

I'm glad you sort of enjoyed the wine, though. Looks like we can put this Drew Bledsoe mystery to bed.

Please tell me how you ascertained he actually sort of enjoyed this wine? Because I cannot decipher it, at all.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.