Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Other stuff in other stuff.

Re: Did you bring a cooler?: the DRINKS thread

Postby Colonel Angus » 11 Jan 2018, 14:40

mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I been drinking cafe Bustelo at home for the last couple weeks instead of my usual Dunkin regular grind. It's strong and kind of smells odd. But I like it a lot. Anyway, I was under the impression that it was authentic Cuban. I just read that it is owned by the Smuckers corporation. So like, the least authentic it could possibly be. Anyway, still like it, just don't believe I am part cubano anymore.

You just can't get away from Ohio, Yokel.

If Yokel wanted to get away from Ohio, he wouldn't live in South Carolina.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby chrisco » 11 Jan 2018, 14:43

Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:I been drinking cafe Bustelo at home for the last couple weeks instead of my usual Dunkin regular grind. It's strong and kind of smells odd. But I like it a lot. Anyway, I was under the impression that it was authentic Cuban. I just read that it is owned by the Smuckers corporation. So like, the least authentic it could possibly be. Anyway, still like it, just don't believe I am part cubano anymore.

I think Yoke should buy into the Marlins ownership grupo so he can reconnect to his Miami Cuban roots.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jan 2018, 14:45

Colonel Angus wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Theny » 11 Jan 2018, 14:49

ETA to be clear to dtf should he read this, I mean authentic Cuban like Miami, I am aware we still have a trade embargo

Well if it makes you feel better all my in laws drink Bustelo.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Jew Jitsu » 11 Jan 2018, 15:08

I had a group interview with smuckers senior year of college. Got hammered the night before and showed up ten mins late, was the first cut.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jan 2018, 15:17

Theny wrote:

ETA to be clear to dtf should he read this, I mean authentic Cuban like Miami, I am aware we still have a trade embargo

I feel better. The reason I tried it is one of my few remaining military friends told me they improved mud by using Bustelo instead of the crystal stuff. I am not prepared to drink mud again, that is for psychos.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 11 Jan 2018, 15:33

SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

I feel better. The reason I tried it is one of my few remaining military friends told me they improved mud by using Bustelo instead of the crystal stuff. I am not prepared to drink mud again, that is for psychos.

Mud?
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jan 2018, 15:37

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

Mud?

You brew coffee, pour it back into the machine and brew it again.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 11 Jan 2018, 15:49

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

Mud?

Did the bulletproof coffee fad die out yet?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jan 2018, 15:52

chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

Mud?

The internet appears to have tired of it around 2015
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 11 Jan 2018, 15:54

SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

Mud?

So it's the Gregs Kite of coffee? /sotsg
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Goose » 11 Jan 2018, 15:59

TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

Mud?

:lol:

And it sounds like this mud stuff is the dirt wings of coffee.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby TheWolf » 11 Jan 2018, 16:01

Ha, good analogy Goose. Yoke, can I get clarification here... Do you brew it again over the same grounds? Or do you use fresh grounds on the second time through? I assume the latter would be even stronger, and would probably kill a normal person.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby SouthernYokel » 11 Jan 2018, 16:03

Goose wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
chrisco wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Theny wrote:

Mud?

:lol:

And it sounds like this mud stuff is the dirt wings of coffee.

There are people who try to make it "good" by brewing then using a french press. That is not the point, the point is to get maximum caffeine. I can confirm that the taste is incredibly bitter and awful but when you are stuck on duty overnight, mud is a lifesaver. You use the same grounds, usually double the grounds you'd usually put in for a pot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Jan 2018, 16:47

savages.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Misc.