Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Jan 2018, 18:11

Theny wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I been drinking cafe Bustelo at home for the last couple weeks instead of my usual Dunkin regular grind. It's strong and kind of smells odd. But I like it a lot. Anyway, I was under the impression that it was authentic Cuban. I just read that it is owned by the Smuckers corporation. So like, the least authentic it could possibly be. Anyway, still like it, just don't believe I am part cubano anymore.

ETA to be clear to dtf should he read this, I mean authentic Cuban like Miami, I am aware we still have a trade embargo

Well if it makes you feel better all my in laws drink Bustelo.

Funny you should mention in a cafe Bustelo post, Yokel. Not only do I enjoy 5-6 cups of this lovely beverage per workday, I actually know the backstory! It was started by Cuban refugees in Miami, and then the family sold it to Smuckers some point. Every Dominican, Puerto Rican and Cuban I know drinks the stuff, and it's widely sold down in the islands. I'd say it's authentic.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Jan 2018, 06:11

Had an O’Haras Irish Pale Ale (on tap). Similar to Smithwicks or Kilkenny though not quite so creamy. Very good, would have again.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Gregs Kite » 16 Jan 2018, 08:50

Do you have a beer goon acquaintance that you like giving the business to? Well, here are some terms to use when you're trying to be clever and win Ace Awards and stuff.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 19 Jan 2018, 10:07

beer goons, tyia for doing your part to maga: https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2018/01/craft-beer-industry/550850/

eta: not sure why i said "tyia". i meant TY :P
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby mj3528 » 23 Jan 2018, 18:11

JT99 wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
JT99 wrote:
mj3528 wrote:From Drew's funbag today:

You’re at some party and all they have is a couple coolers stocked with only standard crappy American Big Brews: Bud, Bud Light, Miller Lite, High Life, Coors, Coors Lite, you get the picture. Which do you drink and why?

Coors Lite
Bud Light (interchangeable with first)
Coors
Bud
Miller Lite
High Life

I am honestly perturbed that somebody would pick coors lite over coors original.

Ha! Good one, man.

It appears that you would be perturbed at most of the citizens of the United States, which frankly seems right for you:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/budweiser-falls-from-top-three-us-beer-favorites/ar-AAv4UoK?li=BBnb7Kz

Miller Lite has supplanted Budweiser as the No. 3 favorite beer, behind No. 1 Bud Light and No. 2 Coors Light, according to 2017 estimates from the trade publication, which has tracked the industry for more than 40 years.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Jan 2018, 18:14

Had the 2018 Hopslam tonight. It's still good! It is, as you may guess, a bit hoppy.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Theny » 23 Jan 2018, 18:27

Briandong79 wrote:Had the 2018 Hopslam tonight. It's still good! It is, as you may guess, a bit hoppy.

Been buying that stuff for years
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby TheWolf » 23 Jan 2018, 18:42

Briandong79 wrote:Had the 2018 Hopslam tonight. It's still good! It is, as you may guess, a bit hoppy.

I would hope it's still good. It can't be more than 3 weeks old. /Anus
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jan 2018, 09:29

Technically the proper thread, but this post will disappoint everyone except maybe cheese.

Diet Coke was losing a lot of ground in the marketplace, so they’re repositioning Diet Coke to “appeal more to Millenials”. Apparently they think Millenials will be attracted more to stupid flavors in cans that don’t fit right in cupholders.

Whenever you go to a place with a Coke Freestyle machine (like Five Guys, where you have the touchscreen that allows you to create whatever fucking flavor of soda you want from like a couple hundred options? that one...) I like making cherry Diet Cokes, so I decided I’d try the Feisty Cherry. TiVo knows I’m not gonna respect a docile beverage, so thankfully I can feel like a Feisty one is better representation of what I want to drink in 2018 as an empowered woman. They showed up at the local grocery store, so I bought an eight-pack of the Feisty Cherry and tried one once they had time to properly chill. Guh. It’s garbage. Kind of tart. Too much feisty. Too little cherry. Hard pass. Not really interested in even trying the other flavors (or at least paying to try them) so I’ll just stick to regular Diet Coke. Thankfully the regular stuff they’re intending to still sell in the usual 12-ounce can shape so I can drive safely with one in my car. I just hope they don’t ruin the Coke Freestyle cherry flavors now.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Jan 2018, 09:40

Diet Cherry Coke is my Freestyle jam too!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby the cheese » 25 Jan 2018, 09:42

I am utterly opposed to all freestyle DC. Gotta have the uncut, unadulterated aspartame and metal taste of artificially sweetened acid.

Saw that stuff last night when I rant to Homeland for more deli meat, cheese slices, eggs and a 20 of DC. It looked stupid as hell so I walked right on by. Also got some wheat thins. Regular. Like God intended.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Jan 2018, 09:49

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Diet Cherry Coke is my Freestyle jam too!

2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby TheWolf » 25 Jan 2018, 09:50

I hate the skinny cans that don't fit in cup holders. Looking at you, Red Bull.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 25 Jan 2018, 11:59

i thought this was a pretty interesting story about the demise of a cheap but good rye that was a big hit in baltimore but nowhere else
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Jan 2018, 12:31

TheWolf wrote:I hate the skinny cans that don't fit in cup holders. Looking at you, Red Bull.

Mich ultra makes it so hard to drink and drive.

I also thought the new coke branding was dumb. They're losing share to bubbly water, water with enhancements, regular water, and energy drinks. Not to other sodas. Why are you making more sodas in different cans?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.